Thread: What Are You Mad At?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What Are You Mad At?

So the entire pregame conversation and walk into the stadium I kept thinking in my head and then verbalized to my dad and brother that this was a 50/50 game, a toss up, anybody's game etc.

I really felt this.

We were two very similar teams and one team was going to have to win and one team was going to have to lose.

We lost.

10 points
    to
    9 points.

We lost by one point.

If we had somehow won by one point, a lot of this criticism would be a little more subdued and not so many shots would be taken.

So my question to you is: Is it that we lost or is it the way in which we lost?

Because if it is the latter, then I 100 percent agree and think it's very disheartening that we ESSENTIALLY beat ourselves.

But if you are mad and sad that we lost to a pretty damn good Ravens team, by one point, and going into this game you/I knew it was a toss up...I can't say I can understand where you are coming from.

You win some. You lose some. The way we lost SUCKS.

It's not about the Loss itself.

PS New England is going to make us feel the pain...I can already see that coming. That compounds the frustration with this loss.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can't have a functional offense if the coordinator doesn't trust his quarterback. This isn't Division II NCAA football. You can't win without a quarterback that's trusted to run the offense and throw the ball with authority. You can't run on first and second down and expect to convert third and longs on checkdowns. You need to exploit a weak secondary if a team has a strong DL and LB's.

So, what bothers me the most isn't the penalties, the officiating, the missed opportunities. What bothers me is that Marty Schottenheimer is killing us.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3731988]We can't have a functional offense if the coordinator doesn't trust his quarterback. This isn't Division II NCAA football. You can't win without a quarterback that's trusted to run the offense and throw the ball with authority.

So, what bothers me the most isn't the penalties, the officiating, the missed opportunities. What bothers me is that Marty Schottenheimer is killing us.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Agreed. So correct me if I am wrong, but you would also fit into the category that I reside in that it's not that we lost, but its the issues which have been exposed which really leave us reeling. If so, I am on the same page.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ravens have a great team, there's no shame in losing to them. Playing how we did, with the penalties, and the conservative game plan, eff that. I wasted the last 8 months waiting for that???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3731998]The Ravens have a great team, there's no shame in losing to them. Playing how we did, with the penalties, and the conservative game plan, eff that. I wasted the last 8 months waiting for that???[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I agree. And all the talk and blabber to back it up with that? That bothers me. If you really think you are that good, then show me someting. But if Sanchez and the offense looks like that behind closed doors all week in practice then this team and their coach need to shut the **** up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3731998]The Ravens have a great team, there's no shame in losing to them. Playing how we did, with the penalties, and the conservative game plan, eff that. I wasted the last 8 months waiting for that???[/QUOTE]

3rd and 28 and you do a defensive hold? How many 3rd downs did the Jets piss away with PI and holding calls?

For weeks, everyone is saying "What will we do when Cro leaves, how can we resign him? How many penalties did that guy have?" I know the Jets D only gave up 10 points, but they could not get off the field on 3rd and long. They have to play better.

And that was the worst offensive play calling I have ever seen. You know what, if they told Chad to throw like that, I owe him a big apology, because Sanchez looked just like old Chad. Not even trying to go downfield.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    PENALTIES!!!!!! Losing to the Ravens is fine and had we won all of the offseason behavior would be forgotten HOWEVER in the last few weeks the team appeared to be unfocased AND IT CLEARLY SHOWED during the game. :steamin:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SouthTown;3731992]Agreed. So correct me if I am wrong, but you would also fit into the category that I reside in that it's not that we lost, but its the issues which have been exposed which really leave us reeling. If so, I am on the same page.[/QUOTE]

If we had an offensive coordinator with the same balls as our head coach, defensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator, we'd have won tonight.

You can't win many NFL games if your OC doesn't trust his QB. Jockey's can't win races if they fear their horses. Skiiers can't win slalom's if they don't trust their bindings. Lugers can't win luge meets if they don't trust their luges. Pinapple growers can't make a living growing pineapples if they don't trust their pineapples. I could go on with the ridiculous analogies all night (and might, I'm so angry) but the point is WE NEED A NEW OC AND ONE WHO ACTS LIKE REX, TALKS LIKE WESTY, AND PUTS THE BALL IN HIS QB'S HANDS.

SAR I