Thread: Is this a win with Thomas Jones and Fanaca?

Is this a win with Thomas Jones and Fanaca?

I say yes, The Bust looks like he did before Faneca,and Jones would have gained the difference in the slug fest. LT might show flashes,but TJ smashes,consistent yards.

Rookie
    I don't think so, people forget that Faneca wasn't pass blocking all that well at the end of last season. I would bet that Faneca would have been beat ngata a couple of times, and when we ran to Slausons side we usually gained yards.

As far as running the ball we didn't run it (have the ball) enough to tell LT had more yards than anyone, smith, hell I think sanchez had as much as Green. The big issue is Shotty and/or Sanchez played scared all game.

Not sure but it sure was one of those games were Leon Washington used to break a big screen or run for a TD

All League
    No. We win with a competent offensive coordinator and a QB who knows there are WRs he can throw to down the field.

i dont know if Faneca blocks Ngata every time but Slauson sure as s--t didn't. He got run the what over. Vlad wasn't even active. Great 2nd round pick.

i dont know what they were thinking at LG but it's safe to say their plan hasn't played out.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3731689]No. We win with a competent offensive coordinator and a QB who knows there are WRs he can throw to down the field.[/QUOTE]

+1

TJ's replacement averaged almost 6 yards per carry tonight. He was the only guy on our offense who showed up.

Ngata raped Slauson but do you really think Faneca would have done better? Have you watched his pass blocking the two seasons he was here?

LT is far better than Thomas Jones. I think that much is clear.

Slauson did a very good job with the exception of the one play.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love Jet fans.

Veteran
    No, but it sure is for Kerry Rhodes.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3731709]LT is far better than Thomas Jones. I think that much is clear.

Slauson did a very good job with the exception of the one play.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree. LT is such a breath of fresh air, I don't see how anybody would try to argue otherwise. Slauson did another great job in the run game. He was moving everybody off the line including ngata. He pulled and put Ray Lewis on the turf. Ngata abused him once in pass pro which is a bit disturbing because of how easily he tossed him. The good thing is I think Slauson is mobile enough and is defnitely strong enough. He needs to keep improving on his technique and try to gain more consistency. He seems to overextend at times and gets off balance. There is plenty of work to be done by everybody on offense and not one or even two people.

Jets Insider VIP
    "I'll take over-the-hill players for 400, Alex"

This is a win only if Thomas Jones or Alan Faneca were calling plays instead of Schotty.

I bet we would have won with Kellen playing.

[QUOTE=GoBigGreen;3731743]No, but it sure is for Kerry Rhodes.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why we got rid of him watching some of his plays yesterday..

All Pro
    I don't know that we score more if you let Faneca and Jones play in addition to the other 11 guys out there. With Schotty, 13 on 11 might not be enough,