Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If PSLs are sold out, please explain this

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If PSLs are sold out, please explain this

Approximately 60 Navy midshipmen sitting in Section 142, all holding tickets for section 346. This of course means that there were not only 60 tickets available to the Navy in section 346, but there were also about 100 seats empty in 142. The Navy contingent took up nearly three entire rows, and half of the row I sit in was empty.

Is there a reasonable explanation for this, other than the Jets are full of crappola?

[URL=http://img820.imageshack.us/i/navy.jpg/][IMG]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8049/navy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I give up...what's the reason for this post?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3731769]Ok I give up...what's the reason for this post?[/QUOTE]

To annoy you and get you to take time out of your life to read and respond to a post you don't care about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fredmertz;3731780]To annoy you and get you to take time out of your life to read and respond to a post you don't care about.[/QUOTE]

otherwise, how full did the place look. full? in addition to being forced to miss the game, I got home to watch it. Somehow, i managed to delete the game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty obvious - Jets and the Giants both lie... Can't blame fan for not wanting to pay these prices...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fredmertz;3731780]To annoy you and get you to take time out of your life to read and respond to a post you don't care about.[/QUOTE]
    mission accomplished.
    If there are tickets 'available' i prefer them to go to the men and women defending our country than to brokers or sit unused. Hope they had a great time.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;3731796]otherwise, how full did the place look. full? in addition to being forced to miss the game, I got home to watch it. Somehow, i managed to delete the game.[/QUOTE]

It looked pretty full. Except of course for the handicapped seating area behind sections 142 and 143. The section that prevents people from exiting up. That was completely empty except for a few tables with chairs turned upside down on them. Looked like an out of business restaurant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the lower level and at one point a guy sat next to me and asked if I got my tickets from the Army because that's where he got his. I was like WTF.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been attending Jets games in person since 1978 and they always, [I]always [/I]have a section for the on-field entertainers for every game. Marching bands, Frisbee dog teams, Pop Warner leagues, you name it.

The endzones are where these pregame/halftime performers were placed in Giants Stadium. In a new stadium where endzone seats and their inexpensive PSL's are in relatively high demand -and- the upper deck is a complete sellout, it makes sense to put these people in the cluster of seats you own the most of on a season-by-season basis. In the case of 2010, looks like some of the $10k PSL seats are the slowest sellers and thus the opportunity to locate these people.

End.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3731859]I've been attending Jets games in person since 1978 and they always, [I]always [/I]have a section for the marching bands or other on-field entertainers for every game.

The endzones are where these pregame/halftime performers were placed in Giants Stadium. In a new stadium where endzone seats and their inexpensive PSL's are in relatively high demand -and- the upper deck is a complete sellout, it makes sense to put these people in the cluster of seats you own the most of on a season-by-season basis. In the case of 2010, looks like some of the $10k PSL seats are the slowest sellers and thus the opportunity to locate these people.

End.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Green Day was sitting in a suite in the endzone right near me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3731868]Green Day was sitting in a suite in the endzone right near me.[/QUOTE]

My desire to listen to old men ramble through a 7 year old LP with Broadway dancers was right up there with waiting on line for the waterless urinals.

The Jets would never put famous people in the 'entertainers' section; that's reserved for high school marching bands, synchronized Schnauzer troupes, and military personnel holding 100 yard flags.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3731873]My desire to listen to old men ramble through a 7 year old LP with Broadway dancers was right up there with waiting on line for the waterless urinals.

The Jets would never put famous people in the 'entertainers' section; that's reserved for high school marching bands, synchronized Schnauzer troupes, and military personnel holding 100 yard flags.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Well Green Day is bad. The concert with Slash was so much better until they made him stop due to lightning.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The bigger question is why were there 10,000+ Ravens fans at the home opener in a new stadium.

Horrible stadium. Priced out the real fans. Fewer bathrooms than Shea.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3731991]The bigger question is why were there 10,000+ Ravens fans at the home opener in a new stadium.

Horrible stadium. Priced out the real fans. Fewer bathrooms than Shea.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Monday Night Football. PITA for even the most diehard fan. I myself had to leave work at 3pm today, not an easy feat. Many Club Seats owned by corporations, very difficult to give away seats to clients for a night game on a Monday, so sell 'em to brokers. Most STH's have children to share the experience with, but getting home at 11pm on a school night is an impossibility. Traffic? Nothing better than taking a bridge or tunnel to New Jersey from Manhattan or Long Island on a Monday afternoon in September.

The NFL did no favor to the Jets by making their home opener on a Monday night. Sucks.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3732118]Wrong.

Monday Night Football. PITA for even the most diehard fan. I myself had to leave work at 3pm today, not an easy feat. Many Club Seats owned by corporations, very difficult to give away seats to clients for a night game on a Monday, so sell 'em to brokers. Most STH's have children to share the experience with, but getting home at 11pm on a school night is an impossibility. Traffic? Nothing better than taking a bridge or tunnel to New Jersey from Manhattan or Long Island on a Monday afternoon in September.

The NFL did no favor to the Jets by making their home opener on a Monday night. Sucks.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Keep telling yourself that. But a 7:00 game didn't seem like such a PITA for all the busloads of Ravens fans I saw in the bus lot.
    And BTW - the league isn't doing the Jets any favors because Woody is their personal butt boy.

Count how many Pats fans there are next week.

I was incredibly unimpressed with the stadium. With the exception of the Jumbotrons which showed more commercials than action, there was nothing that improved the game day experience for the average fan.
    Last edited by Piper; 09-14-2010 at 02:04 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fredmertz;3731764]Approximately 60 Navy midshipmen sitting in Section 142, all holding tickets for section 346. This of course means that there were not only 60 tickets available to the Navy in section 346, but there were also about 100 seats empty in 142. The Navy contingent took up nearly three entire rows, and half of the row I sit in was empty.

Is there a reasonable explanation for this, other than the Jets are full of crappola?

[URL=http://img820.imageshack.us/i/navy.jpg/][IMG]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8049/navy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL][/QUOTE]

neither 135 nor 142 was really sold out. Much of 135 was obviously discounted to brokers by the Jets which would explain why half of row 26 was ravens fans and much of the upper rows towards the 10 yard line were wearing purple jerseys. I asked some of the Ravens fans in front of me to my right how they obtained their tickets. Both parties I asked said they bought them from a big ticket broker. This is how the Jets managed to miraculously "sell out". Have no doubt... these seats will be available again for PSL sales after the 2010 season. I shudder to think what these sections would have looked like had they not reduced the price from 15k to 10k.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice gesture by the Jets, they were members of the crew of the USS New York

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3731991]The bigger question is why were there 10,000+ Ravens fans at the home opener in a new stadium.QUOTE]

Easy: LIKE SAR said, MNF is a PITA for people with kids and/or jobs.

To attend the game, I would have had to leave work around 3-3:30pm and probably would not have gotten home before midnight. If traffic was particularly bad, I might not make it home before 2am.

It is now 6:26am and I am about to leave for work. Had I attended the game, I would be a mess.

Result: Our tickets went up on SH. I doubt we will ever attend a MNF game.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 09-14-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3732123]Keep telling yourself that. But a 7:00 game didn't seem like such a PITA for all the busloads of Ravens fans I saw in the bus lot.
    And BTW - the league isn't doing the Jets any favors because Woody is their personal butt boy.

Count how many Pats fans there are next week.

I was incredibly unimpressed with the stadium. With the exception of the Jumbotrons which showed more commercials than action, there was nothing that improved the game day experience for the average fan.[/QUOTE]

MNF is a copout. There are 162 + baseball games played in the NYC area between April and November (now). How many of these games are played at 7pm?

I'm a mets fan, but the last time i checked the Yanks have been drawing pretty decent crowds on weekday evening games, and their product is diluted with over 80 homegames. There's only 8 for the Jets!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3732123]

I was incredibly unimpressed with the stadium. With the exception of the Jumbotrons which showed more commercials than action, there was nothing that improved the game day experience for the average fan.[/QUOTE]

of my 30+ person tailgate crew, not one person was happy with the stadium last night. the emails this morning are full of "fukk the new stadium, it sucks.", "seats are tiny (section 140)", "concessions are disorganized and crowded", "views in the old stadium were better", etc.

literally not one person likes this place more than the old stadium. what a mess. i have 2 in 129 and 2 in upper prime and will most definitely be dropping my upper primes after this year. i kept them when i upgraded to sell to friends, which i've done. the feedback so far is that they won't be buying them again next year. at least not at $125 a pop.