Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Narcissistic owner Kraft derailed Mankins extension! (merged)

Narcissistic owner Kraft derailed Mankins extension! (merged)

[QUOTE]“Shortly before the deal could be consummated, the Patriots asked Mankins to apologize to Patriots owner Robert Kraft for comments he made in June, questioning the New England owner’s integrity,” wrote Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston. ”Mankins did. He called Kraft, apologized and explained why he spoke out in the way he did. It was a nice conversation and it paved the way for Mankins’ long-term deal to be consummated.

“Then, about 90 minutes later, just before finalizing the deal, the Patriots requested Mankins issue a public apology. Not only did Mankins refuse, but he became offended, according to sources. The optimism that had been built, the momentum that the talks had generated, completed collapsed — and even regressed.”

Mankins now says he will never play for the Pats ever again.
    [/QUOTE]

Are you freaking kidding me? I'm even shocked that Mankins apologized to the owner to begin with, but did that deal REALLY fall apart because the Patriots tried playing "king of the mountain" with him?

What a pathetic franchise, really, you would think an organization that prides itself on being smart and focused, and at times displays exactly that, between the cheating scandals, the fact they don't pay big money to FA's, and now this?

it's about time some decent players are starting call out the fraud that bob kraft is. ever since putin stole his superbowl ring (and before) i knew this clown was a 24 carat azz clown. what a pathetic piece of garbage the owner of the patsies is.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3728598]Are you freaking kidding me? I'm even shocked that Mankins apologized to the owner to begin with, but did that deal REALLY fall apart because the Patriots tried playing "king of the mountain" with him?

What a pathetic franchise, really, you would think an organization that prides itself on being smart and focused, and at times displays exactly that, between the cheating scandals, the fact they don't pay big money to FA's, and now this?[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Mebbe, Kraft should now call Mankinz, apologize and then publicly apologize... 89 minutes later.

Then, they can start this up all over again... with a new Mankinz call to Kraft.

Jets Insider VIP

Narcissistic owner Kraft derailed Mankins extension!

After months of negotiations and a long hold out, Logan Mankins had all but agreed to a contract extension with the Patriots. But there was one problem, owner Robert Kraft demanded that Mankins issue a public apology to the team and owner. Result, no deal.

The Patriots need a seat on the couch of a shrink!
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-12-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Mankins is the clearly the bigger idiot and hypocrite here, but Kraft is certainly not blameless in this case, and I can see that people here are looking for any excuse to bash the Pats' management.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3728598]
    .....you would think an organization that prides itself on being smart and focused, and at times displays exactly that, between the cheating scandals, the fact they don't pay big money to FA's, and now this?[/QUOTE]

The media created that perception of "smart and focused". They, have been otherwise; their emotions and pride get the best of them; players constantly voice their hatred of the Jets and Belichick rules by a combination of paranoia and distance from the team. The media often glossed over it in light of the success of the early 2000's.

Spygate, running off the field before their Super Bowl defeat, the "handshake" sagas, Ted Johnson's concussion controversy, the condescending attitude towards the media and the ends justify the means attitude have finally come to roost as the 90's era talent has departed, exposed Belichick's inability to replace it and left him with Brady- the accidental creation of the Jets and Mo Lewis- as his remaining claim to relevance.

The Moss and Mankins crises symbolize the attitude of the team and its organizational leadership. Moss represents the the threat of individuality to a regime that demands submission in exchange for the promise of success. But what happens when expectations for success meets futility? Frustration.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 09-12-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Jesus...extremely selfish on Kraft's part. Randy Moss, and now Mankin...who next.

I'm outraged.

Mankins in public called Kraft a Liar. Not a GM or a coach, but the owner of the team.

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;3728651]The Moss and Mankins crises [/QUOTE]

What is the Moss "crisis"? :confused:

[QUOTE=MTJets;3728655]Jesus...extremely selfish on Kraft's part. Randy Moss, and now Mankin...who next.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing either Brady, Wilfork or Bodden. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=FF2®;3728658]I'm outraged.[/QUOTE]

why don't you just say the same thing in every thread on the board.

[QUOTE=patman;3728660]Mankins in public called Kraft a Liar. Not a GM or a coach, but the owner of the team.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Kraft crossed the line when he asked Mankins to apologize privately and publicly; the line between humility and humiliation is thin. It does surprise me that Mankins did not just accept it and sign the deal.

[QUOTE=patman;3728660]Mankins in public called Kraft a Liar. Not a GM or a coach, but the owner of the team.[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree with this. Kraft is who pays Mankins' salary, however here is the problem, and where it would annoy me.

Mankins called Kraft a liar, and apologized to Kraft. The conversation was pleasant (seemingly), and everything was made nice. Then, the management called Mankins and told him he had to issue a public apology. where's the breakdown in communication? Kraft couldn't tell Mankins that's what he wanted? I know it's stupid, something like this blocking a multi-million dollar deal, but come on.

There has to be something we're missing. Are all these guys that narcissistic? Pig headed?

[QUOTE=FF2®;3728661]What is the Moss "crisis"? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I doubt you missed the public grenade he tossed in the punch bowl at the post game press conference today. ;)

[QUOTE=John_0515;3728671]I kind of agree with this. Kraft is who pays Mankins' salary, however here is the problem, and where it would annoy me.

Mankins called Kraft a liar, and apologized to Kraft. The conversation was pleasant (seemingly), and everything was made nice. Then, the management called Mankins and told him he had to issue a public apology. where's the breakdown in communication? Kraft couldn't tell Mankins that's what he wanted? I know it's stupid, something like this blocking a multi-million dollar deal, but come on.

There has to be something we're missing. Are all these guys that narcissistic? Pig headed?[/QUOTE]

I've stopped believing ALL these reports awhile back.

Jets Insider VIP
    I will not comment until I hear what patsfanken says which will explain why Mankins is a complete bum and why Kraft is totally blameless and actually a Mother Theresa in a pink tie

[QUOTE=FF2®;3728680]I've stopped believing ALL these reports awhile back.[/QUOTE]

There's always more to it than the public knows. Just like the Revis deal.

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;3728674]I doubt you missed the public grenade he tossed in the punch bowl at the post game press conference today. ;)[/QUOTE]

And this is a "crisis" how? :confused:

[QUOTE=John_0515;3728683]There's always more to it than the public knows. Just like the Revis deal.[/QUOTE]

That's what I mean. All these reports are full crap.