Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That was the stealthiest Stealth Bomber Flyover EVER!

Hall Of Fame

That was the stealthiest Stealth Bomber Flyover EVER!

So the announcer in the Stadium says, "and following the National Anthem, keep your eyes on the lookout for a B-2 Stealth Bomber Flyover."

The crowd was full of anticipation, necks craning around, eyes scanning the horizon, all on the lookout for what will appear to be a big black bat flying over head.

Sure enough like a finely tuned precision sortie, there it was. But it was SO stealthy, we couldn't even see it and it made virtually NO sound as it buzzed over the Stadium. I took video with my cell phone and you can't even see it--undetectable to the naked eye. Incredible technology, totally stealthy, no wonder this thing can't be picked up on radar.

How did it look on TV?

Now I know why we kicked Iraq's azz.

_

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3731911]So the announcer in the Stadium says, "and following the National Anthem, keep your eyes on the lookout for a B-2 Stealth Bomber Flyover."

The crowd was full of anticipation, necks craning around, eyes scanning the horizon, all on the lookout for what will appear to be a big black bat flying over head.

Sure enough like a finely tuned precision sortie, there it was. But it was SO stealthy, we couldn't even see it and it made virtually NO sound as it buzzed over the Stadium. I took video with my cell phone and you can't even see it--undetectable to the naked eye. Incredible technology, totally stealthy, no wonder this thing can't be picked up on radar.

How did it look on TV?

_[/QUOTE]

I was there and I didnt see a damn thing. Not a thing. Not a peep. I dont believe it happened.

Same here. No one saw / heard anything.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3731911]So the announcer in the Stadium says, "and following the National Anthem, keep your eyes on the lookout for a B-2 Stealth Bomber Flyover."

How did it look on TV?

_[/QUOTE]

LOL... figures. A real jet doesn't even show up for the ****ing miserable JETS.

I'm more a fan of the A-10 Warthog, anyway.

Practice Squad
    Such a letdown to not have the flyover. Guess they canceled it because of the weather/visibility issues? In any case, someone should have told the Jets who proudly announced the flyover before the anthem and then look like idiots.

[QUOTE]I'm more a fan of the A-10 Warthog, anyway.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha! :groucho:

Hall Of Fame
    How does the stadium PA guy NOT know the flyover was cancelled?

The anthem is what--3 minutes long?

They didn't know 4 minutes earlier that it was off?

Geez we look like jackasses.

_

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3731996]How does the stadium PA guy NOT know the flyover was cancelled?

The anthem is what--3 minutes long?

They didn't know 4 minutes earlier that it was off?

Geez we look like jackasses.

_[/QUOTE]

what a joke.

i was also taking video and didnt see ****.

When it was sunny...

All the Jets flew up the Hudson river around 4 pm.

4 F-16s and a Stealth, though the stealth was too high to view.

With the cloud cover the sound was deafening.

Pre game practice.

I heard next week, Wonder Womans' invisible plane is doing the fly-over.

Just an [B]amateur performance[/B] all around tonight. The team, the stadium staff, everyone. I'm embrassed to be a fan of this team that can't even come remotely close to getting it right on the first night in their new stadium.

The only people that got it right were the fans. And even amongst the fans I could see entire sections that wouldn't stand up or make noise on 3rd downs when we were on defense. [B][I]UP, UP[/I][/B], I implored them verbally and physically, and they acted like they didn't see me. Just a pathetic night all around.

Rookie
    Well, make this the 2nd game with no flyover after it was announced. Jets/Giants game was supposed to have one as well.

All Pro
    We all in our right mind knew it would be cancelled due to the lightning and storms a few minutes earlier.

We were cracking up with a commercial airliner flew over and everyone was pointing at it thinking it was the flyover.

what a joke. way to get the new stadium off on the right foot, bungle the flyover

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=92Ellis92;3733112]We all in our right mind knew it would be cancelled due to the lightning and storms a few minutes earlier.

[B]We were cracking up with a commercial airliner flew over and everyone was pointing at it thinking it was the flyover[/B].[/QUOTE]

That was too funny. I think I got THAT on my phone camera. :D

_

All League
    [QUOTE=Astoria;3732176]Just an [B]amateur performance[/B] all around tonight. The team, the stadium staff, everyone. I'm embrassed to be a fan of this team that can't even come remotely close to getting it right on the first night in their new stadium.

The only people that got it right were the fans. And even amongst the fans I could see entire sections that wouldn't stand up or make noise on 3rd downs when we were on defense. [B][I]UP, UP[/I][/B], I implored them verbally and physically, and they acted like they didn't see me. Just a pathetic night all around.[/QUOTE]

You weren't that terrible 45 year old man in section 206a about 12-15 rows back with half white/half green face with two youngsters next to you with the same gear, were you? Because this sad excuse for a human/father was screaming allllllll night, obscenity laced tirades at the folks around him who werent standing. I was standing on every third down. However, for a GROWN man with face painted with his 2 small children to be SCREAMING obscenities at those around him for not standing, not to mention they were JETS FANS, is beyond me. If your life is going that poorly that you get that worked up about such minutia then you might want to double check what is going on in your life.

I want most people to stand, as well. However, if there are some elderly folks or young kids around you who are also supporting the JETS and they dont want to stand every single time, then I am not sure what to tell you. As long as they arent yelling, "sit down, sit down" you must abide by the policy "to each his own"...

I am sure you were not this character, but it's good to realize everyone has different ways of enjoying the game. young and old.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Anthem info is listed as TBA on the Jets Site, maybe we get some F16's.....or the Bomber?

Jets Insider VIP
    nothing listed on the website.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/fanzone/article-1/Heres-What-Youll-Experience-on-Monday-Night/1e6e8428-bdef-44d8-a8bb-cd0054ade3ae[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hhhm.