Thread: Lions just got robbed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Lions just got robbed

OMG

Worst call I have ever seen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worst call or worst rule? The call was correct.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    anybody want to post the details

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just posted about this in the other thread. One of the best catches I have ever seen. The NFL is complete bullsh*t. I'm so pissed because I also have Calvin Johnson on my fantasy team. If that's not a catch, I don't know what the fu*k is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3728190]anybody want to post the details[/QUOTE]

you have to see it...every game will be showing the repay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3728186]Worst call or worst rule? The call was correct.[/QUOTE]

Fair point, worst rule.

How do you need to posses it through the whole process, but on running plays it is a touchdown the second it breaks the goal line?

This rule should be changed asap.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lions are like the 1996 Jets...every year

lol...what happened?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3728198]Fair point, worst rule.

How do you need to posses it through the whole process, but on running plays it is a touchdown the second it breaks the goal line?

This rule should be changed asap.[/QUOTE]

The process was over. He already came down with it and his feet were down. He later put it in one hand as he fell.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3728202]The process was over. He already came down with it and his feet were down. He later put it in one hand as he fell.[/QUOTE]

The rule and the call both suck.

What a travesty.

Anyone know what happened to Stafford?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3728202]The process was over. He already came down with it and his feet were down. He later put it in one hand as he fell.[/QUOTE]

He used the ball to help land and it came out...the process was not over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad rule...was thinking they may say no catch the second it happened.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SteveIncognito;3728199]The Lions are like the 1996 Jets...every year

lol...what happened?[/QUOTE]

An amazing catch. Hill threw it up, Johnson leaps over the CB with hands outstretched, catches it in his hands over the CB, two feet go down, he then moves the ball into his left hand, I believe, (like you would palm a basketball) as he falls, then he falls and the ball in hand hits the ground and come out of his hand.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    only the lions

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely horrible rule (if that is indeed the rule). Johnson made an amazing catch, rising above the DB, both feet hit the ground, his body then hits the ground while he keeps possession - surely it is a TD at this point - but no, as he rolls over his arm hits the ground he puts the ball on the turf, and then wheels away to celebrate.

Apparently not a TD because he didn't keep the ball when he got up or some BS like that. I can't even follow the justification to be honest.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3728204]He used the ball to help land and it came out...the process was not over.[/QUOTE]

No way. His feet were already down then he fell.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the ground not being able to cause a fumble? Because thats pretty much what just happened. What a BS rule and like another poster said, on a running play the ball only has to CROSS the plane and it's a TD.

On that play? He had both feet in, took about 5 or 6 steps, had control of the ball, his elbow hit the ground, his knees hit the ground, his ass hit the ground... The BALL hit the ground after about 3 seconds of total control.

Horrid and it sucks because I also had the Lions over the Bears in my Jets pick em league with the spread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3728211]No way. His feet were already down then he fell.[/QUOTE]

Feet are down on a lot of plays, but you have to control the ball to the ground.

I have him on fantasy, so I was bummed, but it was the correct call according to the rule.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3728213]What happened to the ground not being able to cause a fumble? Because thats pretty much what just happened. What a BS rule and like another poster said, on a running play the ball only has to CROSS the plane and it's a TD.

On that play? He had both feet in, took about 5 or 6 steps, had control of the ball, his elbow hit the ground, his knees hit the ground, his ass hit the ground... The BALL hit the ground after about 3 seconds of total control.

Horrid and it sucks because I also had the Lions over the Bears in my Jets pick em league with the spread.[/QUOTE]

The ground didn't cause a fumble...it wasn't a fumble...according to the rules, it wasn't even a catch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3728203]The rule and the call both suck.

What a travesty.

Anyone know what happened to Stafford?[/QUOTE]

Stafford injured his shoulder - missed the second half. No report from Lions on severity of shoulder injury.

I agree - Lions were robbed>

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3728203]Anyone know what happened to Stafford?[/QUOTE]

Peppers sacked him, he landed on his right shoulder, same one that caused him to miss 6 games last season.