Thread: REALITY CHECK: 2009 AFC Final Four starts season 1-3

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

REALITY CHECK: 2009 AFC Final Four starts season 1-3

Only the Ravens won from last year's AFC Final Four. We join the Colts and Chargers with a L to start the year. Don't panic. And even though we played like sh!t it's respectable to lose to Baltimore by 1 point. We'd be melting down if we did what the Chargers just did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other headlines from Week 1 - Super Bowl favorites Cowboys, Colts, Vikings, Jets, Chargers, etc. all lose. It's one game, let's not lose sight of that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed. S word happens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree. The chargers played a respectable game and lost to a team that brought everything they had.

We played like SH*T and lost to a team that brought everything they had.

I would've rather lost like the Chargers just did rather than look like the pure garbage that we look like right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3732087]I disagree. The chargers played a respectable game and lost to a team that brought everything they had.

I would've rather lost like the Chargers just did rather than look like the pure garbage that we look like right now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, our D was outstanding outside of some stupid penalites. Special teams were real good too.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good points, but we might have the worst offense in the NFL.

Do you know of any team afraid of Slauson, Sanchez and Fumbles Greene?

LT is our only hope until Santonio comes back.

Put Brunell in in week 3!

DC

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3732087]I disagree. The chargers played a respectable game and lost to a team that brought everything they had.

I would've rather lost like the Chargers just did rather than look like the pure garbage that we look like right now.[/QUOTE]

True, but for us there's hope. We played horrible and lost to a great team by only 1 point. If our best wasn't good enough I'd be worried. This at least shows that when we play better and don't shoot ourselves in the foot we'll be able to compete with any team in the league.

If you're the Chargers you're saying, "Wow, we'd played pretty well and don't have enough to win."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3732093]Sorry, our D was outstanding outside of some stupid penalites. Special teams were real good too.[/QUOTE]

Our D was TERRIFIC. Our special teams was good too. I have no problem with those units. Our offense was OFFENSIVE.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3732095]True, but for us there's hope. We played horrible and lost to a great team by only 1 point. If our best wasn't good enough I'd be worried. This at least shows that when we play better and don't shoot ourselves in the foot we'll be able to compete with any team in the league.

If you're the Chargers you're saying, "Wow, we'd played pretty well and don't have enough to win."[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on some of these points (about us having a horrendous game but still almost pulling it out against one of the leagues top teams), but the Chargers are not nearly as good of a team as us. They at least played up to their expectations. @ TDs with a chance to score a 3rd and go to overtime for a tough sloppy win.

I don't know what our offense was doing out there, but they sure weren't playing football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for a ray of sunshine on this dismal day. The Pats superbowl teams of 85, 95, and 01 all started their superbowl runs with 0-2 or 1-3 records. Now every win is important, but no one wins or loses a superbowl in September. Just look at the 09 Giants. Superbowl locks by Columbus day, out of the playoffs by Christmas. In 2003 the 17-2 superbowl champs lost their first game 30-0.

As much as I would love it, even a loss next week wouldn't doom your season....just make it tougher to attain.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3732207]If you are looking for a ray of sunshine on this dismal day. The Pats superbowl teams of 85, 95, and 01 all started their superbowl runs with 0-2 or 1-3 records. Now every win is important, but no one wins or loses a superbowl in September. Just look at the 09 Giants. Superbowl locks by Columbus day, out of the playoffs by Christmas. In 2003 the 17-2 superbowl champs lost their first game 30-0.

As much as I would love it, even a loss next week wouldn't doom your season....just make it tougher to attain.[/QUOTE]

Damn you...

;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3732082]Only the Ravens won from last year's AFC Final Four. We join the Colts and Chargers with a L to start the year. Don't panic. And even though we played like sh!t it's respectable to lose to Baltimore by 1 point. We'd be melting down if we did what the Chargers just did.[/QUOTE]

they lost on the road to tough teams (save for KC, maybe). we lost at home in our first game ever at our new Stadium, and we've been earmarked to win the Super Bowl by our head coach. none of the above teams have been annointed as such, but we have been.

we lost to a mediocore team at home when our fans created a tremendous atmosphere, and the team totally laid an egg. what happens if/ when we lose next week? do we run the table from there, having lost not one, but TWO home games consecutively (even 4-12 teams can go .500 at home). sorry, but this game was a HUGE wake up call, and if the Jets have any intention of even being a contender for the division, they HAVE to beat the chowds next week, otherwise they are 3 games behind, and then the fun starts, they have to play on the road, instead of playing in front of their fans who cheered like absolute hell to try to get them to win tonight. sorry, we're in HUGE trouble. the other teams probably have nice cushy home games to play next week. we already dropped our first crucial home game, and we're a loss next week away from being out of the division race, and back to our spot of desparately holding on to hopes of another miraculous wild card birth.

that's the way it is, win next week or kiss the season goodbye. anyone who thinks otherwise is either a delusional retard, or they think the Jets postgame show is the gospel, where they told us it's ok to lose next week, because the 1993 Dallas Cowboys started off 0-2. the season is on the line right now. maybe the Jets will rise to the occasion, but somehow after watching tonight, im getting the feeling that the chowds completely outmatch them, as always. we shall see....
    Last edited by Pretzel M & M; 09-14-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have ALWAYS seemed to play better on the road.... Am I right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    15 weeks left to make the playoffs, i think we will manage as long as the offense gets their head's out of their ass's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All we need to do is Demote Schotty!

Seriously... I can't wait to see the upgrade.