Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keller

Keller

Are we letting Keller off the hook for not picking up the 1st down on the last Jets offensive play of the game?

This brain fart is in-excusable in Pro football IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's the moment I turned the TV off before I could break it. Like one of the announcers on MNF (think it was Jaws) said, that play was the Jets offense in a nutshell.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3731773]That's the moment I turned the TV off before I could break it. Like one of the announcers on MNF (think it was Jaws) said, that play was the Jets offense in a nutshell.[/QUOTE]

Ha, it was the moment I threw the first thing I saw at the TV.

BTW - anyone know where I can get a good remote control?

Jesus Christ, that reminded of me of when the Jets were playing the Broncos on opening day and Blair Thomas stepped out on the 2 yard line instead of scoring. Kills me

Veteran
    To be fair, Keller might actually have been concussed after that shot he took.

That play is the reason I'm going to have to pay for some damages when I move out of my apartment at the end of the school year.

All Pro
    I think if any of us thought there was even the most remote chance we'd win the game there would be more outrage.

Veteran

Greene

Greene is benched for the fumbles. Then you bring him in game with a minute left and expect him to catch a screen which he is horrible at. Nice coaching. You could blame the coaching for not letting Keller be aware of where the first down is. Maybe they should take away the checkdowns vs NE, make Sanchez make a play or suffer a hit...

Did he see a defender who wasn't within five yards of him!

Keller is just a dumb player... He's not a gamer in my mind at all. Nice player, but there was two plays very early in the game where he did extremely poorly. The one run by LT that could have been many more yards, Keller just decided not to block anyone. Then, not long after, Keller dropped a 3rd down play that would have obviously been important.

Jets offense will get so much better when Santonio comes by because the guy is a freaking gamer.

Not a big fan of Keller at all. I know he can run, and I know he has some ability, but he's just another one of those players where bad stuff happens around. Braylon is another one as well. As much as I actually root for Braylon, bad stuff happens around him.

That was about as bad a play as you will ever see a pro make. Its makes you wonder just where the heads are with some of these guys. Its just basic football right there. No reason to not get that 1st down.

the ref was standing about a yard back with the down marker. not that this was excusable. but to dwell on the 2nd to last play of the game is to miss the bigger point: the offense was horrendous. and what's worse, anyone watching preseason shouldn't be surprised.

[QUOTE=Rangenius;3731798]Greene is benched for the fumbles. Then you bring him in game with a minute left and expect him to catch a screen which he is horrible at. Nice coaching. You could blame the coaching for not letting Keller be aware of where the first down is. Maybe they should take away the checkdowns vs NE, make Sanchez make a play or suffer a hit...[/QUOTE]

Lets not forget that LT was just getting hot, he had two decent plays just before this. I can't imagine that LT was actually gased, the whole offense only had like 35 plays, and LT was signed here for plays just like this.

[QUOTE=brady-hair-ghey;3731840]the ref was standing about a yard back with the down marker. not that this was excusable. but to dwell on the 2nd to last play of the game is to miss the bigger point: the offense was horrendous. and what's worse, anyone watching preseason shouldn't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

It's not dwelling on the play, it is simply pointing out how stupid Keller is. He isn't a rookie and you would never see players like Gonzalez, Witten, Cooley, Gates, or just about any other top 10-15 TE make a bonehead play like that. Dropping the ball in that spot is ok, it happens. Not knowing that you need to make sure you reach a certain distance is inexcusable.

I would be tempted to sit him and Greene for next weeks game to teach them a lesson. If this was baseball, both those guys would be benched for a game to two, unfortunately in the NFL you probably can't get away with that.

[IMG]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz343/unleashtherat/butter.png?t=1284439448[/IMG]

Ref is standing about a yard back with the downmarker. I have a hard time faulting him too much with this play.
    Last edited by brady-hair-ghey; 09-14-2010 at 01:21 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cjpeters9;3731765]Are we letting Keller off the hook for not picking up the 1st down on the last Jets offensive play of the game?

This brain fart is in-excusable in Pro football IMO.[/QUOTE]

who cares, the damage was done at that point

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Just another symptom of a team with no discipline or focus. For all of Rex's blathering about how dedicated to winning the SB they are, the truth is that the whole cheeseburger eating incident at the Hofstra practice was typical of this team.

[QUOTE=brady-hair-ghey;3732025][IMG]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz343/unleashtherat/butter.png?t=1284439448[/IMG]

Ref is standing about a yard back with the downmarker. I have a hard time faulting him too much with this play.[/QUOTE]

And he had taken that ridiculous hit by Lewis before this catch.
    Im not going to kill our TE who was used to block more than he was used vs old LB's.

Keller you are a grown man. You got up and raised my respect for you.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=brady-hair-ghey;3732025][IMG]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz343/unleashtherat/butter.png?t=1284439448[/IMG]

Ref is standing about a yard back with the downmarker. I have a hard time faulting him too much with this play.[/QUOTE]

Wow, did not see that until that picture. That's ridiculously terrible, I can't believe they would let that happen.

Edit: never mind. Just watched the replay, the official didn't move to that spot until after caught the ball and saw the first down marker.
    Last edited by bravesQB718; 09-14-2010 at 02:08 AM.

[QUOTE=cjpeters9;3731765]Are we letting Keller off the hook for not picking up the 1st down on the last Jets offensive play of the game?

This brain fart is in-excusable in Pro football IMO.[/QUOTE]

That Wuzzy got his Bell rung after that drop over the middle with Convict Ray!

He could have dove for the marker but NOooooooooooo what a wuzzzzzz!

Hey Rex your guy played like a P**Y!

Enough With mark Sanchez you paid him Big $$$ let him throw it to Brylon F$$
    down field already Shotty you Dick!:yes:

GOD Bless sean elliss for adressing that Ray lewis Duchebag before the the game! I think Hes still needs a Whup @ss!