Thread: Is Next Week's Patriots Game Now a Must Win?

All League

Is Next Week's Patriots Game Now a Must Win?

Can the Jets afford to start that season 0-2, especially with both of those losses coming at home?

If this team loses to New England,this becomes another another genius mess,and the scary part is the phis played as goood if not better defense as the Ravins )0-3 is possible
    Last edited by Dash with a past; 09-13-2010 at 11:04 PM.

All Pro
    Not necessarily.

Losing would be bad, but I'd say we HAVE to be 2-2 at the bye.

I'll assume that we beat the Bills (even though nothing is given with our offense) and say we have to win one of the next two.

Jets Insider VIP
    If they can manage to beat the Pats next week, I think they'll get to 4-1. If they lose to the Pats, the next two games (both divisonal) then become must-wins.

The Patriots game will be very telling as to how this season will go in the early stretch.

All League
    31-3 Pats

Given our QB's play tonight, how in the world can we expect to win? This has gone from pre-season super bowl contenders to, can we have a winning season? From tonight's performance, yes, we do suck THAT bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    If we come out with the same slap dick performance on offense as tonight, we're going to get embarrassed against the Pats.

Banned
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;3731622]Can the Jets afford to start that season 0-2, especially with both of those losses coming at home?[/QUOTE]

Technically it is not a must-win but just watch what happens to this website after this team starts out 0-2. Jets fans will be in Chernobyl-mode.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3731904]Technically it is not a must-win but just watch what happens to this website after this team starts out 0-2. Jets fans will be in Chernobyl-mode.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I can see that happening.

If we don't beat the Pats we will be fighting for the wildcard no way we go down 0-2 to this beast of a football team and still win the division! MUST WIN GAME! But I don't like our chances

Yes must win and it's not even debatable.

No, it's not a must-win game. Plenty of teams, including all three pats SB teams, started 0-2.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;3731622]Can the Jets afford to start that season 0-2, especially with both of those losses coming at home?[/QUOTE]

It always was. The Ravens game was a must win also. How many times was this discussed during the offseason? To be the best, you must be the best during the regular season. The first 5 games is the hardest part of our schedule. The Jets must come out hitting on all cylinders.

Those are different things mentioned over and over again here. And it's obvious the Jets players and coaches DO NOT read this site.

Rookie
    There are NO must win games in September. ZERO.

That said, Getting this one would sure take the sting out of the abomination I just saw.

Maybe the Pats will rest their starters for us.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3731904]Technically it is not a must-win [/QUOTE]

Agreed, 14-2 still wins the division, imho.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;3732300]There are NO must win games in September. ZERO.

That said, Getting this one would sure take the sting out of the abomination I just saw.[/QUOTE]

Every win is a must win, Yeah, by the O.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=32green;3732306]Agreed, 14-2 still wins the division, imho.

_[/QUOTE]

Get er done.

Thankee.