Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This MAY be the BEST thing to happen to us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

This MAY be the BEST thing to happen to us

I really think this is probably the best thing that could have happened to us, and here is why:

1. This might shut this team up with all this bravado...perhaps now they might shut their mouths and just play football.

2. Perhaps Rex will stop trying to puff up his ego and stop this all-out, all-the-time blitzing when we just simply do not have the personal to pull it off.

3. This might lead to a conversation with Schotty that will put his job on the line. Call a better game or be gone.

Lets have a reality check with the "fire Rex, release Sanchez, fire Schotty, this team sucks." It's only one game in the season. But this team just ate a HUGE piece of humble pie, and it might have been the best thing for them to perhaps change some strategies and game-planning.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kididng me? the defense dominated

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe.

But there are some ominous developments. Shonn Greene's fumbles (he also had a dropped pass that might have have ended up a 1st down once he turned upfield). LT better stay healthy, or we'll be rueing letting the productive Thomas Jones go.

Braylon Edwards continues to be an overrated pinhead. He had 2 awful penalties tonight that really cost the team. I can't wait until Santonio Holmes can play.

The OL's pass protection looked awful. Woody looked like a turnstile at times.

I think Wilson will be okay (at least one of the calls against him was bogus). The D played a heroic game considering how much they were on the field and all the flags being thrown around (most warranted, but a couple were not).
    Last edited by KnoxJetFan; 09-13-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree

The bravado is fine, the Defense stepped up and backed it up.

The problem is the ego on offense. Rex really believes that he can just do
    ground and pound all day long against anybody.

The weakness with the Ravens D is passing and they didn't go after it.

It was horrific playcalling both on rex and schottenheimer.

I actually pin it more on rex. This seems like the playcalling that was done when Rex got involved in the offense after the pats game last year.

The ravens in my mind aren't that good. The Jets really lost it. Think about how good this defense played WITHOUT JENKINS. Hopefully he is there next week.

If this offense steps up this team can still go far.

Its just frustrating to waste a great effort by the D, and have your field goal kicker do his job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the only way you can look at it, to be honest. Right now it looks like Hard Knocks was a bad idea... and didn't lie about how not ready this team is.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen..... I dont post often as you can see but can I remind people its game [SIZE="7"]1[/SIZE] and people are ready to get rid of every one........did any one see us going undefeated???? we just played the best d we will face all year we will be ok lets grow with this team and stop trying to win the superbowl in week one

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3731614]Are you kididng me? the defense dominated[/QUOTE]

Have you checked out their 3rd down stats? Not so hot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rbstern;3731634]Have you checked out their 3rd down stats? Not so hot.[/QUOTE]

10 points. Only time they even got close to the endzone was after a BS roughing the kicker penalty.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=amalio47;3731629]Amen..... I dont post often as you can see but can I remind people its game [SIZE="7"]1[/SIZE] and people are ready to get rid of every one........did any one see us going undefeated???? we just played the best d we will face all year we will be ok lets grow with this team and stop trying to win the superbowl in week one[/QUOTE]

+1, people are rightfully pissed off about the offense and the play calling, but what needs to be realized is that the ravens are goood its no wonder so many people are picking them to go to the super bowl. the d played well, but i am very nervous for next week when a better passing offense comes in and continues to attack cro and wilson, hopefully they straighten out the penalty issues. gross performance on offense, and if i had to pick one thing that went over my head is the lack of shonn greene after the second fumble. i understand rex wants to send a message that fumbles wont be tolerated, but when your down and the offense isnt doing anything, you cant have your starting bruising running back sitting on the sidelines, and if thats what rex was gonna do then shotty should have called more pass plays and not just had lt run right into the line or sanchez throw swing passes in the backfield.

rant over.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chrebetCT1192;3731653]+1, people are rightfully pissed off about the offense and the play calling, but what needs to be realized is that the ravens are goood its no wonder so many people are picking them to go to the super bowl. the d played well, but i am very nervous for next week when a better passing offense comes in and continues to attack cro and wilson, hopefully they straighten out the penalty issues. gross performance on offense, and if i had to pick one thing that went over my head is the lack of shonn greene after the second fumble. i understand rex wants to send a message that fumbles wont be tolerated, but when your down and the offense isnt doing anything, you cant have your starting bruising running back sitting on the sidelines, and if thats what rex was gonna do then shotty should have called more pass plays and not just had lt run right into the line or sanchez throw swing passes in the backfield.

rant over.[/QUOTE]

If you are who I think you are, you need to clean your room and stop pissing all over the toilet seat. If you are not, I apologize.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at it like this... maybe we just saw the vanilla offense and we will see the Rocky Road super fudge chunk next week vs the pats?? ya know kinds of like when Rocky switched to a right handed fighter the second time he fought apollo creed and then switched to lefty at the end?? LOL not likely but any given sunday right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we beat the Pats next week it will be the best thing for us...if not then we probably wont find out how good it was for us for weeks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think Rex blitzes too much...
    The offense needs to go to work today and get on the same page

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3731641]10 points. Only time they even got close to the endzone was after a BS roughing the kicker penalty.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. They did get close two other times - the Jets got turnovers in the redzone to get the ball back.

The Jet defense was NOT great - couldn't get off the field and allowed way too many third and longs.

Solid play but not great -I believe If Baltimore felt they needed to score more points they could have...They played low risk football almost the entire second half knowing the Jets offense was horrible

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;3731606]I really think this is probably the best thing that could have happened to us, and here is why:

1. This might shut this team up with all this bravado...perhaps now they might shut their mouths and just play football.

2. Perhaps Rex will stop trying to puff up his ego and stop this all-out, all-the-time blitzing when we just simply do not have the personal to pull it off.

3. This might lead to a conversation with Schotty that will put his job on the line. Call a better game or be gone.

Lets have a reality check with the "fire Rex, release Sanchez, fire Schotty, this team sucks." It's only one game in the season. But this team just ate a HUGE piece of humble pie, and it might have been the best thing for them to perhaps change some strategies and game-planning.[/QUOTE]

If we lost Jenkins then this post is false. I cannot believe he went down week one!:(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;3731606]I really think this is probably the best thing that could have happened to us, and here is why:

Lets have a reality check with the "fire Rex, release Sanchez, fire Schotty, this team sucks." It's only one game in the season. But this team just ate a HUGE piece of humble pie, and it might have been the best thing for them to perhaps change some strategies and game-planning.[/QUOTE]

You have a LOT more faith in the Jets coaches than I do right now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the media is jumping off the bandwagon in droves. That can only help, right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chrebetCT1192;3731653]+1, people are rightfully pissed off about the offense and the play calling, but what needs to be realized is that the ravens are goood its no wonder so many people are picking them to go to the super bowl. the d played well, but i am very nervous for next week when a better passing offense comes in and continues to attack cro and wilson, hopefully they straighten out the penalty issues. gross performance on offense, and if i had to pick one thing that went over my head is the lack of shonn greene after the second fumble. i understand rex wants to send a message that fumbles wont be tolerated, but when your down and the offense isnt doing anything, you cant have your starting bruising running back sitting on the sidelines, and if thats what rex was gonna do then shotty should have called more pass plays and not just had lt run right into the line or sanchez throw swing passes in the backfield.

rant over.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Tannenbaumasaurus-Rex;3731924]If you are who I think you are, you need to clean your room and stop pissing all over the toilet seat. If you are not, I apologize.[/QUOTE]

This is a waaaaaaaaaay more interesting story angle than that awful display last night.

Roomates?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;3732286]That's not true. They did get close two other times - the Jets got turnovers in the redzone to get the ball back.

The Jet defense was NOT great - couldn't get off the field and allowed way too many third and longs.

Solid play but not great -I believe If Baltimore felt they needed to score more points they could have...They played low risk football almost the entire second half knowing the Jets offense was horrible[/QUOTE]

A+. A very disturbing and disappointing start to the season. They were completely inept on offense. No excuse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3731614]Are you kididng me? the defense dominated[/QUOTE]
    Except on 3rd down, when they continually blitzed a ton and got beat for it.

Rex said in his press conference he plans to be the same...