Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME 1 THREAD: BALTIMORE RAVENS @ NEW YORK JETS

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

OFFICIAL GAME 1 THREAD: BALTIMORE RAVENS @ NEW YORK JETS

Let's get this **** started :rockon:

[IMG]http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/img/teams/BAL/BAL_logo-80x90.gif[/IMG] VS. [IMG]http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/img/teams/NYJ/NYJ_logo-80x90.gif[/IMG]

[SIZE="5"]
    Mon, Sep 13 7:00 PM ET[/SIZE]

NY Jets -1.5 Baltimore O/U 36
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 09-13-2010 at 06:19 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="7"][CENTER]J.......E........T........S.......

JETS!!!!

JETS!!!!

JETS!!!![/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait. It was a long Sunday yesterday without the Jets playing!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully it's on my end. otherwise, we're not off to a good start.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=stanner;3729753]hopefully it's on my end. otherwise, we're not off to a good start.[/QUOTE]

lol

It's not just you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think special teams has to come up huge here with a return or something like that. Can't be any turnovers either because the Ravens are too good to help out.

Unfortunately I think we lose because of how the offense will play. We can't run against them although we'll try. It will put Sanchez in tough spots and anytime you end up in 3rd and longs, the turnovers will come.

The one thing I'm holding out hope for is the fact that Westhoff is that good, Brad Smith is awesome, and our defense can be that damn good as well.

And maybe Kyle Wilson is that damn good returning punts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="7"] [B] AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!! [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]CAN'T F*CKIN WAIT!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets will be able to run. The Bengals beat them twice last year ran the ball pretty well. You cant expect huge chunks of yardage, just enough to put Sanchez in 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 4 situations. If they can do that, not turn it over, I think the Jets win

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    kill,kill,kill

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="7"][B]Just ****ing win.

Go Jets!!!!!!!!![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3729755]
    Unfortunately I think we lose because of how the offense will play. We can't run against them although we'll try. [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why so many people feel the Jets won't be able to run on the Ravens. Yes, the Ravens may have led the league in run defense last season, but the Jets also ranked #1 in rushing yards, and ranked top 5 in both average yards per rushing attempt as well as rushing TD's.

The Jets of last year, also set a franchise-single-season record for most rushing yards, with an average of 172 rushing yards per game.

With Nick Mangold and either T-Rich or the Terminator leading the way for Shonn Greene and L.T, I look for the Jets to dominate the Ravens with the run. D'Brickashaw Ferguson has improved in more ways than one in terms of run blocking since coming into the league, Ngata may have his way with Slauson when D'Brick is pass protecting up against Suggs, but Ngata will not have his way against Ferguson - this man is a wall.

We all know Ngata is one hell of a run stuffer, but lets not forget that Terrell Suggs may be a strong pass rusher, but he's never been a great run stuffer. As for Ray Lewis, he's 35 years old and not as fast as he once was. He's still great, but any hesitation from Ray Lewis could end up becoming deadly for the Ravens defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leaving for the stadium in 10 minutes, DWC I have an extra, wanna join us?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King predicted the Jets to win, so let's hope he is right for once.

Now let's go to eat a goddamn snack!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait to see what kind of game plan Schottenheimer comes up with for tonight's game. Hopefully we start with a heavy dose of Shonn Greene and some screens and dumpoffs to Tomlinson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]LET'S GO EAT A GOD DAMN SNACK![/COLOR][/SIZE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way we lose, sorry Fish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed4TheGreen;3729776]I'm not sure why so many people feel the Jets won't be able to run on the Ravens. Yes, the Ravens may have led the league in run defense last season, but the Jets also ranked #1 in rushing yards, and ranked top 5 in both average yards per rushing attempt as well as rushing TD's.

The Jets of last year, also set a franchise-single-season record for most rushing yards, with an average of 172 rushing yards per game.

With Nick Mangold and either T-Rich or the Terminator leading the way for Shonn Greene and L.T, I look for the Jets to dominate the Ravens with the run. D'Brickashaw Ferguson has improved in more ways than one in terms of run blocking since coming into the league, Ngata may have his way with Slauson when D'Brick is pass protecting up against Suggs, but Ngata will not have his way against Ferguson - this man is a wall.

We all know Ngata is one hell of a run stuffer, but lets not forget that Terrell Suggs may be a strong pass rusher, but he's never been a great run stuffer. As for Ray Lewis, he's 35 years old and not as fast as he once was. He's still great, but any hesitation from Ray Lewis could end up becoming deadly for the Ravens defense.[/QUOTE]

Jets didn't face a running defense like Baltimore's the whole year outside of Cincy, who was allready in free fall mode when we played them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buzz, where is Ham? Isn't he the "official" game thread starter?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;3729794]Buzz, where is Ham? Isn't he the "official" game thread starter?[/QUOTE]

What a momma's boy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's just me but the Ravens and Jets pics aren't coming through, see question marks.

But anyway!

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/nxtbardi/playlikeajet3.jpg[/IMG]