Thread: Tom Brady Charity SUV - Scam?

All League

Tom Brady Charity SUV - Scam?

Why does a guy with his kind of contract need a free car provided by a charity?

[url]http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1280792[/url]

Audi, Tom Brady Buddy up three times
    By Christine Mcconville | Sunday, September 12, 2010 | [url]http://www.bostonherald.com[/url] | Local Coverage

Photo by Mark Garfinkel
    The sedan banged up in a Back Bay crash last week was the third Audi that New England Patriots [team stats] quarterback Tom Brady [stats] has received in the past three years in connection with his charitable work, a spokeswoman for the German car company said yesterday.

“It’s part of our partnership with Best Buddies,” said Anja Kaehny, an Audi executive. “We often give cars to opinion leaders in the community.”

Brady isn’t the only Pats player getting Audis through the charitable partnership: In 2008, the company gave linemen Matt Light [stats], Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, Logan Mankins [stats] and Nick Kaczur new Audi Q7 SUVs for six months.

“There’s no better way to thank them for attending the Best Buddies Challenge: Hyannisport and for keeping me safe all year, than by giving them the safety, performance and luxury of the Audi Q7 SUV,” Brady was quoted as saying in a release from the charity.

Audi also gives two cars each year to Best Buddies International, Kaehny said. One goes to Anthony Kennedy Shriver, who founded the the highly regarded nonprofit - which provides friendships and jobs to disabled people - in 1989. Kaehny said she didn’t know who drives the other one.

Brady has been involved with the group since at least 2001, when he cycled with other Best Buddies supporters from the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum in Dorchester to Hyannisport.

“What strikes me most about Best Buddies is the simplicity - and magnitude - of the mission,” Brady said in a May statement released by the charity. “Friendship is a simple idea. Connecting people who may not normally be friends and changing the way people think about individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities - that’s huge.”

In 2007, Audi became a leading Best Buddies sponsor. The Bay State bike ride was renamed Audi Best Buddies: Hyannisport, and Brady became its chairman.

Representatives from Best Buddies could not be reached for comment. Brady’s agent did not return calls or e-mails.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Digetydog;3728053]Why does a guy with his kind of contract need a free car provided by a charity?

[url]http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1280792[/url]

Audi, Tom Brady Buddy up three times
    By Christine Mcconville | Sunday, September 12, 2010 | [url]http://www.bostonherald.com[/url] | Local Coverage

Photo by Mark Garfinkel
    The sedan banged up in a Back Bay crash last week was the third Audi that New England Patriots [team stats] quarterback Tom Brady [stats] has received in the past three years in connection with his charitable work, a spokeswoman for the German car company said yesterday.

“It’s part of our partnership with Best Buddies,” said Anja Kaehny, an Audi executive. “We often give cars to opinion leaders in the community.”

Brady isn’t the only Pats player getting Audis through the charitable partnership: In 2008, the company gave linemen Matt Light [stats], Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, Logan Mankins [stats] and Nick Kaczur new Audi Q7 SUVs for six months.

“There’s no better way to thank them for attending the Best Buddies Challenge: Hyannisport and for keeping me safe all year, than by giving them the safety, performance and luxury of the Audi Q7 SUV,” Brady was quoted as saying in a release from the charity.

Audi also gives two cars each year to Best Buddies International, Kaehny said. One goes to Anthony Kennedy Shriver, who founded the the highly regarded nonprofit - which provides friendships and jobs to disabled people - in 1989. Kaehny said she didn’t know who drives the other one.

Brady has been involved with the group since at least 2001, when he cycled with other Best Buddies supporters from the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum in Dorchester to Hyannisport.

“What strikes me most about Best Buddies is the simplicity - and magnitude - of the mission,” Brady said in a May statement released by the charity. “Friendship is a simple idea. Connecting people who may not normally be friends and changing the way people think about individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities - that’s huge.”

In 2007, Audi became a leading Best Buddies sponsor. The Bay State bike ride was renamed Audi Best Buddies: Hyannisport, and Brady became its chairman.

Representatives from Best Buddies could not be reached for comment. Brady’s agent did not return calls or e-mails.[/QUOTE]

It helps the Charity because they get to use Brady's name in their promotions..

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3728061]It helps the Charity because they get to use Brady's name in their promotions..[/QUOTE]

"Hi, I am Tom Brady and I support [insert charity] b/c they gave me a pimped out ride."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Digetydog;3728067]"Hi, I am Tom Brady and I support [insert charity] b/c they gave me a pimped out ride."[/QUOTE]

Blame the Charity then..

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3728068]Blame the Charity then..[/QUOTE]

I blame both. If he is a paid spokesman, it should be clear to everyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Digetydog;3728077]I blame both. If he is a paid spokesman, it should be clear to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Audi may donate the cars as long as they go to high profile people so they can say Brady drives a Audi.. Hollywood people get free stuff all the time that's the way the world works..