Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of empty seats at the vaGiants game

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of empty seats at the vaGiants game

Im sure the new place is gonna look just like that tomorrow night too. Someone take pics and post them cuz they didnt show that much on TV today. Guess Big Blew doesnt want the word to get out that they didnt sell the placeout either. I dont feel bad for the teams I just hope the games dont get blacked out ...ever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3728692]Im sure the new place is gonna look just like that tomorrow night too. Someone take pics and post them cuz they didnt show that much on TV today. Guess Big Blew doesnt want the word to get out that they didnt sell the placeout either. I dont feel bad for the teams I just hope the games dont get blacked out ...ever.[/QUOTE]

Francesser said the Giants are NY's team and the Giant fans are the oldest and classiest in NY and that they sold way more tickets than the Jets....so this has to be an illusion of some sort.

Perhaps they all went for a smoke when the cameras were on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looked like two or three full sections of the mezz clubs were empty. That's a lot more han a few club seats remaining.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked like a few sections were close to empty.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the seats are too expensive lolzz

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, they are costly. But didn't the Giants talk about how they only had a few seats left in the club areas? To me, that was more than a "few"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were full of ****. They didnt even show the half of it on TV. Every other section of the mezz was empty on the visitor side and on the big blew side they were only half full.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3728700]Francesser said the Giants are NY's team and the Giant fans are the oldest and classiest in NY and that they sold way more tickets than the Jets....so this has to be an illusion of some sort.

Perhaps they all went for a smoke when the cameras were on.[/QUOTE]

i love how FATSO has talked for years how classy the giants fans are. he never brings up the scum giants fans who were throwing snowballs. and never mentions the scum drunk giants fan who left the stadium and paralysed(sp) that girl. some people just dont get it that all teams have some bad fans.

danny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a pretty good deal of empties during the game. The thing that struck me the most though was how quiet the stadium sounded on TV especially when the Giants were on offense. I know the Giants fans are not known for being extra loud or anything, but the QB came through crystal clear and it was never like that in the old stadium. Quite different than the way the sound is right now in Washington or earlier in Seattle. I wonder if thats a sign of a poor crowd or the design of the stadium letting the noise dissipate moreso than the old stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is it the media has crushed the Jets for not selling all their PSLs but the VaGiants havent taken any greif over not selling theirs. They have the "loyal" fan base. Its "their" home. Its a bunch of crap

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3728767]How is it the media has crushed the Jets for not selling all their PSLs but the VaGiants havent taken any greif over not selling theirs. They have the "loyal" fan base. Its "their" home. Its a bunch of crap[/QUOTE]

They didn't 27,000 seats away for free.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants front office are liars. There were a helluva a lot more empty seats than they said theyre would be

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jason423;3728765]Definitely a pretty good deal of empties during the game. The thing that struck me the most though was how quiet the stadium sounded on TV especially when the Giants were on offense. I know the Giants fans are not known for being extra loud or anything, but the QB came through crystal clear and it was never like that in the old stadium. Quite different than the way the sound is right now in Washington or earlier in Seattle. I wonder if thats a sign of a poor crowd or the design of the stadium letting the noise dissipate moreso than the old stadium.[/QUOTE]

Now I dislike the Midgets just as much, and most likely more than most, but to be fair, the home crowd is supposed to be quiet when their team is on O. The 4 huge screens even had a message similar to "QUIET PLEASE, OFFENSE AT WORK". Took up the whole screen. I saw it just watching from home.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike135;3728844]Now I dislike the Midgets just as much, and most likely more than most, but to be fair, the home crowd is supposed to be quiet when their team is on O. The 4 huge screens even had a message similar to "QUIET PLEASE, OFFENSE AT WORK". Took up the whole screen. I saw it just watching from home.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they had those up at the old stadium, for the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing everyone is forgetting. The main selling point both teams made about the clubs is get out of the lousy weather. I'm sure there were a lot of people with club seats who sat in the lounges during the rain today. I'm sure there were still plenty of unsold seats but we honestly will never be able to tell the amount of unsold clubs unless someone who is a club holder can get pics of what the lounges look like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crowd sounded very quiet for the most part too. Sounded like a Baseball game. We will put them to shame tonight!

:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets337;3728883]One thing everyone is forgetting. The main selling point both teams made about the clubs is get out of the lousy weather. I'm sure there were a lot of people with club seats who sat in the lounges during the rain today. [/QUOTE]

Hear me out.

In anticipation of tomorrows Jet opener.

Every club seat owner should be furnished with a life sized "human replica" sporting a Bruce Harper jersey. They can make it out of styrofome for portability.

A couple of rain drops, presto chango, it is done, human Harper replica comes out into a seat, priveledged PSL owner goes back into party central with sAR1s.

Simple.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3728889]Crowd sounded very quiet for the most part too. Sounded like a Baseball game.

We will put them to shame [B]tonight![/B]

:yes:[/QUOTE]

So nice to finally be able to say that. :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets337;3728883]One thing everyone is forgetting. The main selling point both teams made about the clubs is get out of the lousy weather. I'm sure there were a lot of people with club seats who sat in the lounges during the rain today. I'm sure there were still plenty of unsold seats but we honestly will never be able to tell the amount of unsold clubs unless someone who is a club holder can get pics of what the lounges look like.[/QUOTE]

That there is the one thing that disappoints me about the new stadium. Sure I understand making money, survival of the fittest, different classes and all that. Sh*t that's life, deal with it.

Yet to have tons of empty seats inside the 40s in the LL and/or the whole Mezz on the sidelines is kinda freakin depressing and lame.

Perhaps just selling seats anywhere in the stadium and then an added "option" could have been club access. This way your club members would be spread around and all that prime real estate wouldn't be wasted. No doubt many club members would still have bought the better seats but I doubt all of 'em, and I'm sure others would have paid a premium for prime seating w/o taking the club option.

Even if there probably would have been some relation to good seats and club access, it wouldn't have been everyone. Hopefully over the next few years we can fix that.

Anyone notice most of the crowd shots were of the end zones? That's just embarrassing that the NY market gives it's best seats to people who don't care to be there.

Again I'm not *****ing about money. Hell I got 4 LSL PSLs back when they were 15k and if the 20K seats weren't made for people 5'8 and under, I might have gotten those. I just don't think great seats should necessarily go along with club access.

** Sorry for the rant. Can't sleep! Too freakin excited for tomorrow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jason423;3728765]Definitely a pretty good deal of empties during the game. The thing that struck me the most though was how quiet the stadium sounded on TV especially when the Giants were on offense. I know the Giants fans are not known for being extra loud or anything, but the QB came through crystal clear and it was never like that in the old stadium. Quite different than the way the sound is right now in Washington or earlier in Seattle. I wonder if thats a sign of a poor crowd or the design of the stadium letting the noise dissipate moreso than the old stadium.[/QUOTE]

I think part of the clarity in the QBs voice are the mics they put on the centers.