Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll say it. The interference call was bs.

I'll say it. The interference call was bs.

And there were a bunch of bs calls against the Jets.

Edwards seemed to be a focus.

All League
    There was ONE bs call all game. The other calls were all ones that could be called, were correct to have been called, but shouldn't have been called (or wouldn't have been called by another crew).

Can't blame the refs for this loss. Can only blame our entire offensive unit and most importantly the OC.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3732111]There was ONE bs call all game. The other calls were all ones that could be called, were correct to have been called, but shouldn't have been called (or wouldn't have been called by another crew).

Can't blame the refs for this loss. Can only blame our entire offensive unit and most importantly the OC.[/QUOTE]

Can't totally blame the refs, but we could a little... the Edwards running into the kicker is BS and then they get a TD after that.

The Kyle Wilson interference in the endzone could have been called either way, but IF you call that, then the one on Cotch down the sideline has to be called, to me they were virtually the same amount of contact.

And another call on Cro, on 3rd down, would never be called on the Pats...never.

All Pro
    I'm usually the last guy to complain about the refs. And I'm not really complaining now because most of the penalties they called last night were valid.
    There were 3 bad calls against the Jets:

1. Holding on Cro when the Ravens were deep in their territory - this really didn't hurt us too much b/c I think we stopped them on the next set of downs.

2. Running into the kicker - maybe "technically" correct, but if a guy is face down on the ground and the kicker steps on him, how is that the defender's fault? Just a bad judgement to call that in that spot.

3. PI on Wilson in the endzone. Wilson looked stupid at times, but that was great coverage with VERY little contact. This one basically cost the Jets the GW TD. That is inexcuseable. If I were the Jets I'd send that tape to the league with a letter.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetStream;3732332]Can't totally blame the refs, but we could a little... the Edwards running into the kicker is BS and then they get a TD after that.

The Kyle Wilson interference in the endzone could have been called either way, but IF you call that, then the one on Cotch down the sideline has to be called, to me they were virtually the same amount of contact.

And another call on Cro, on 3rd down, would never be called on the Pats...never.[/QUOTE]
    yes!

the ball looked uncatchable to me anyway on the wilson foul

[QUOTE=jetswin;3732436]yes!

the ball looked uncatchable to me anyway on the wilson foul[/QUOTE]

the wilson PI call before the half was bogus. he didn't grab the wr, and he was looking back for the ball. is wilson not allowed to bring his hands up to try to catch the ball?

i felt like since there has been so much publicity on the jets secondary the refs were trying to make a point about them. very anti-rex refs last night.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3732436]yes!

the ball looked uncatchable to me anyway on the wilson foul[/QUOTE]

The problem is leaving a rookie one-on-one with a skilled receiver like Boldin all night. I don't know what Rex was thinking with this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3732444]The problem is leaving a rookie one-on-one with a skilled receiver like Boldin all night. I don't know what Rex was thinking with this.[/QUOTE]
    Boldin chewed up everyone except Revis, hopefully we go back to lock down next week instead of RCB, LCB, slot...Wilson vs. Welker is frightening.

f***ing refs cost us 4 points at the end of the 1st half. As poorly as we played, we STILL should have won if Walt Coleman didn't bet on the Ravens.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3732458]Boldin chewed up everyone except Revis, hopefully we go back to lock down next week instead of RCB, LCB, slot...[B]Wilson vs. Welker is frightening.[/B][/QUOTE]

Don't worry, JW. According to several guys on the board, Welker sucks. I'm thinking we get smoked next week if Scotty is still OC.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3732529]Don't worry, JW. According to several guys on the board, Welker sucks. I'm thinking we get smoked next week if Scotty is still OC.[/QUOTE]

The D is going to find a way to slow Brady and them down. The problem is that we need to be able to score over 20 pts to beat the Pats and I don't think we can do that.

Not with that game plan.

You can't be that scared of your QB turning it over. You have to embrace the fact that he is going to turn it over, but he's going to get better and better.

You can't keep putting the team in 3rd downs. The goal should be to avoid 3rd downs.

The Pass interference on Wilson in the endzone was a bull**** call. It was exactly the same as the deep ball on Cotchery. There was some contact of the bodies, but that was all. Either call it on both, or call it on neither.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3732567]The D is going to find a way to slow Brady and them down. The problem is that we need to be able to score over 20 pts to beat the Pats and I don't think we can do that.

Not with that game plan.

You can't be that scared of your QB turning it over. You have to embrace the fact that he is going to turn it over, but he's going to get better and better.

You can't keep putting the team in 3rd downs. The goal should be to avoid 3rd downs.

The Pass interference on Wilson in the endzone was a bull**** call. It was exactly the same as the deep ball on Cotchery. There was some contact of the bodies, but that was all. Either call it on both, or call it on neither.[/QUOTE]

it's as if the refs were calling penalties on rex rather than the players. i think rex needs to shut his mouth b/c i actually think rex's mouth is inviting the refs to call penalties on his beloved defense.

at some point, either schotty has to take his skirt off or go. schotty is the guy who tells a batter with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded and you're down by 3, to swing only if you think it's a strike. he prefers a walk to a hit.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3732567]The D is going to find a way to slow Brady and them down. The problem is that we need to be able to score over 20 pts to beat the Pats and I don't think we can do that.

Not with that game plan.

The Pass interference on Wilson in the endzone was a bull**** call. It was exactly the same as the deep ball on Cotchery. There was some contact of the bodies, but that was all. Either call it on both, or call it on neither.[/QUOTE]

I never worry about the D. Look at last night: We give up 10 and made Flacco look like garbage except for one drive. (Even then, Heap saves him with a gorgeous, clutch catch on an overthrown ball.) You figure you'll win giving up 10. But it's going to be a long year if we can't score and our D is on the field all night, especially against a QB like Brady.

the refs were atrocious but that doesn't explain why the offense didn't convert a 3rd down until the end of the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;3732459]f***ing refs cost us 4 points at the end of the 1st half. As poorly as we played, we STILL should have won if [B]Walt Coleman [/B]didn't bet on the Ravens.[/QUOTE]

what does he have to do with anything?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3732444]The problem is leaving a rookie one-on-one with a skilled receiver like Boldin all night. I don't know what Rex was thinking with this.[/QUOTE]

Yep........... rex may have been outcoached as well. Cro and Wilson looked shaky .

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3732601]the refs were atrocious but that doesn't explain why the offense didn't convert a 3rd down until the end of the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like ya need to know where the sticks are before you make your cut! Wide Receiver 101!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3732529]Don't worry, JW. According to several guys on the board, Welker sucks. [/QUOTE]

They are the same ones who were saying the Jets should let Revis sit because we would be just as good With Cro and Wilson:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3732726]Yep........... rex may have been outcoached as well. Cro and Wilson looked shaky .[/QUOTE]

I like Wilson a lot. That kid is fast and can play. Like all rookies he needs time to get up to NFL speed and will get toasted periodically. Watching the game, I could not believe he didn't have safety help.

[QUOTE=Piper;3732736]They are the same ones who were saying the Jets should let Revis sit because we would be just as good With Cro and Wilson:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOL. Personally, I thought we could compete without Revis, not be just as good. Although Cromartie and Wilson are a work in progress, after last night's performance, I'd rethink my position.