Thread: Say what you want about Mangini...

Veteran

Say what you want about Mangini...

But when did a Mangini coached Jets team give up 14 penalties for 125 yards? I'm not calling for Rex's head, i'm just saying this team is very undisciplined..

Waterboy
    +1

Veteran
    He also wouldn't keep throwing blitzes on third down that the Ravens kept proving they were picking up.

And were we making the AFC championship game last season under Mangini?

Come on...

I even like Mangini, but let's be honest, even Herm led a team that didn't get penalized.

correct because he wouldnt blitz to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    And were we making the AFC championship game last season under Mangini?

Come on...

I even like Mangini, but let's be honest, even Herm led a team that didn't get penalized.
    its easy not to get penalized when you constantly drop into soft zones

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    correct because he wouldnt blitz to begin with
    Yup. But there is a happy medium. I will be the first to admit I am not an NFL coach, but I question the decision to keep doing something that keeps burning you every time you do it.

All Pro
    Mangini's disciplined Browns got spanked by the pathetic Bucs.

Mangini's disiplined Jet defense was mediocre at best

Mangini's disiplined Jets quit on him with 4 weeks to go in 08'

Mangini is getting fired at the end of the year if he makes it that long.

dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by genom View Post
    But when did a Mangini coached Jets team give up 14 penalties for 125 yards? I'm not calling for Rex's head, i'm just saying this team is very undisciplined..
    Say what you want about Mangini ...

But when did a Mangini coached Jets team ever have the No. 1 defense?

Who gives a **** that the team is undisciplined if the offense can't score more than 9 points when in the opponents end of the field all game?

Seriously. Mangini can't wipe Rex's ass as a coach. Mangini does nothing good and he's more than 10 games under .500 as a HC.

Banned
    A couple of the penalties were bullsh_t. One of the holding calls on I believe it was Cromartie was horsesh*t and the penalty we got on the fg kick was as p*ssified as it gets and killed us. Meanwhile the Ravens got away with unnecessary roughness on on of their punts.

And how did Mangenius's team look playing against arguably the worst team in the NFL?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Say what you want about Mangini ...

But when did a Mangini coached Jets team ever have the No. 1 defense?

Who gives a **** that the team is undisciplined if the offense can't score more than 9 points when in the opponents end of the field all game?

Seriously. Mangini can't wipe Rex's ass as a coach. Mangini does nothing good and he's more than 10 games under .500 as a HC.
    Not to mention we were always one of the least penalized teams in the league when Herm was the HC. Nobody's missing his barbecue.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    Mangini's disciplined Browns got spanked by the pathetic Bucs.

Mangini's disiplined Jet defense was mediocre at best

Mangini's disiplined Jets quit on him with 4 weeks to go in 08'

Mangini is getting fired at the end of the year if he makes it that long.

dump.
    Losing by 3 is spanked?

Debatable.

Don't know.

We'll see; something tells me you're wrong though.

All Pro
    When did Mangini hold a team to 10 points!!! ONE GOAT..OFFENSE..

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    A couple of the penalties were bullsh_t. One of the holding calls on I believe it was Cromartie was horsesh*t and the penalty we got on the fg kick was as p*ssified as it gets and killed us. Meanwhile the Ravens got away with unnecessary roughness on on of their punts.

And how did Mangenius's team look playing against arguably the worst team in the NFL?
    There was definitely one on Cromartie that was complete B.S.

And the most important one that was called on Kyle Wilson was complete B.S. Too bad he didn't argue. That coverage was EXACTLY the same as the deep ball to Jerricho that wasn't called.

Call on Braylon was stupid too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Losing by 3 is spanked?

Debatable.

Don't know.

We'll see; something tells me you're wrong though.
    losing to the Bucs by any deficit is considered a spanking... losing by 7 or more to them constitutes an annihilation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    losing to the Bucs by any deficit is considered a spanking... losing by 7 or more to them constitutes an annihilation.
    It's week 1 and the Browns' season is arguably already over. They lost what was supposed to be a cupcake for them. The Bucs are an absolute mess and Delhomme was like 9-2 for his career against Tampa.

Nobody is missing Mangina. Maybe we can fire Schittenheimer and send him to Cleveland so he can make Delhomme suck even more than he already does.

Mangini stinks, but there is some truth I think to this team being undisciplined at times. I go back to the scene from Hard Knocks where the DC complains about Bart Scott acting like an idiot and getting a penalty and Rex taking the blame saying he wanted aggression. I think there is a fine line between telling your players to be aggressive and having them play stupid football. Rex even said something similar during this game about how he just cant handle dumb penalties. I think our team got caught trying to be a bully tonight and ended up getting penalized alot.