Thread: Every Jets Question Mark Answered with a Hell no!

Every Jets Question Mark Answered with a Hell no!

What's really disappointing is not the result, but that virtually every question I had going into the season was answered with a big "Hell no" in week one.

1. Will the running game be as good? Maybe. Tomlinson will be fine -- but let's not forget how brittle he has been in the past. Right now, Greene is a huge problem. Because of his benching tonight, he appears to have no confidence, the look on his face just before he dropped that swing pass on 2nd and 3 said it all -- the fumbles are in his head. If they go to LT too much as a result he will not finish the season.

2. Will Cromartie be a shut down corner? Nope. Looked like he could barely play even against Housh whose been on the roster, what, 6 days? If he looks like that next week, we'll lose by 30. The pick was just an errant throw by Flacco.

3. Has Sanchez improved? Nope. He looked like a fan who had been selected in a contest to start the game 20 minutes before kickoff. He has no confidence, he sulks, has no ability to feel the pocket or to improvise. Next week should be fun.

4. Will Kyle Wilson be a key defender in the slot? Nope. Looked pretty bad in his first game. Of course, he could get better but can be considered a JAG right now. Don't know why he kept getting terrible matchups all night but will get eaten alive by Welker next week.

5. Will Jenkins be a factor this year. My money is on: nope. Have a nice life KJ.

6.Has the pass rush improved? Nope. It still takes at least 6 guys to bring any kind of reliable pressure. Unless you mean the Ravens' D-- they seemed to get the QB whenever they needed to. which brings me to:

7. Will Offensive line protection be good? Nope. Woody has lost a step and Slaussen just looks lost. Why was he singled up on Ngata while Mangold was doubling a nobody?

Week 2 will answer the biggest question of all: Is Rex Ryan a football coach capable of bringing a team to the Superbowl, or a fat loudmouth who knows how to run a defense.

Geez, why don't you make us feel a little worse than we already are. :(

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;3732174]What's really disappointing is not the result, but that virtually every question I had going into the season was answered with a big "Hell no" in week one.

1. Will the running game be as good? Maybe. Tomlinson will be fine -- but let's not forget how brittle he has been in the past. Right now, Greene is a huge problem. Because of his benching tonight, he appears to have no confidence, the look on his face just before he dropped that swing pass on 2nd and 3 said it all -- the fumbles are in his head. If they go to LT too much as a result he will not finish the season.

2. Will Cromartie be a shut down corner? Nope. Looked like he could barely play even against Housh whose been on the roster, what, 6 days? If he looks like that next week, we'll lose by 30. The pick was just an errant throw by Flacco.

3. Has Sanchez improved? Nope. He looked like a fan who had been selected in a contest to start the game 20 minutes before kickoff. He has no confidence, he sulks, has no ability to feel the pocket or to improvise. Next week should be fun.

4. Will Kyle Wilson be a key defender in the slot? Nope. Looked pretty bad in his first game. Of course, he could get better but can be considered a JAG right now. Don't know why he kept getting terrible matchups all night but will get eaten alive by Welker next week.

5. Will Jenkins be a factor this year. My money is on: nope. Have a nice life KJ.

6.Has the pass rush improved? Nope. It still takes at least 6 guys to bring any kind of reliable pressure. Unless you mean the Ravens' D-- they seemed to get the QB whenever they needed to. which brings me to:

7. Will Offensive line protection be good? Nope. Woody has lost a step and Slaussen just looks lost. Why was he singled up on Ngata while Mangold was doubling a nobody?

Week 2 will answer the biggest question of all: Is Rex Ryan a football coach capable of bringing a team to the Superbowl, or a fat loudmouth who knows how to run a defense.[/QUOTE]

You Definitely had too much to drink tonight....

1. LT will be fine is true and the rest is also...Greene needs to hold on to the ball and get it together he will be fine as long as he stays healthy

2. Crowe played pretty well considering the Refs blew a bunch of calls on him and he had that pick due to pretty damn good coverage and shear athletic talent

3. Sanchez should have had the moxy to call some Pass audibles than running the ball and he actually played pretty well and made smart decisions. Keller had brain farts and missed two huge plays that would have helped Sanchezs confidence as well as the offenses. Shotty needs to help Mark and be on the same page and stop being afraid to let his QB let him air it out.

4. Wilson played excellent tonight for his first start despite the 2 penalties he took. he has all the skills you need and will develop into something special.

5. Jenkins is 50-50 from what i saw and if he is done than his career is over and sione pahuoa played pretty damn good, remember we didn't have jenks most of last season also...(my opinion make a deal and get Fat Albert here if Jenks is gone, he will thrive with what looks to be a sick D).

6. Our D line pressured more this game than i saw all of last season in a single game and made me feel it can only get better...just keep the guys fresh and we will be pretty good there.

7. First game showed that we need a little work on the O line and Slausen played alright strictly and you maybe right here but its the first game first start and the cohesion will come soon hopefully. the guy has the talent to play and just needs to be coached up....

We need to capitalize on turnovers which we did not do tonight and need better play calling witch hopefully will change after they watch the tape and tune it up. Next week is a challenge and our D played pretty damn well and next week is no cake walk but our D needs to step it up a big notch to make it competitive and hold our own to get a win. I will be at the game next week and better be rocking like last year pressure Brady and get it done.

...Sanchez needs to be smart again and we need to jam it into the end zone when we get turnovers and not settle for 3 we, need 6. We need the play calling to be stronger and build up our guys confidence and get the damn ball in the end zone and no more stupid penalties which killed us all night....I have a lot of faith in this team thi9s season and although the loss was disappointing we will come back strong and with a heavy hand no doubt in my mind....Lets do it next week fellas...

J-E-T-S JETS ! JETS! JETS! :D

[QUOTE=BigJet85;3732204]You Definitely had too much to drink tonight....

1. LT will be fine is true and the rest is also...Greene needs to hold on to the ball and get it together he will be fine as long as he stays healthy

2. Crowe played pretty well considering the Refs blew a bunch of calls on him and he had that pick due to pretty damn good coverage and shear athletic talent

3. Sanchez should have had the moxy to call some Pass audibles than running the ball and he actually played pretty well and made smart decisions. Keller had brain farts and missed two huge plays that would have helped Sanchezs confidence as well as the offenses. Shotty needs to help Mark and be on the same page and stop being afraid to let his QB let him air it out.

4. Wilson played excellent tonight for his first start despite the 2 penalties he took. he has all the skills you need and will develop into something special.

5. Jenkins is 50-50 from what i saw and if he is done than his career is over and sione pahuoa played pretty damn good, remember we didn't have jenks most of last season also...(my opinion make a deal and get Fat Albert here if Jenks is gone, he will thrive with what looks to be a sick D).

6. Our D line pressured more this game than i saw all of last season in a single game and made me feel it can only get better...just keep the guys fresh and we will be pretty good there.

7. First game showed that we need a little work on the O line and Slausen played alright strictly and you maybe right here but its the first game first start and the cohesion will come soon hopefully. the guy has the talent to play and just needs to be coached up....

We need to capitalize on turnovers which we did not do tonight and need better play calling witch hopefully will change after they watch the tape and tune it up. Next week is a challenge and our D played pretty damn well and next week is no cake walk but our D needs to step it up a big notch to make it competitive and hold our own to get a win. I will be at the game next week and better be rocking like last year pressure Brady and get it done.

...Sanchez needs to be smart again and we need to jam it into the end zone when we get turnovers and not settle for 3 we, need 6. We need the play calling to be stronger and build up our guys confidence and get the damn ball in the end zone and no more stupid penalties which killed us all night....I have a lot of faith in this team thi9s season and although the loss was disappointing we will come back strong and with a heavy hand no doubt in my mind....Lets do it next week fellas...

J-E-T-S JETS ! JETS! JETS! :D[/QUOTE]

Slauson played tremendous, other than on 3rd down on the second to last drive when Ngata threw him around like a rag doll and singlehandedly got Sanchez sacked and ended the drive, and got us that much closer to having no chance to win the game. other than that, Slauson was great. i would've been just as useful as Slauson was on the Ngata, which is a really a great quality to have for a player who is replacing a hall of famer at the same position.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;3732174]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Agree.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Agree. Cromartie looked terrible. No technique.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]LOL. agree. I'm so sick of Sanchez and his ways.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Don't agree. Wilson looked pretty good. It's his first real NFL action, and he never really got beat. That PI call was complete bull, he had better technique on the ball than Cromartie did on passes thrown his way[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Agree. Too bad we've seen the last football of Jenkin's career tonight. A real shame, he was a huge leader on defense.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Disagree. Pass rush actually looked ok...not great, but ok.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Disagree. Offensive line was fine.[/COLOR]

I will grant you that the loss of Jenkins is not the end of the world, but it kinda kills whatever chance there was of this being a historic defense.

Astoria, just didn't see it with the O-line. Run blocking was OK & Slausson didn't stick out like a sore thumb, but their performance blocking in obvious passing situations was below average.

I will grant you that the loss of Jenkins is not the end of the world, but it kinda kills whatever chance there was of this being a historic defense.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    i just think there was a lot of positive and the D played very well and when the refs called some Bs penalties on Crow it made him lose confidence and probablyy contributed to his miscues on technique. i think he played well and Revis should have switched with wilson on some plays and that is lack of communication on the coaches and D signal callers....

Sanchez heed to grab the O by the buts and needs to run it like he is payed to own it which he is and stop being afraid ...the outcome would have been different in my mind if they had the confidence to allow Mark to change a couple plays and possibly get us in the right formation and play set.

Like I infered before it's a situation of learning and confidence and i think many adjustments will be made before next weekends game. a lot of points were valid from above but i feel some were much better than stated.

All League
    our d let up 60 points right?

Rookie
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;3732174]What's really disappointing is not the result, but that virtually every question I had going into the season was answered with a big "Hell no" in week one.

Week 2 will answer the biggest question of all: Is Rex Ryan a football coach capable of bringing a team to the Superbowl, or a fat loudmouth who knows how to run a defense.[/QUOTE]

get it the game mf

LT looked good out there tonight (maybe he should have had over 20 carries because he was moving the ball).

Wilson will improve as the season goes on; I blame the coaching staff more than Wilson because he should have never been in Iso coverage on their #1 receiver!!

Sanchez looked like complete garbage as did the play calling so if you want to take his head off you better put Schitty under the guillotine with him.

Jenkins injury scares the hell out of me because we really don't have a replacement for him (our front line dominance and pressure vanished as soon as he left the field). I'm still praying that he is out a week or so and back on the field because if it's a season ender he will be retiring.

Pass Rush looked anemic but this has a lot to do with Jenkins going down as well.

The O-Line is going to be a problem. Slauson won the competition by default because of his knowledge of the season but that guy sucks a$$ and was clowned all night!!

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3732251]LT looked good out there tonight (maybe he should have had over 20 carries because he was moving the ball).

Wilson will improve as the season goes on; I blame the coaching staff more than Wilson because he should have never been in Iso coverage on their #1 receiver!!

Sanchez looked like complete garbage as did the play calling so if you want to take his head off [B]you better put Schitty under the guillotine with him.
    [/B]
    Jenkins injury scares the hell out of me because we really don't have a replacement for him (our front line dominance and pressure vanished as soon as he left the field). I'm still praying that he is out a week or so and back on the field because if it's a season ender he will be retiring.

Pass Rush looked anemic but this has a lot to do with Jenkins going down as well.

The O-Line is going to be a problem. Slauson won the competition by default because of his knowledge of the season but that guy sucks a$$ andn was clowned all night!![/QUOTE]

Brian Schottenheimer is the George W Bush of football: A serial failure who is the product of nepotism from a family whose legacy wasn't that great to begin with. He's had some good games, but yesterday's performance and especially the final drive was laughable.

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3732241]our d let up 60 points right?[/QUOTE]

The D wasn't an off-season question mark. It had beter not become one or we lose 10 games.

Defensive front was fine but without a pure pass rushing linebacker you have to scheme blitz which genrally has to come from the outside and is slow to develop and any QB with mobility will step away from. If the secondary does not improve dramatically the Brady's and Mannings of the world are going to light this team up.

Half of the secondary looks like swiss cheese out there

Sanchez is nowhere near ready to command this team. The Jets obviously have no confidence in his ability to play on the fly and have drilled into his head a robotic method of play where the check down reciever is automatically the primary reciever. Close ups during the fourth quater showed a kid that looked on the verge of tears.

Remeber those "boring" but consistent 3.5 yard gains Thomas Jones got every
    year? Jets are going to miss that this year.

Special teams are outstanding. Westoff gets the most out of his guys.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;3732261]Brian Schottenheimer is the George W Bush of football: A serial failure who is the product of nepotism from a family whose legacy wasn't that great to begin with. He's had some good games, but yesterday's performance and especially the final drive was laughable.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately you have a ton of fans on here who really have Zero football knowledge who will blame every player on offense before they admit that Schotty is a hack!

Practice Squad
    a big question mark before the game was #50. how did he do? I certainly saw him out there but didn't really isolate on him much so can't say. anyone? I know he did have one nice tackle on ST.

a question before the game was John Conner. was he able to take out Lewis? Looked to me like it was the other way around and Lewis had a great play on T-Rich near the end of the game that blew one of our runs.

did Edwards have any big drops?

did Taylor do a good job of filling in for Pace? (PS: lets give some credit to Thomas on the other side. Had a great game)

Practice Squad
    oh, how can I forget, the second biggest pre-game question (just short of Sanchez's performance) was how would Revis do considering how he missed the pre-season. He was a shutdown.

There is no doubt they he will be on top of his man next week.