Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe McKnight

Practice Squad

Joe McKnight

I have faith in Joe McKnight. The draft isn't used to get a player to make an immediate impact. Its used to build for your future (4-5 years). Revis didn't reach superstar level to his third year, and I think people need to give Joe McKnight a couple of years. If he is still doing this in 3 years then its time to let his sorry ass go, but at this point he shouldn't even be considered a bust. I remember the first year we got Revis and everyone complained and said we should of got Ross. Now look at us. Just wait. I guarantee Joe McKnight will do good things for this team in the future.
    Last edited by MTJets; 09-12-2010 at 09:56 PM.

All Pro
    revis is going into his 4th year

Practice Squad
    Oh well my bad lolz...still...I think we just have to give him time. I wish he was like AP and have an amazing rookie year, but that isn't what the draft is for.

Undrafted Free Agent
    hoe mcknight shouldve been on the ps instead of washington lolzz

Revis is going into his fourth year..

Practice Squad
    Jeez everyone chill lolz...I know I made a mistake...Just calm down lolz...Just focus on the point. And yeah I agree. Washington should be on the team, but McKnight surviving waivers is very unlikely lolz.

Hall Of Fame
    McKnight is a bum and will be a bust. He is the RB version of the boar hunter. He stinks.

Hall Of Fame
    While it is definitely to early to decide on McKnight, comparing his situation to Revis's is crazy.

Revis played super solid as a rookie at a position that is 100 times harder to transition into out of college. McKnight isn't even game day active yet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

McKnight's been off to an awful start, but I agree with the OP, he was a 4th round pick and he's going to need time to develop. And he can't be placed on the practice squad, he'd be swiped right away.

Practice Squad
    Okay Revis situation might be a bit extreme, but what about Shonne Greene? We all thought that he was gonna stink. And now we all love him. People are extremely impatient and need to wait. Leon Washington wasn't some pro in his first year either.

Undrafted Free Agent
    true mcknight wouldnt of made through waivers lolzz but washington shouldve been on the 53 though lolzz

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MTJets View Post
    Okay Revis situation might be a bit extreme, but what about Shonne Greene? We all thought that he was gonna stink. And now we all love him. People are extremely impatient and need to wait. Leon Washington wasn't some pro in his first year either.
    I don't know what planet you are living on. Nobody that I can recall thought that Greene was going to stink. There were questions about his durability, there still are, and there were questions about his habit of putting the ball on the ground.

McKnight has just been horrible.

Leon was making plays from his very first practice and he never stopped.

All Pro
    lol you're bad at examples. Who thought Greene was going to be bad?

Atleast use gholston as an example.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BleednGreen View Post
    true mcknight wouldnt of made through waivers lolzz but washington shouldve been on the 53 though lolzz
    If McKnight was a 6th or 7th round pick and had not been traded up for he would have been cut. He clearly did not beat out any of the other RB's in camp.

Practice Squad
    Well I could go post a whole bunch of stats and then post the whole roster. And why don't you just focus on the whole point of the thread lolz? Washington should of got on, but Woodhead will give that option to pass with in the first four weeks and that is where Washington got ripped off.

Practice Squad
    Last year after we first drafted Greene people said it was a bad choice for the pick. And when did Leon make plays since he got here? But see McKnight wasn't a 6th or 7th round pick. He was a fourth for a reason. I just think we are going to hard on him. Now as of recently how the hell am I supposed to get examples? Sorry that the Jets have a knack of drafting great players. I mean people are still allowing Vlad to devolve, but yet we can't let McKnight?

Veteran
    I guarantee if they give this kid the ball in a crucial spot, the ball will wind up on the ground. Same thing goes for fielding punts. He will, most certainly, muff one or try to field it inside the 10....or worse.

Reiterating a joke... I wouldn't trust this guy right now to take a knee. He is simply not ready to play at this level.

Practice Squad
    I agree with you that he is not ready at all to play at this level. Not even close, but in 3-5 years I see him kinda being like Leon Washington. Maybe not as good or maybe better.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Last year after we first drafted Greene people said it was a bad choice for the pick. And when did Leon make plays since he got here? But see McKnight wasn't a 6th or 7th round pick. He was a fourth for a reason. I just think we are going to hard on him. Now as of recently how the hell am I supposed to get examples? Sorry that the Jets have a knack of drafting great players. I mean people are still allowing Vlad to devolve, but yet we can't let McKnight?
    ur nuts bro lolzzz

Oh well my bad lolz...still...I think we just have to give him time. I wish he was like AP and have an amazing rookie year, but that isn't what the draft is for.
    If you type LOLZ one more time I am going to kick you in the balls.