Thread: Santana Moss

All League

Santana Moss

Santana Moss is having a good night tonight looking as if he's young again with Donovan McNabb throwing him the ball...6 catches, 77 yds.

It's crazy that he's still around and the guy we traded him for (Coles) is pretty much retired.

All Pro
    Sideline Santana? Nobody even liked him when he was here? He was a terrible fit for the Pennington offense.

Coles was bound to have a shorter career than Moss as he played a much more physical game. I still remember that hit Zach Thomas laid on him in '06, you never see Moss get hit like that.

I hope he keeps it up! I got him on my fantasy squad... :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He's a poor man's Santonio Holmes.

[QUOTE=Tamernyc34;3728855]I hope he keeps it up! I got him on my fantasy squad... :D[/QUOTE]

+1....besides cooley, who else is mcnabb throwing to in that offense?

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;3728825]Sideline Santana? Nobody even liked him when he was here? He was a terrible fit for the Pennington offense.[/QUOTE]

I liked him a lot. Sadly, we had a QB/"Noodle Arm" who could not get the ball downfield to exploit his blazing speed.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3729148]I liked him a lot. Sadly, we had a QB/"Noodle Arm" who could not get the ball downfield to exploit his blazing speed.[/QUOTE]

Liked the talent, hated the lack of toughness. There's a reason he's still playing, because he avoids hits like the plague..... and this ain't a game you can play scared like that.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3729161]Liked the talent, hated the lack of toughness. There's a reason he's still playing, because he avoids hits like the plague..... and this ain't a game you can play scared like that.[/QUOTE]

I can live with your appraisal. Although, he's not tough slot receiver like Chrebet or Welker (sorry, sg3), who are fearless. Moss' game is getting down the sidelines for a long gainer. We just had the wrong guy throwing the ball to make that happen.

McNabb is kind of made for Santana so those two will do well together. McNabb loves to throw downfield and Santana is very comfortable going downfield, especially on deep routes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Moss will pull a hammy this week or next and be active/inactive throughout the season. he suck, who cares.

All League
    moss really isn't that good. i'll take edwards, cotchery, and holmes over him any day.

He was useless with Noodle Arm :yes:

[QUOTE=Zombo;3729317]moss really isn't that good. i'll take edwards, cotchery, and holmes over him any day.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Stop it

Edit: for some reason i thought you were talking about randy moss...dumb i know...youre right santana is worse than our WR :yes:
    Last edited by BleednGreen; 09-13-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Zombo;3729317]moss really isn't that good. i'll take edwards, cotchery, and holmes over him any day.[/QUOTE]

+1

I like our receivers alot. No need for sideline Santana.

Hall Of Fame
    The HGH doctor that got caught was going to visit Moss and Tiger Woods.
    Funny how Tiger sucks ever since they caught this Candian Dr.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3729161]Liked the talent, hated the lack of toughness. There's a reason he's still playing, because he avoids hits like the plague..... and this ain't a game you can play scared like that.[/QUOTE]

Seriously - no one remembers Moss running out of bounds all the time? He was the O's answer to Kelly Rhodes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;3728825]Sideline Santana? Nobody even liked him when he was here? He was a terrible fit for the Pennington offense.[/QUOTE]

He did have 10 td's and over 1100 yds in 03 but Chad didn't play the whole season.. But 6 of his 10 came with Chad and 3 of them were in the Giant game a 31-28 loss with Caddy as the QB..

All League

+1 Santana Moss was a playmaker for us WHEN he was healthy, seemed to always be battling a injury though.

It made sense to trade for Coles back then, he was a better reciever at that time, had better chemistry with our QB Pennington, was alot more tougher and played through pain/injuries and was still productive, plus Moss was looking for big money while Coles already got his and had a more manigable contract IIRC.

Loved them both as Jets, but I give Coles the edge as a WR when they were both in there prime.