Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deep breath....isn't that better?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

deep breath....isn't that better?

Defense looked great...missing 3 starters btw...held one of the top teams in the league to 10 points...yea the offense sputtered but I think that will work itself out. 15 games to go people. I like our chances!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1... Look, Dallas, Indy, Cincy.... all playoff teams, plus the Chargers if the score holds, lost first games. Penalties on defense are fixable. Offenses, except NE, looked bad yesterday.... Dallas was awful.

Now if the play calling is as conservative next week... then we are f*cked.

Good wake up call. Hard Knocks and the frat party is OVER. Time to man up and play some disciplined football

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guitarjet;3731774]+1... Look, Dallas, Indy, Cincy.... all playoff teams, plus the Chargers if the score holds, lost first games. Penalties on defense are fixable. Offenses, except NE, looked bad yesterday.... Dallas was awful.

Now if the play calling is as conservative next week... then we are f*cked.

Good wake up call. Hard Knocks and the frat party is OVER. Time to man up and play some disciplined football[/QUOTE]

hell ya G-Jet! I half way expected a blow out by the Ravens cuz of all the hype put on the Jets this offseason. I have all the confidence in the world in Rexy to fix this...Damn! the defense is nasty!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual, the chicken little SOJF are out in full force.

Plenty to be upset about, for sure.

But to be honest, I'm not that upset, it's wierd, we had chance to win the game.

I expected a bloodfest, it was that and then some.

Ravens were playing out of their minds.

Ok, Jets got a little bit of wake up call, but I am not that down. Offense struggled, but damn, we need to give the Ravens D some credit, we definitely had a conservative game plan, penalties KILLED us, AND the Greene fumble was BRUTAL, that was the turning point of the game, off of a big INT from Cromartie, down on their 30 yd line with a chance to go up 13-0, people will forget that, but the fumble killed us.

Cromartie definitely had a couple of calls that he deserved, and he needs to clean up some stuff, but the officiating was HORRENDOUS.

People killing the offense, I guess we deserve it, but we had three different drives where penalties killed us, half of which were BS, and then the big fumble by Greene.

Look, the Ravens are probably the best D we will face all year.

I got news for you, the Jets are going to run, run, and run some more against New England, and we will be way more successful against them.

We were patient tonight, if Greene doesn't fumble, I think the Jets win this game handily, no lie, that is how big that fumble was.

Have to be happy with the D

Happy with Folk

Happy with the physical play by Cromartie and J Taylor

We get Pool back next week, maybe Pace, if not one more week.

And we are missing our best player on OFFENSE.

We need to come away 2-2 after the first four weeks, that is the goal.

Let's get it next week.

I am at least somewhat hopeful that Rex and it seems players in the locker room seem hopeful that Jenkins' injury isn't long term, crossing fingers.

Stay positive, this was a battle, very good Raven team, we'll clean it up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm ok with this loss. I firmly believe Sanchez is better than his performance tonight. He has to work a little harder on seeing the open receiver beyond 10 yards, before checking down.

The defense was awesome tonight without Jenkins. Something I'm very encouraged by...I'm cool with this loss really.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree this was a tough matchup for us. The ravens have one of the best run defenses in the league. Did you really think we would throw much with 3 wide receivers on the roster. It's not time to panic yet. There are a lot positives from this game like Sanchez sliding and not getting his head ripped off by Ray Lewis and he didn't turn the ball over. Defense was pretty good today minus the penalties and they will get even better once Wilson gets more experience and revis gets back in game shape. The next three games are the real important ones.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3731816]As usual, the chicken little SOJF are out in full force.

But to be honest, I'm not that upset, it's wierd, we had chance to win the game.

Ok, Jets got a little bit of wake up call, but I am not that down. Offense struggled, but damn, we need to give the Ravens D some credit, we definitely had a conservative game plan, penalties KILLED us, AND the Greene fumble was BRUTAL, that was the turning point of the game, off of a big INT from Cromartie, down on their 30 yd line with a chance to go up 13-0, people will forget that, but the fumble killed us.

Cromartie definitely had a couple of calls that he deserved, and he needs to clean up some stuff, but the officiating was HORRENDOUS.

People killing the offense, I guess we deserve it, but we had three different drives where penalties killed us, half of which were BS, and then the big fumble by Greene.

I got news for you, the Jets are going to run, run, and run some more against New England, and we will be way more successful against them.

We were patient tonight, if Greene doesn't fumble, I think the Jets win this game handily, no lie, that is how big that fumble was.

Happy with Folk

Let's get it next week.

I am at least somewhat hopeful that Rex and it seems players in the locker room seem hopeful that Jenkins' injury isn't long term, crossing fingers.

Stay positive, this was a battle, very good Raven team, we'll clean it up.[/QUOTE]

Damn tight post RAY RAY!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez played with a short pocket clock all night, didn't allow some plays to develop, didn't trust his pass protection, and they need to find out if he should have been a little more patient when watching the film this week.

It was obvious, Sanchez had it in his mind to get rid of the ball quickly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3731760]Defense looked great...missing 3 starters btw...held one of the top teams in the league to 10 points...yea the offense sputtered but I think that will work itself out. 15 games to go people. I like our chances![/QUOTE]

On the positive side I agree that we will be a formidable team if we get that Offense on track. That is going to be a very good offense in Baltimore with those weapons and we did a pretty good job on Defense considering how long they were out there and Jenkins getting hurt early on. Sure they gave up some passes, who's secondary doesnt? All of them, otherwise QB's wouldnt be throwing for 3,000+ yards a season.

The offensive line played well vs one of the best DLines in the entire league.
    Greene fumbling early hurt Schotty's confidence and he sat him the entire 3rd quarter. The game wasnt fun because our O was terrible. But all and all vs the mighty Ravens, we had two possessions to at least get in FG territory.
    Our Offense didnt walk the walk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3731856]Sanchez played with a short pocket clock all night, didn't allow some plays to develop, didn't trust his pass protection, and they need to find out if he should have been a little more patient when watching the film this week.

It was obvious, Sanchez had it in his mind to get rid of the ball quickly.[/QUOTE]

And do you blame him???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta agree with you. Take a step away from the ledge, Jets fans. There's still a lot of football left to play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3731787]hell ya G-Jet! I half way expected a blow out by the Ravens cuz of all the hype put on the Jets this offseason. I have all the confidence in the world in Rexy to fix this...Damn! the defense is nasty!!![/QUOTE]

Yes. Ray Rice was the definition of a NON-FACTOR.
    Great run defense, cant wait to watch that on DVR atleast.

SCOTT AND HARRIS.....THOMAS.....were BEASTS!!

and I saw Gholston DEMAND double teams EVERYTIME he was coming off the line. He learns to control his muscles, he will be blasting people unconscious.

It hurt to see Keller get blasted by Lewis like that. All game we dont run a pass across the middle. Keller you are a grown man.

I have to say this.....i saw T-Rich play soft. I did. I will be looking for that in my re-watch to make sure i was seeing what i was seeing.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The offense was absolutely horrid in all aspects (Could write a book on everything poorly the offense did today)

Dumb penalties by Edwards (illegal shift, running into kicker) cost the Jets points

Greene had a very costly fumble

Wilson and Cromartie did not have good games

Revis obviously wasn't 100% or else he would have been on Boldin and that cost the Jets. Also, no Jenkins or Pace

The team was undisciplined

Yet despite all of these negatives the Jets only lost by one point to one of the best teams in the league. Obviously a tough loss but the Jets should be fine. I could see them losing to the Pats next week and whether the Jets can become an elite team or beat elite teams in the NFL remains to be seen. But I'd be very surprised if this team isn't at least in the playoff hunt at the end of the year, the defense is too good.

Run defense was phenomenal, pass defense was shaky but once Revis gets to 100% and starts covering the other teams number 1 the whole game that will be a huge help. Furthermore there aren't too many teams that have more talent on offense than the Ravens (unfortunately next week's opponent is one of those teams)

No reason to panic, even if they lose to the Pats next week. Lose to the Fins as well and start 0-3 then its time to press the panic button.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3731816]As usual, the chicken little SOJF are out in full force.

Happy with Folk

Let's get it next week.

Stay positive, this was a battle, very good Raven team, we'll clean it up.[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right to me. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Offense sputtered? Struggled?

Give me a f*cking break !! The Offense blew, was horrendous, was the WORST offense this week.

How about we keep it real and stop blowing sunshine up each other's asses.

I agree the gloom and doom posts are over the top, but if you can't see we have a SERIOUS problem on offense, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AceBoy;3731827]I'm ok with this loss. I firmly believe Sanchez is better than his performance tonight. He has to work a little harder on seeing the open receiver beyond 10 yards, before checking down.

[/QUOTE]

What makes you firmly believe this? Because he looked clueless tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3732051]Offense sputtered? Struggled?

Give me a f*cking break !! The Offense blew, was horrendous, was the WORST offense this week.

How about we keep it real and stop blowing sunshine up each other's asses.

I agree the gloom and doom posts are over the top, but if you can't see we have a SERIOUS problem on offense, then I don't know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

The Patriot offense was also horrendous against the same Ravens team AT home last year.

The Jets were a very good offensive team at the end of the year last year.

We don't have a serious problem, the offense struggled against a very good team and was victimized by a crucial fumble and penalties.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3732066]What makes you firmly believe this? Because he looked clueless tonight.[/QUOTE]

So the playoffs didn't happen last year? He didn't look good?

Do you have tunnel-vision?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3732068]The Patriot offense was also horrendous against the same Ravens team AT home last year.

The Jets were a very good offensive team at the end of the year last year.

We don't have a serious problem, the offense struggled against a very good team and was victimized by a crucial fumble and penalties.[/QUOTE]

Are you really talking about last year? Last year is over. :rolleyes:

You must've also been one of the "it's only preseason and we're running a vanilla offense" guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3732079]So the playoffs didn't happen last year? He didn't look good?

Do you have tunnel-vision?[/QUOTE]

No, but Sanchez did. At this point the playoffs were an aberration.