Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If The O Coordinator Is Afraid of His QB, Get Rid Of Him (merged Schotty threads)

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

If The O Coordinator Is Afraid of His QB, Get Rid Of Him (merged Schotty threads)

[IMG]http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/martyball.jpg[/IMG]

This type of dysfunction is not going to work.

Either Schottenheimer is afraid of Sanchez and thinks he can win every game by scoring 4 FG's

...or...

Sanchez is showing nothing in practice and is not trusted by the entire coaching staff, front office, and owner.

We've committed to Mark, we've seen flashes of brilliance from Mark, Mark played big in playoff games, Mark's lived in Florham Park 15 hours a day since last March. If he's not progressing, well, that's the OC's fault as an educator. If he's doing okay and is not being let loose in games, well, that's the OC's fault too.

Think back to last season. If not for Shone Greene breaking big runs against the Bengals and Chargers, we don't win any playoff games let alone two of them. In the AFC Championship Game, when Greene got hurt, Sanchez was throttled despite having his best game as a pro.

Give the kid the ball. Let him win a game or two for you. He's never won a game in a 2 minute situation because he's never been allowed to. This season, he's going to need these skills and confidence from the coaching staff. It's clear that they don't trust him and as a result he's playing tight.

Herman Edwards version of Martyball was better than this.

SAR I

Why didn't he call any slants today?:mad:

Cant believe I am saying this..But Pennington calling his own plays with Rex Dfense wins a superbowl! 2 problems..#6 and Schotty.

I was thinking the same thing

The Ravens are tough to run on but their secondary is beat up and we don't even try to go after them 10-20 yards deep.

Trust the QB.

Trust the 24 year old to be a man.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vR4CQq4HMg&feature=fvw[/url]

Trust that the guy will come through. Holding back stunts these guys.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=LV2;3731932]I was thinking the same thing

The Ravens are tough to run on but their secondary is beat up and we don't even try to go after them 10-20 yards deep.[/QUOTE]

I would rather lose this game 24-23 with Sanchez throwing 2 TD's and 3 INT's than losing 10-9 with Sanchez being reduced to a placeholder. If Schottenheimer wants to run the wishbone, get Brad Smith in there as the starter and call it a day already.

Sanchez showed enough poise, accuracy, and touch in the last 5 games of the 2009 season to give me the confidence that he can be The Guy; we're not going to find the next Peyton Manning by treating him like Waterford crystal. Let the boy f-cking play.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3731908][IMG]http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/martyball.jpg[/IMG]

Either Schottenheimer is afraid of Sanchez and thinks he can win every game by scoring 4 FG's

...or...

Sanchez is showing nothing in practice and is not trusted by the entire coaching staff, front office, and owner.

We've committed to Mark, we've seen flashes of brilliance from Mark, Mark played big in playoff games, Mark's lived in Florham Park 15 hours a day since last March. If he's not progressing, well, that's the OC's fault as an educator. If he's doing okay and is not being let loose in games, well, that's the OC's fault too.

Think back to last season. If not for Shone Greene breaking big runs against the Bengals and Chargers, we don't win any playoff games let alone two of them. In the AFC Championship Game, when Greene got hurt, Sanchez was throttled despite having his best game as a pro.

Give the kid the ball. Let him win a game or two for you. He's never won a game in a 2 minute situation because he's never been allowed to. This season, he's going to need these skills and confidence from the coaching staff. It's clear that they don't trust him and as a result he's playing tight.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

A-F*cking-Men

How people can still stand up for Schotty is beyond me. Command a respectable offense for at least one season and then maybe you'll gain some respect from me.

Classic "Martyball" would be a welcome addition at this point IMO. Get away from the cutesy sh*t and start shoving the ball down other teams throats.

Let your young QB take some chances every once in a while. We didn't just draft this kid to be a gamemanager his entire career.

It makes me sick to think we're so aggressive and dominant on the defensive side, but our offense looks totally inept in every way possible.

I agree entirely. I've been patient with Shotty, but this is getting ridiculous, ****ing RIDICULOUS.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3731985]

How people can still stand up for Schotty is beyond me. [/QUOTE]

I was one of the few that stood up for him, but I am thinking it's time to yank his playcalling duties. It was weird to watch the Rbs look ok (aside from fumble), the QB looked poised, the OL looked solid and yet we couldn't get a first down. Just very bizarre game and I can only blame Schotty.

If Sanchez was pressured all night and we couldn't run the ball past the line of scrimmage, well then we don't have the horses, but this was all on playcalling.

All Pro
    That may have been the worst called offensive game I have ever seen.

I don't usually go super crazy after a loss, but that was awful. Even at the end, when they had 5-6 minutes left, they were moving sooooo sloowwwww.

Not one chance downfield. Not one. Was Keller even there? Was Edwards? What did Cotch have, 3 balls thrown to him, and he drops one on third down.

No WR screens, nothing downfield. Freakin horrible.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3731985]

It makes me sick to think we're so aggressive and dominant on the defensive side, but our offense looks totally inept in every way possible.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Rex Ryan can't scream "you hit one of ours, we'll take two of yours" while Brian Schottenheimer whispers "if you sniff my daisy, I'll tickle your sunflower".

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JokelahomaJetsFan;3731990]I agree entirely. I've been patient with Shotty, but this is getting ridiculous, ****ing RIDICULOUS.[/QUOTE]

This is FOOTBALL.

Our HC has balls. Our DC has balls. Our STC has balls. WTF is with our p-ssy OC? FOOTBALL. Fight like a gladiator. Better to die with 5 INT's than go down without a fight. Not like Sanchez hasn't played a year of football. Not like he hasn't won as many playoff games as Joe Namath. WTF did Schottenheimer do to Mark this offseason? He isn't better? Please. Kill Brian. Fire him tonight.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3732007]Absolutely.

Rex Ryan can't scream "you hit one of ours, we'll take two of yours" while Brian Schottenheimer whispers "if you sniff my daisy, I'll tickle your sunflower".

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL but true

All League
    I can't remember the quote exactly but I know you all know what I am talking about:

Sanchez to Rex and Schotty during preseason, "WOW, the offense plays so much better when we have fun out there! Maybe we should have more fun like the D does!"

TRANSLATION:

"REX, please look at the **** Schotty is calling out there and how ineffective it is! Schotty, please look at what a real coach looks like in the NFL to your right and OPEN UP THE GODDAMN PLAYBOOK!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Schott was so afraid Sanchez could lose the game that he didn't let Sanchez try to win it until it was too late. But, I think Rex had quite a bit to do with this. Hear me out...

It was pretty clear that Rex KNEW he'd limit the Ravens to a handful of points tonight. Turnovers were going to be critical and if the Jets had managed just one more FG then this is an ugly 12-10 win that people here would be thrilled about. With 14 penalties for over 100 yards it's a MIRACLE we only lost by one point. The plan was obvious on offense, Don't F up! But I think that Rex had probably scared Schottenheimer so much about the havoc the Baltimore D could cause that this game plan on offense was simple and supported by Rex, just don't give the game away. They only took the handcuffs off Sanchez, and barely at that, at the very end when it was too late.

I'm sick over our offensive performance but as much as I want to blame Schotty I'm thinking this had Rex's blessing all the way. JMO.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3731908][IMG]http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/martyball.jpg[/IMG]

...or...

SAR I[/QUOTE]

agreed. Benching Greene was flat out stupid and Rex said it wasn't his doing in his interview after the game. Has to be Schott's call unless Rex lied. LT is NOT an everydown back and Greene needed to get back in the game, early fumble notwithstanding. If it wasn't Rex's doing then it was Marty... er Brian.. Schottenheimer's mistake. Also the wild cat on 3rd down in the first half was stupid. I have grown to really dislike Schotty. I've defended him in the past, but those days are done. He sucks. The wildcat on 1st down was a much better spot for that formation.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3731973]I would rather lose this game 24-23 with Sanchez throwing 2 TD's and 3 INT's than losing 10-9 with Sanchez being reduced to a placeholder. If Schottenheimer wants to run the wishbone, get Brad Smith in there as the starter and call it a day already.

Sanchez showed enough poise, accuracy, and touch in the last 5 games of the 2009 season to give me the confidence that he can be The Guy; we're not going to find the next Peyton Manning by treating him like Waterford crystal. Let the boy f-cking play.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:yes: and the same for Shonn Greene.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3732037]Schott was so afraid Sanchez could lose the game that he didn't let Sanchez try to win it until it was too late. But, I think Rex had quite a bit to do with this. Hear me out...

It was pretty clear that Rex KNEW he'd limit the Ravens to a handful of points tonight. Turnovers were going to be critical and if the Jets had managed just one more FG then this is an ugly 12-10 win that people here would be thrilled about. With 14 penalties for over 100 yards it's a MIRACLE we only lost by one point. The plan was obvious on offense, Don't F up! But I think that Rex had probably scared Schottenheimer so much about the havoc the Baltimore D could cause that this game plan on offense was simple and supported by Rex, just don't give the game away. They only took the handcuffs off Sanchez, and barely at that, at the very end when it was too late.

I'm sick over our offensive performance but as much as I want to blame Schotty I'm thinking this had Rex's blessing all the way. JMO.[/QUOTE]

Well, then lets go down the road of halftime adjustments.

It was brutally obvious at halftime that what we were doing on D was working and what we were doing on O was a disaster. Though the gameplan was to ground/pound and win it on turnovers and field position it was clear that the O could do nothing with a conservative running attack.

If Rex were our OC, he'd have thrown the gameplan out the window and gotten aggressive. Stretched the field in the air, open up the run. Pick on one of the Raven's only defensive weaknesses. But instead, Brian keeps waiting for the RB's to rip a big one a-la Cincinatti and San Diego last year and that moment never comes.

Oh, and where the hell was Shone Greene in the 2nd and 3rd quarters? Bench your starting RB in Game 1? Neuter your QB after his playoff heroics? Complete mismanagement of the youngsters. They'll turn on him. Good. No Schottenheimer has ever won a damn thing; there's a reason why.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Dcat;3732057]and the same for Shonn Greene.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's like he said to himself "well, I'll take all my stellar offensive youngsters who showed so many flashes of greatness last season and gameplan as if they're all rookies who can't be trusted."

Dustin Keller. Shone Greene. Mark Sanchez.

These three guys saved Brian's ass last season and absolutely carried us to a halftime lead in the AFC Championship Game. And how does he re-pay their efforts? How does he showcase them on national TV to their peers, friends, and family?

Utter humiliation. Dustin gets like 3 touches as Todd Heap has a career night. Shone Greene benched. Mark Sanchez screaming at him.

When we're 0-3, Tannenbaum will make a move. Mike Pettine will make a fine offensive coordinator, trust me.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

If Schottenheimer has complete autonomy over the offense, then as the HEAD COACH Rex needs to step in and start giving some input into the offensive game plan.

Why did we let a rookie quarterback air it out (at times) from game 1 last season, and then pull back the reins when he's finally getting some experience under his belt? Sanchez doesn't even look like the same QB he did against Houston, his first game in the NFL.