Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nope, I refuse cash in after 1 game, we will bounce back, plenty to look forward to!

Nope, I refuse cash in after 1 game, we will bounce back, plenty to look forward to!

As usual, the chicken little SOJF are out in full force.

Plenty to be upset about, for sure.

But to be honest, I'm not that upset, it's wierd, we had chance to win the game.

I expected a bloodfest, it was that and then some.

Ravens were playing out of their minds.

Ok, Jets got a little bit of wake up call, but I am not that down. Offense struggled, but damn, we need to give the Ravens D some credit, we definitely had a conservative game plan, penalties KILLED us, AND the Greene fumble was BRUTAL, that was the turning point of the game, off of a big INT from Cromartie, down on their 30 yd line with a chance to go up 13-0, people will forget that, but the fumble killed us.

Cromartie definitely had a couple of calls that he deserved, and he needs to clean up some stuff, but the officiating was HORRENDOUS.

People killing the offense, I guess we deserve it, but we had three different drives where penalties killed us, half of which were BS, and then the big fumble by Greene.

Look, the Ravens are probably the best D we will face all year.

I got news for you, the Jets are going to run, run, and run some more against New England, and we will be way more successful against them.

We were patient tonight, if Greene doesn't fumble, I think the Jets win this game handily, no lie, that is how big that fumble was.

Have to be happy with the D

Happy with Folk

Happy with the physical play by Cromartie and J Taylor

We get Pool back next week, maybe Pace, if not one more week.

And we are missing our best player on OFFENSE.

We need to come away 2-2 after the first four weeks, that is the goal, before we get Holmes back, and Pace is 100%

Let's get it next week.

I am at least somewhat hopeful that Rex and it seems players in the locker room seem hopeful that Jenkins' injury isn't long term, crossing fingers.

Stay positive, this was a battle, very good Raven team, we'll clean it up.

And hopefully, with Jason LaCanfora's news about Jenkins, let's start looking for good news.

[quote][B][URL="http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora"]JasonLaCanfora[/URL][/B]
    Kris Jenkins will have his MRI @[URL="http://twitter.com/9am"]9am[/URL] on his injured knee but for now Jets doctors optimistic its not an ACL. Jenkins left game in 1st Qtr[/quote]

Chins up Jets fans!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rex should have done the post game presser with a clown nose because that is what this team made him look like, a clown.

With all the stupid penalties, they looked very much like the cheeseburger eating slackers they showed on Hardknocks.

Embarassing.

SOJF are out because the SOJ fans showed up on national TV

My feelings on the game:

This was the worst Offensive performance I can remember. Spineless and fearful from top to bottom. Truly bad, with no sign we shoudl expect improvement based on this games performance.

It didn't help that Greene had fumbleitis, and may have lost any confidence Rex had in him. Also didn't help the team was (generally) quite undisciplined, the amount of penalties was unacceptable.

Sanchez played terrified all night long. Afraid to sit in the pocket or roll out to get more time, afriad to throw anything that wasn't ultra-safe, even when required by circumstances. His fear (or the staffs) over INT's was obvious, and far too much. No yards is just as bad as an INT. Shotty or Sanchez, there was an obvious problem there.

Was also a horrible game by Cromarties and Wilson. Really, truly bad in the very basics of "don't rape the WR you've covering" kinda way. An expected strength was a very obvious weakness.

On the positive, the D was (overall) quite good, even without Jenkins.

Weatherford was stunningly good.

Folks was good.

Specials were good (the call of running into the kicker on Edwards was a crock).

Shotty, Greene, Sanchez, Slauson, and th WR's all were poor, as bad as I can recall an "O" being.

I won't play projection. What will be will be. But tonight, the O was as bad as I think I have ever seen, from snap 1 all the way to the end.

The fact we lost by one is a testiment to how good the D was (overcoming the horrid play of the two new DB's) and the Specials were.
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-14-2010 at 01:03 AM.

This same offense played well at the end of the year, and very well in the playoffs, we were missing our best offensive player, we are integrating a new LG, and were playing against a team that were destined to bring the pain.

Tom Brady and the same Patriot team you all throw up over, were just as bad against this same Ravens team last year.

Why do so many of you lack perspective?

This offense has no hope, really?

When will some of you realize, penalties and turnovers are the greatest equalizer? When will you realize this game is about momentum? We had it big time after that Cromartie INT, and gave it right back, Greene doesn't fumble, I think we score a TD, and the game has a very different flow and ending.

C'mon!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-14-2010 at 01:07 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This was a frustrating game.

Cromartie needs to settle down and play disciplined football
    Rex can't treat K-dub like he is a vet
    LT needs to be the starter, Greene needs more seasoning.
    Resign Coles, at least until Holmes gets back.
    Rex needs to have a one on one meeting with Schotty
    I like that the Jets are having fun, but I think it's time for them to do more work.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3732035]Why do so many of you lack perspective?

C'mon![/QUOTE]

Well, I Said I won't play future-projection at this time.

But the performance speaks for itself.

Until they perform better, this performance is all we have to go on this year. Last year is irrelvant now honestly, it's a whole new year.

I hope they improve, because if they play like this regularly, we will not have a successful season. But I have no idea, one way or the other, how much (or if) they will improve. They probably will....it would be hard to be this bad for an entire season.

I will say this, I do hope the "Jets Super Bowl" talk goes away for a while. As I say often, win first, then talk ****. Not the other way around.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3732035]This same offense played well at the end of the year, and very well in the playoffs, we were missing our best offensive player, we are integrating a new LG, and were playing against a team that were destined to bring the pain.

Tom Brady and the same Patriot team you all throw up over, were just as bad against this same Ravens team last year.

Why do so many of you lack perspective?

When will some of you realize, penalties and turnovers are the greatest equalizer? When will you realize this game is about momentum? We had it big time after that Cromartie fumble, and gave it right back, Greene doesn't fumble, I think we score a TD, and the game has a very different flow and ending.

C'mon![/QUOTE]

It's not the same offense.
    It has significant changes that need to produce. Greene looked awful replacing Jones as the feature back and displayed no ability to pound the inside to free up the rest of the running game. Slauson had multiple breakdowns and hasn't yet proven to be an adequate replacement for Faneca.

Of course this can turn around, but there is no evidence from tonights game to indicate that the moves have yielded a step foward.

[QUOTE=Piper;3732052]It's not the same offense.
    It has significant changes that need to produce. Greene looked awful replacing Jones as the feature back and displayed no ability to pound the inside to free up the rest of the running game. Slauson had multiple breakdowns and hasn't yet proven to be an adequate replacement for Faneca.

Of course this can turn around, but there is no evidence from tonights game to indicate that the moves have yielded a step foward.[/QUOTE]

It is the same offense.

Greene fumbled, he was effective until he got benched. LT was better than Jones was at any point last year, yeah, I said it, he is that much more dynamic.

Patriots struggled against the same team in the playoffs last year.

Enough with your tunnel-vision.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3732081]It is the same offense.

Greene fumbled, he was effective until he got benched. LT was better than Jones was at any point last year, yeah, I said it, he is that much more dynamic.

Patriots struggled against the same team in the playoffs last year.

Enough with your tunnel-vision.[/QUOTE]

Effective? Wow.

And LT provided change of pace like Greene did last year.

Feel free to ignore how tunnel visioned Sanchez was. This team will be able to beat mediocre teams. Nothing more.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3732081]
    Enough with your tunnel-vision.[/QUOTE]

Enough of your homerism.

[QUOTE=JetBidi;3732089]Enough of your homerism.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile-ak-snc1/object2/187/70/n2446766958_3973.jpg[/IMG]

WHO THE FU(K IS SAYING THIS IS NOT THE SAME OLD BULLSH!T OFFENSE???

Lil Schotty has proved he can not do this job and it will cost us the superbowl.

Why must they be enamored with him?

[QUOTE=Piper;3732086]Effective? Wow.

And LT provided change of pace like Greene did last year.

Feel free to ignore how tunnel visioned Sanchez was. This team will be able to beat mediocre teams. Nothing more.[/QUOTE]

No offense :rolleyes:

But you are a f*cking moron if you can't see how Schitty is ruining the best shot we have at a SB in 40 years.

You are just plain dumb........and please don't be a bit(h about it... Your a dummy and it's ok~~~~

All League
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3732098][IMG]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile-ak-snc1/object2/187/70/n2446766958_3973.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Great argument. You won me over. Our offense is AWESOME. :rolleyes:

Here's one for you:

[IMG]http://clubhousecancer.typepad.com/.a/6a00e551db9e1a88340133f3853ff1970b-pi[/IMG]

Save your "the world is all rainbows and sunshine" sh*t for someone else.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 09-14-2010 at 01:47 AM.

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3732106]No offense :rolleyes:

But you are a f*cking moron if you can't see how Schitty is ruining the best shot we have at a SB in 40 years.

You are just plain dumb........and please don't be a bit(h about it... Your a dummy and it's ok~~~~[/QUOTE]

Just like the Paul Hackett era. With so much dinks and dunks that when it came time to throw the ball deep......we didnt know how to.

Im sick of watching college football teams run better looking offenses than our NY JETS. Its getting boring.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3732106]No offense :rolleyes:

You are just plain dumb........and please don't be a bit(h about it... Your a dummy and it's ok~~~~[/QUOTE]

Right, because Shotty is whispering in Sanchez's ear "don't throw downfield, go to the checkdown guy."

putz

[QUOTE=Piper;3732112]Right, because Shotty is whispering in Sanchez's ear "don't throw downfield, go to the checkdown guy."

putz[/QUOTE]

If you weren't such an idiot I would say
    Go
    F.ck
    Yo.rself

You are too dumb to realize and our argument is now over.

How is this for a concept......throw the deep ball early. Get the secondary on their heels even if there is an incompletion, that threat doesnt allow the DB's to play up and make tackles on run plays.

This offense has no dynamic and it is not Sanchez fault.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3732120]If you weren't such an idiot I would say
    Go
    F.ck
    Yo.rself

You are too dumb to realize and our argument is now over.[/QUOTE]

It's embarassing that you are a Jets fan.

[QUOTE=JetBidi;3732108]Great argument. You won me over. Our offense is AWESOME. :rolleyes:

Here's one for you:

[IMG]http://clubhousecancer.typepad.com/.a/6a00e551db9e1a88340133f3853ff1970b-pi[/IMG]

Save your "the world is all rainbows and sunshine" sh*t for someone else.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45002000/jpg/_45002296_manknitting_getty226.jpg[/IMG]

Time for a new hobby, take your talents to where they belong. Football is too stressful for you.