Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenkins Injury Info?

Jenkins Injury Info?

For those of us at the game, has there been any update on Jenkins?

(Mods, please don't merge - no way I'll find the answer in the game thread)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nothing yet, Doggin

All League
    out for the game thats all the jets have released

but i think he is done for the year, just look at his face when he came off....or the play, i cant see him not tearing something

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3730714]out for the game thats all the jets have released

but i think he is done for the year, just look at his face when he came off....or the play, i cant see him not tearing something[/QUOTE]

i hate to say it, but who didn't see this coming? lets hope for the best...but i personally fear the worst.

The best part of his season was Hard Knocks.

I fear the worst as well. He just looked dejected coming off the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Just got home and was listening on 1050ESPN to Bob Wischusen & Marty Lyons, they think it's the same knee as last season, and not sure of the severity of the injury. Should know more when they get back from the locker room and half time break.

:(

All League
    Any update on Jenkins severity yet?

it only took 1 drive for him to get injuried this year..he is finished.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jagr68;3731647]it only took 1 drive for him to get injuried this year..he is finished.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think you may be right. The only good thing is that the Jets have succeeded with him out before and Rex seems to be a fvcking magician on defense.

Jesus, him and Bob Sanders should team up...

...love Jenkins...but his body is just not able to handle the NFL anymore...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=AJAX40;3731687]Jesus, him and Bob Sanders should team up...[/QUOTE]

And Polamalu. Great players that can't seem to stay healthy. Jenkins has been hurt three years in a row!

Jets Insider VIP
    [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/1688/first-impressions-of-jets-ravens[/url]

[QUOTE]There was no immediate diagnosis on NT Kris Jenkins' knee injury, but he left the game in the first quarter and didn't return. Gut feeling here, but this looks serious. This would be a serious blow to the defense, but as we saw last season, the Jets can thrive without Jenkins. He missed the last 10 games in 2009, but the Jets still finished No. 1 in overall defense. For Jenkins personally, if this is a significant injury that requires surgery, it could prompt him to consider retirement. He admitted he had fleeting thoughts of retirement after the last knee surgery. You have to wonder if this would put him over the edge. [/QUOTE]

All League
    The replay of it looked downright nasty. He tore the ACL and/or MCL for sure.

I certainly hope he's not done for the season, but judging by the replay... it does not look good at all.

Veteran
    I am agitated by any suggestion that he is not tough enough fot the NFL. If you look at the replay, I am sure you'll agree that any person subjected to that impact would be in trouble. It looked horrendously painful.

Honestly...WHO CARES....

The DEfense was GREAT without him last year..and tonight...The Only problems with the jets is OC and QB..

All League
    [QUOTE=bman;3731824]Honestly...WHO CARES....

The DEfense was GREAT without him last year..and tonight...The Only problems with the jets is OC and QB..[/QUOTE]

Our defense is real good, especially our run defense. and I agree with you about our offense....but I CARE....Jenkins is a great asset and it would just be nice to have him on the field for an entire season. At this point, that seems impossible.

No problem. Tannenbaum will draft Jenkins' successor any year now.

Hopefully its just a knee sprain and he's out a month:rolleyes: