Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nervous

Nervous

am i the only one?

with all the chatter and expectations, the team has essentially backed itself into a corner of a must win game tomorrow. do Super Bowl teams start off 0-1 at home against a team they've been saying they're going to beat all along? nope- they start off 1-0 and then move on and beat the chowds next week. if we lose tomorrow night, we're back to being stuck in the same bottomless hole that we Jets fans have become accustomed to never being able to climb out. if we don't beat the Ravens tomorrow, how do we beat the chowds next week, or the Dolphins the week after? the Pats have shown right along that they are going to have their customary unstoppable offense, and defense that will do just enough to win a lot of games. we have to TAKE the division from them, which means we have to win a ton of games, and that starts tomorrow.

i'm excited as hell for this game tomorrow, but at the same time nervous that we've been working ourselves into a crazy frenzy, only to end up with yet another mediocore season. what about you guys?

[QUOTE=Pretzel M & M;3728859]am i the only one?

with all the chatter and expectations, the team has essentially backed itself into a corner of a must win game tomorrow. do Super Bowl teams start off 0-1 at home against a team they've been saying they're going to beat all along? nope- they start off 1-0 and then move on and beat the chowds next week. if we lose tomorrow night, we're back to being stuck in the same bottomless hole that we Jets fans have become accustomed to never being able to climb out. if we don't beat the Ravens tomorrow, how do we beat the chowds next week, or the Dolphins the week after? the Pats have shown right along that they are going to have their customary unstoppable offense, and defense that will do just enough to win a lot of games. we have to TAKE the division from them, which means we have to win a ton of games, and that starts tomorrow.

i'm excited as hell for this game tomorrow, but at the same time nervous that we've been working ourselves into a crazy frenzy, only to end up with yet another mediocore season. what about you guys?[/QUOTE]

F*ck that, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yes, if they start out 0-1 the season is over.

You should be very nervous. :rolleyes:

If you weren't notice then I would worry. We backed ourselves into a hole, but if we aren't good enough to get out then that is it. If were good enough then we should be allowed to back ourselves into a corner.

All Pro
    I disagree that if we lose we're totally screwed (I think that Ravens will be one of our toughest matchups this year) but I'm certainly nervous. They're a good team, and I'm afraid we won't be able to score points.

It's gonna be an exciting game.

[QUOTE=Pretzel M & M;3728859]am i the only one?

with all the chatter and expectations, the team has essentially backed itself into a corner of a must win game tomorrow. do Super Bowl teams start off 0-1 at home against a team they've been saying they're going to beat all along? nope- they start off 1-0 and then move on and beat the chowds next week. if we lose tomorrow night, we're back to being stuck in the same bottomless hole that we Jets fans have become accustomed to never being able to climb out. if we don't beat the Ravens tomorrow, how do we beat the chowds next week, [B]or the Dolphins the week after[/B]? the Pats have shown right along that they are going to have their customary unstoppable offense, and defense that will do just enough to win a lot of games. we have to TAKE the division from them, which means we have to win a ton of games, and that starts tomorrow.

i'm excited as hell for this game tomorrow, but at the same time nervous that we've been working ourselves into a crazy frenzy, only to end up with yet another mediocore season. what about you guys?[/QUOTE]

The Dolphins aren't in the same class as the other 2.

Not nervous, I just hate Monday night games, i would much rather play Sunday at 1 but what can ya do. I can not wait for tomorrow night though, we are gonna kick some ass.

[QUOTE=JB1089;3728873]The Dolphins aren't in the same class as the other 2.[/QUOTE]

true- but anyone that doesnt think that's going to be a slugfest with it being the Dolphins home opener on SNF, has another thing coming. sure, the Dolphins aren't great, but they weren't great last year when they ran all over us during that Monday night game. it won't be any cakewalk, guarantee it...

I'm definitely nervous and this idiocy with the female reporter has me really
    nervous.
    This suggests a team that is way too cocky and loose. And coming
    from a team that was barely 9-7 last year and has looked positively
    useless this preseason? I think we all should be nervous. Rex had better
    get them focused very quickly or we're going to be 0-2 just as quickly
    and he is going to be absolutely KILLED by the NY media.

I'm nervous because our offense looked like total crap in the preseason. The offensive line can't pass protect, Sanchez looks like he's gone backwards, not forwards, and if Sanchez can't keep defenses honest, our running game won't be great either. Our defense will be fine, but we were #1 in defense last year and finished 9-7. If we finish 9-7 this year my head won't explode in disbelief.

But who cares what Rex says...

Its gonna be a great game.

As we saw all Sunday.....whoever turns over the ball at critical times will lose the game, point blank.

[QUOTE=CTjetfan52;3728881]I'm definitely nervous and this idiocy with the female reporter has me really
    nervous.
    This suggests a team that is way too cocky and loose. And coming
    from a team that was barely 9-7 last year and has looked positively
    useless this preseason? I think we all should be nervous. Rex had better
    get them focused very quickly or we're going to be 0-2 just as quickly
    and he is going to be absolutely KILLED by the NY media.[/QUOTE]

agreed, what kind of stupidity is running rampant with this team right now? sure, the reporter probably brings it on herself by the way she dresses, but to go so far as to bring it into the locker room? wtf is wrong with them? i can understand having some fun with defensive back drills by overthrowing the ball so the receivers bump into her, that's in good fun and whatever, but to then make her feel uncomfortable in the locker room or whatever they did, wtf are they thinking?

Rookie
    Not nervous at all.
    Our defence is lights out better than thier off.
    Only thing I'm a little scared of is Sanchize turning the ball over.

[QUOTE=jetsonly;3728929]Not nervous at all.
    Only thing I'm a little scared of is Sanchize turning the ball over.[/QUOTE]

If the offensive line gives Mark quality time to throw......he will light that defense up!!!

must win???? really brah???

Rookie
    Not nervous at all.
    Only thing I'm a little scared of is Sanchize turning the ball over.

[QUOTE=BleednGreen;3728932]must win???? really brah???[/QUOTE]

pretty much. are we really a super bowl team if we lose this game at home?

[QUOTE=Pretzel M & M;3728934]pretty much. are we really a super bowl team if we lose this game at home?[/QUOTE]

Yes. We have the parts. Look at the Colts today.....whats their excuse.
    The Ravens have just as much to lose as we do. They are being viewed as a contender to the AFC crown also you know.

[QUOTE=Pretzel M & M;3728934]pretty much. are we really a super bowl team if we lose this game at home?[/QUOTE]

the saints lost to the buccaneers last year brah

This game is not a must-win, but I am still a little nervous.

The NFL is a very fickle league, and what we think we know after tomorrow's game could be completely wrong by October.

If opening week doesn't give you mixed emotions of nervousness, anxiousness, and excitement, than why bother being a fan. I am ready to invest the next 5 months of my life into this team for another year, and am ready to enjoy the highest of highs and the lowest of lows that is an NFL season
    Last edited by msujetfan 89; 09-13-2010 at 02:28 AM.