Thread: We're an 8-8 team

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We're an 8-8 team

The Ravens are good, no doubt.

But looking at our schedule, I have a hard time imagining us winning more than half our games.

Our offense cannot score, and our defense does not look dominant enough to make up for it. We'll pad our defensive stats by mopping the floor with the Bills, Browns, etc. but in no way is this a Super Bowl team.

We dropped the ball starting Sanchez from day one. We could contend with an NFL caliber QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be a fool. It's not as bad as it seems. The coaches have caused this debacle. Rex is just blitz happy and it's obvious it isn't working. Schotty handcuffed Sanchez and just wouldn't let him take any shots downfield. Shonn Greene I'll admit has played like **** but it isn't all the players faults. The coaches are MOSTLY responsible for this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3731562]Don't be a fool. It's not as bad as it seems. The coaches have caused this debacle. Rex is just blitz happy and it's obvious it isn't working. Schotty handcuffed Sanchez and just wouldn't let him take any shots downfield. Shonn Greene I'll admit has played like **** but it isn't all the players faults. The coaches are MOSTLY responsible for this.[/QUOTE]

I think blaming Schotty is naive.

It's clear Sanchez is scared ****less of throwing an INT.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Relax. It's one game. The Ravens D is very good. This isn't Schotty's fault, this is an undisciplined team led by an unproven guy in Sanchez, who isn't getting it done.

Next week is a new week. As a Patsfan, I can tell you I'm scared CRAPLESS of that defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm not going to deny it. It definitely looks like a Chad Pennington special. But the guy was sitting on ice for just about the entire game. I think he lost it as a result. What about Schotty calling some roll outs to take advantage of Sanchez throwing on the run? That's always been one of Sanchez's strengths, instead he completely took that out of the gameplan. What about Schotty just telling the kid to take a shot downfield and give him a play? Why didn't they get LT more involved?

These are all things the COACHES will have to answer to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3731562]Don't be a fool. It's not as bad as it seems. The coaches have caused this debacle. Rex is just blitz happy and it's obvious it isn't working. Schotty handcuffed Sanchez and just wouldn't let him take any shots downfield. Shonn Greene I'll admit has played like **** but it isn't all the players faults. The coaches are MOSTLY responsible for this.[/QUOTE]

Why blame SCHOTTY? REX is the head coach. heis the responsible guy. He likes the ground and pound game. SCHOYY does as he is told. SANCHEZ looked like a high schooler out there tonight! CLEMENS never looked this bad even behind a terrible Ol and with no receivers. BRUNELL should have come in to relieve the kid. He is in over his head!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3731587]I think blaming Schotty is naive.

It's clear Sanchez is scared ****less of throwing an INT.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Sanchez looks like a scared deer out there. CLEMENS never looked as bad as Sanchez did tonight! Whta an embarassment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3731627]I agree. Sanchez looks like a scared deer out there. CLEMENS never looked as bad as Sanchez did tonight! Whta an embarassment.[/QUOTE]

It's not just that.

What I mean is it's clearly in his head not to turn it over. He's afraid to make a throw because he's gotten crapped on too hard in the past for throwing picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3731608]Relax. It's one game. The Ravens D is very good. This isn't Schotty's fault, this is an undisciplined team led by an unproven guy in Sanchez, who isn't getting it done.

Next week is a new week. As a Patsfan, I can tell you I'm scared CRAPLESS of that defense.[/QUOTE]

I really, really hate to quote a troll but c'mon people....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are being way too hard on the defense.

This defense is that good. Baltimore had the ball nearly the entire game because of penalties (a couple of which were complete garbage) and these opposing teams don't have a receiver like Mason that is going to give Cromartie that much trouble. NOt only that, but Flacco was making a lot of great throws during that period. Some of those throws to Heap were amazing.

Was a very flukey thing on 3rd down tonight. No reason to think that will continue as far as our defense goes. Last year proved that.

Only teams I just don't see us beating are the teams who can score points. Brady will absolutely find a way to score points against us. We can't beat them because of it.

We'll go 0-2 but we'll still find a way to 9-7 or 10-6 because the defense is that good. Also because the special teams seems improved over last year.