Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaun Rogers

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaun Rogers

Would be a smart pickup at this point IMO...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Qb and an OC would help too...Sanchez has skills but ZERO heart..SHon Greene...My god...He cost us the colts game too..Defense is stout...Jenkins injury is NOt a killer...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman;3731960]A Qb and an OC would help too...Sanchez has skills but ZERO heart..SHon Greene...My god...He cost us the colts game too..Defense is stout...Jenkins injury is NOt a killer...[/QUOTE]

Relax... It's one game. I don't understand how you can say Sanchez has no heart??? Shone Greene got hurt in the AFCCG he didn't cost us the game. Peyton Manning carving up the Jets secondary is what lost us the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JacksonHtsJetFan;3731953]Would be a smart pickup at this point IMO...[/QUOTE]

Didn't know he was available.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;3731976]Didn't know he was available.[/QUOTE]

He might be. Someone on his twitter asked him if he heard that the Browns might be trying to trade him. Might be something to watch out for.

For all the twitter users his name is QB coma 92.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah now that jenks is officially out for the year (which anyone with a brain figured out as soon as he went down) its time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;3732097]He might be. Someone on his twitter asked him if he heard that the Browns might be trying to trade him. Might be something to watch out for.

For all the twitter users his name is QB coma 92.[/QUOTE]

Understand I've not ask or have been told I've been traded in any official capacity...I was responding to some tweets I received abt the rumors & the possibility of it happening [URL="http://twitter.com/QBComa92/status/24441824882"] about 15 hours ago[/URL]

[url]http://twitter.com/QBComa92[/url]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3733652]Understand I've not ask or have been told I've been traded in any official capacity...I was responding to some tweets I received abt the rumors & the possibility of it happening [URL="http://twitter.com/QBComa92/status/24441824882"] about 15 hours ago[/URL]

[url]http://twitter.com/QBComa92[/url][/QUOTE]

It should be noted that he is no longer the starting NT for the Browns either. Add to that that he's never played on a winning team, nor has ever been to the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    for the greatness that was tanny's offseason we absolutely needed to get some depth in the interior line...i've been clamoring for a trade of rogers for a while now...get that beast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3733663]for the greatness that was tanny's offseason we absolutely needed to get some depth in the interior line...i've been clamoring for a trade of rogers for a while now...get that beast.[/QUOTE]

Yup...or Fat Albert

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    he takes up 2 defenders...make it happen Tanny!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;3733667]Yup...or Fat Albert[/QUOTE]

first thing I thought of when Jenkins went down was...Haynesworth

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do people around here keep suggesting Haynesworth?! He wants out of Washington because he doesn't like his role there of taking on a double team...he would be asked to do the same exact thing here. What a disaster getting him would be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogers would probably come a lot cheaper. Plus he's more of a space eater in the middle than Haynesworth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;3733660]It should be noted that he is no longer the starting NT for the Browns either. Add to that that he's never played on a winning team, nor has ever been to the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

There is always a first time! How many winning teams was TRENT DILFER on before he won the SUPER BOWL? Darren Sharper?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3733754]There is always a first time! How many winning teams was TRENT DILFER on before he won the SUPER BOWL? Darren Sharper?[/QUOTE]

I've seen Rogers play quite a bit..the dude is a freak of nature; he's quite good at blocking kicks and is a hell of a pass rusher for someone his size. When he wants to play, the guy is unblockable (literally).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who here honestly thought Jenkins would be around all year? This should have been done already. Any elite 3-4 D has a elite NT. Pouha is great but not even close to what we need. I guarantee if Jenks hadn't gone down, flacco wouldn't have been 1000/1000 on third down.

EDIT: And haynesworth would be an absolute waste on this team. Rogers>>>>>>>>>haynesworth on this team/D
    Last edited by JacksonHtsJetFan; 09-14-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JacksonHtsJetFan;3733880]Who here honestly thought Jenkins would be around all year? This should have been done already. Any elite 3-4 D has a elite NT. Pouha is great but not even close to what we need. I guarantee if Jenks hadn't gone down, flacco wouldn't have been 1000/1000 on third down[/QUOTE]

The Browns have an elite 3-4 D? :shakehead

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JacksonHtsJetFan;3733880]Who here honestly thought Jenkins would be around all year? This should have been done already. [B]Any elite 3-4 [/B]D has a elite NT. Pouha is great but not even close to what we need. I guarantee if Jenks hadn't gone down, flacco wouldn't have been 1000/1000 on third down[/QUOTE]

We finished first last year with big Jenks going down in week 7. People underate Pouha. That said, let's get Rogers or Fat Albert.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogers was the first guy I thought of for obvious reasons: The Browns have been dangling him out there as trade bait for some time now, the HC and he didn't exactly hit it off, Mangina is the HC and has ties to our org and Tanny and Rob Ryan is the DC there. It makes too much sense.