Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "It's week 1, D looks great, let's not melt down" thread

The "It's week 1, D looks great, let's not melt down" thread

Everyone expects it of Jets fans but can we please not have a meltdown after week 1. I'm just as upset as the next guy but we managed to beat the odds last year and we need to have some faith this year. We lost 10-9 to most peoples superbowl favorites and we would have won the game without some crazy penalites.

Believe or not there is a lot of good to be found in this game if you're willing to look.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm w/ ya Tony...obtw not too many roles after Taxi, huh?

Pats will smoke us

All Pro
    Let's not pat the D on the back too hard... How many times did we get them in 3rd and long and let them convert? There's work to be done all around.

Veteran
    Actually...

It was a good wakeup call.. Hey Rex, and Co. :

HBO is gone, HK is done, the frat party is over.

TIME TO PLAY SOME SERIOUS DISCIPLINED FOOTBALL>

Veteran
    If it makes anyone feel any better.... Charger Offense is playing like **** as well.

[QUOTE=bman;3731777]Pats will smoke us[/QUOTE]

Pats have a week secondary. Our WR will finish game with a combined 3 catches to match tonights game.

I wouldn't go that far, we're not the overrated Bungles

Jenkins is the key here...if it's a sprain we're fine. If something is torn in there we have problems

Poole will return, so will Pace, the D will be solid. Holmes will come back, the offense will improve. This is a rough one...strange strenge game, but this team will still have a solid season.

[QUOTE=Peebag;3731776]I'm w/ ya Tony...obtw not too many roles after Taxi, huh?[/QUOTE]

When you flip over a go cart and bust your ass on rollerblades on live TV they tend to forget your number.

At least I have the Jets right?

:O

[QUOTE=Austin;3731781]Let's not pat the D on the back too hard... How many times did we get them in 3rd and long and let them convert? There's work to be done all around.[/QUOTE]

true, but some of those penalties were horse****. Some legit...but we were definitely getting picked on by the zebras tonight.

We held one of the most dangerous backs in the NFL to literally nothing. We held Baltimore to 10 freaking points!!! with no jenkins (for 98% of the game, no Pace, no Brodney Poole) and this this is a Ravens team with serious offensive talent. 10 points!!!

All League
    Penalties or not... If you can't score, you can't win ANY game. If Schotty keeps calling games like he did tonight and this preseason, we can flush our Superbowl dreams down the toilet.

Not to mention our D is not going to hold up when they are on the field 3/4 of the game. Pretty soon our D will melt down as well and players will get injured because our offense can't control the clock to give em a brake.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3731803]When you flip over a go cart and bust your ass on rollerblades on live TV they tend to forget your number.

At least I have the Jets right?

:O[/QUOTE]

DAMN RIGHT!!!!
    J
    E
    T
    S
    JETS
    JETS
    JETS!!!!

[QUOTE=Tony Danza;3731768]
    Believe or not there is a lot of good to be found in this game if you're willing to look.[/QUOTE]

I fast forwarded thru my DVR of this game and in the middle of the 3rd Quarter I did find something. I saw a 6 foot high pile of sh/t on the Jets sideline.

it weighed approximately 180 lbs and was wearing a baseball cap with the initials B.S. on it. (I believe these initials had a double meaning)

Banned

Jets will be 0-2 after next Sunday. Welker is going to take a giant dump on this secondary.

The stupid piece of fat crap Francesa will be throwing a party on WFAG.

I looked around the net and everyone's laughing at us after 1 game...foolish!

I think Sanchez will redeem himself on Sunday and the D is damn good. We'll be alright.

Special Teams played great. :O

All kidding aside though, I do agree. Took me a little bit to cool down, but I'm starting to outline the positives.

Banned
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3731820]Penalties or not... If you can't score, you can't win ANY game. If Schotty keeps calling games like he did tonight and this preseason, we can flush our Superbowl dreams down the toilet.

Not to mention our D is not going to hold up when they are on the field 3/4 of the game. Pretty soon our D will melt down as well and players will get injured because our offense can't control the clock to give em a brake.[/QUOTE]

Our D is as good as advertised. I'm concerned about Cro - after tonight I lost all faith in him. Wilson doesn't look ready yet either.

I'm scared by how bad our offense looks. Can we fire Snots already?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3731768]Everyone expects it of Jets fans but can we please not have a meltdown after week 1. I'm just as upset as the next guy but we managed to beat the odds last year and we need to have some faith this year. We lost 10-9 to most peoples superbowl favorites and we would have won the game without some crazy penalites.

Believe or not there is a lot of good to be found in this game if you're willing to look.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Frustrating game but definitely not the end of the world.

~Defense, as a unit, was outstanding overall despite being on the field for about what....59 minutes or so? They overcame the loss of Jenks, penalties, an exhausting difference in TOP, and a harsh rookie lesson to allow a lousy 10points.
    ~Special Teams were very good.
    ~ Sanchez was overly cautious tonight. Not necessarily a bad thing in a game like that IMO. Another learning experience that it is OK to take some chances once in a while. He did make a few good throws but go zero help from his receivers. Cotch dropped his first ball in forever. Edwards' illegal shift negated a brilliant throw to Keller. Keller failed to reach out a foot for a first down. I am tempted to make some Schotty comments but the board will be littered with them all week.
    ~That might be the best defense we will play all year.
    ~ This game was a coin flip as far as I was concerned. Everything will be OK if they find a way to beat New England, a more important divisional game.

The sky is not falling yet fellas. This is just a bump in a long, long road.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 09-14-2010 at 01:34 AM.

About an hour ago I almost threw my remote control through my television and was thinking the same things that many have already posted (Sanchez sucks, Shotty sucks, DEATH to cromartie, etc.) Though this loss evokes an eerily similar feeling to that of the loss to the Colts last January, itís only September fellas.

We all need to take a deep breath and try to look at the positives...As a whole our D looked great against a Super Bowl caliber team. I thought Jason Taylor and Bryan Thomas played especially well. Our offense looked turrible, but on the bright-side that will likely be the toughest defense we will see all season. If we committed half the penalties we did tonight we would probably be 1-0.

I'm worried about how Wilson and Cromartie will play against Brady, Moss and Welker next week - and I think Sanchez needs to grow a set and keep his composure in the pocket MUCH better than he did tonight - but I think we'll be alright in the long-run, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3731861]Our D is as good as advertised. I'm concerned about Cro - after tonight I lost all faith in him. Wilson doesn't look ready yet either.

I'm scared by how bad our offense looks. Can we fire Snots already?[/QUOTE]

Those were some pretty good WR's that those guys were covering....and they were out on an Island....tho it's not as pretty as that Revis one...