Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jets "Camp West" being investigated by the NFL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets "Camp West" being investigated by the NFL

Rex Ryan might appear to be everywhere these days, but it's the whereabouts of the ubiquitous Jets coach during a few days in July that has attracted the NFL's interest.

An unnamed NFL team has filed a complaint with the league concerning an offseason camp coordinated by Mark Sanchez. At question is whether Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer violated offseason training rules with their presence at several sessions of what was called "Jets Camp West."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment on the inquiry, and a Jets spokesman said, "The league is reviewing this matter and has our full cooperation."

ESPN originally reported the investigation.

There was nothing secretive about the July summit.

Schottenheimer has said he was happy to see his quarterback take the initiative in working with his offense in a setting away from the team's practice facilities in Florham Park, N.J. The workouts were held in Mission Viejo, Calif., at Sanchez's high school. Eight players, including receivers Santonio Holmes, Jerricho Cotchery, Larry Taylor, and David Clowney, tight end Dustin Keller and quarterback Kevin O'Connell, participated.

Ryan and Schottenheimer also attended Major League Baseball's All-Star festivities in nearby Anaheim.

A league response could range from a warning to a fine to forfeiture of a draft pick or picks. The number of organized practices could also be reduced.

Kevin Armstrong, DAILY NEWS

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unnamed NFL Team filing a complaint = Patriots

Has to be. Belichick hates us with a burning passion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many investigations does the NFL have going on the Jets now? :confused:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3729135]How many investigations does the NFL have going on the Jets now? :confused:[/QUOTE]

FF2 i honestly like your contributions to this board, I find them for the most part quite funny.

But in this case, the old saying about people in glass houses not throwing stones fits well I think.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Led Halen;3729149]FF2 i honestly like your contributions to this board, I find them for the most part quite funny.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Will you do me a favor and let Warfish know. He just doesn't see it.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenJoe;3729075]Unnamed NFL Team filing a complaint = Patriots

Has to be. Belichick hates us with a burning passion.[/QUOTE]

Or the Giants. The Maras seem to have a stick up their ass for some reason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No prob...

Schotty and everyone else have been honest about this since day one. I remember months ago that Schotty had said he was just taking in the workouts with his family while he was on vacation.

Sure he may be bull****ting, but that should still be good enough to avoid any draft pick losses.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3729135]How many investigations does the NFL have going on the Jets now? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Based on the number of threads, at least 2.

Note to OP - there was already a big thread about this yesterday.