Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottom Line...14 Penalties

Bottom Line...14 Penalties

You cannot win a football game committing 14 penalties.

The Ravens sole TD drive was a penalty fest by the Jets... Edwards running into the kicker..... Wilson holding in the end zone,...etc.

The best offensive play the Jets made last night was Sanchez hitting Keller in the seem of the defense for large gain and a 1st down on the Ravens 5 yard line but was wiped out by an illegal shift penalty.

We can point fingers all we want (some with merit), but the bottom line was the Jets beat themselves!

We have to be more discipline next week against the Pats!

This team has no discipline and lacks focus.

I blame Rex - can't be the teams best friend and expect them to play smart football

[QUOTE=fidelioion;3732258]This team has no discipline and lacks focus.

I blame Rex - can't be the teams best friend and expect them to play smart football[/QUOTE]
    You hit it on the nose.

why does Braylon need to be in there in the first place? it was a long field goal attempt- the Ravens had a good chance to miss it (they ultimately wouldn't have, though). why even take the risk of running into or roughing the kicker, when the chance of blocking the kick are miniscule, and he has a great chance to outright miss it in the first place. whoever made the decision to put Braylon in on that play made a dumb call. instead of being 6-3 and getting the ball back, it became 7-6, and all of a sudden it felt eerily like a lot of games that have been played in SOJ past, where we've dominated up to a point, only to be left open by the fact that we had a less than TD lead.

[QUOTE=Pretzel M & M;3732267]why does Braylon need to be in there in the first place? it was a long field goal attempt- the Ravens had a good chance to miss it (they ultimately wouldn't have, though). why even take the risk of running into or roughing the kicker, when the chance of blocking the kick are miniscule, and he has a great chance to outright miss it in the first place. whoever made the decision to put Braylon in on that play made a dumb call. instead of being 6-3 and getting the ball back, it became 7-6, and all of a sudden it felt eerily like a lot of games that have been played in SOJ past, where we've dominated up to a point, only to be left open by the fact that we had a less than TD lead.[/QUOTE]

Because there's no discipline. The team does what it wants. Your best receiver tells you he wants to be on FG Block every other coach in the NFL says ABSOLUTELY NOT - you focus on getting open...

Instead we get bad special teams play AND a receiver that can't get open.

The Jets are the team to piss on this year -

just look at the trumped up sexual harrassment non story where the supposed tearful victim wasn't even aware she was a victim until the next day when she read it in the paper -

and what you get are a bunch of hostile refs throwing game changing flags on Jet players for BS stuff like the Edwards call.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3732254]You cannot win a football game committing 14 penalties.

The Ravens sole TD drive was a penalty fest by the Jets... Edwards running into the kicker..... Wilson holding in the end zone,...etc.

The best offensive play the Jets made last night was Sanchez hitting Keller in the seem of the defense for large gain and a 1st down on the Ravens 5 yard line but was wiped out by an illegal shift penalty.

We can point fingers all we want (some with merit), but the bottom line was the Jets beat themselves!

We have to be more discipline next week against the Pats![/QUOTE]

Part of it, but the D held to 10, O makes 6 rather than a 3, we win. The O has to do better than that, much.

VERY undisciplined offense. They thought they had an open check last night, as though they could do anything they wanted and get away with it.

But, Cromartie is the worst. That guy couldn't cover a statue. I'm willing to give Wilson a pass but Cro was the bulk of the problem on defense.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Pretzel M & M;3732267]why does Braylon need to be in there in the first place? it was a long field goal attempt- the Ravens had a good chance to miss it (they ultimately wouldn't have, though). why even take the risk of running into or roughing the kicker, when the chance of blocking the kick are miniscule, and he has a great chance to outright miss it in the first place. whoever made the decision to put Braylon in on that play made a dumb call. instead of being 6-3 and getting the ball back, it became 7-6, and all of a sudden it felt eerily like a lot of games that have been played in SOJ past, where we've dominated up to a point, only to be left open by the fact that we had a less than TD lead.[/QUOTE]

Because you put your incredible atheletes in positions to make game changing plays.
    If he blocks that you're calling the coaching staff genius. The play worked excellently, he just wasn't able to get his hand on the ball.

Besides, that running into the kicker call was crap. Most of the penalties weren't, but that sure was.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3732289]VERY undisciplined offense. They thought they had an open check last night, as though they could do anything they wanted and get away with it.

But, Cromartie is the worst. That guy couldn't cover a statue. I'm willing to give Wilson a pass but [B]Cro was the bulk of the problem on defense[/B].[/QUOTE]

Cro was feast or fathom. He either was called for holding or had good coverage. He also had a nice pick and return.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3732779]Cro was feast or fathom. He either was called for holding or had good coverage. He also had a nice pick and return.[/QUOTE]

Just nit picking here, but it seemed like Leonhard had a chance to block Flacco on that return, and if he did, Cro may have been off to the races.

On the pick and the first fumble, I was really hoping that they would score on those plays so the O wouldn't have to. :mad:

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3732254]You cannot win a football game committing 14 penalties.

We have to be more discipline next week against the Pats![/QUOTE]

/close thread and week 1.

We won this game. The zebras took this away from us.

PI's have nothing to do with discipline. Specially against a crew known for calling BS PI's.

Both Braylon penalties where HUGE and were horrible calls. Think about it. The first one cost us a possession at the 5 yard line. The second one led to their only TD chance.

[QUOTE=fidelioion;3732258]This team has no discipline and lacks focus.

I blame Rex - can't be the teams best friend and expect them to play smart football[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Penalties = Poor coaching.

Perhaps Dennis Thurman should have been paying more attention to his DBs instead of Ines Sainz

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3732798]/close thread and week 1.

We won this game. The zebras took this away from us.[/QUOTE]

That is how losers talk.

We earned most of those penalties.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah, penalties were a major culprit in the loss.

But our slapdick offense lead by Schittenheimer didn't exactly do us any favors. Stop trying to neuter Sanchez and let the damn kid play. And stop with the smoke and mirrors. We pull out this wildcat sh*t at the worst possible times.

3rd and 4 and we have B. Smith behind center. Why exactly? Everyone and their mother knows we're running it with Brad when he's lined up at QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

The flag on Braylon hitting the kicker was BS. So was the one on Wilson in the end-zone. The rest were legit. Cromartie had three PI's I think? Can't have that. And D'Brick had two, a false start and a holding call.

Look, we as fans can call for heads to roll and scream to the heavens.

The coaching staff has to analyze the film in detail and translate that analysis into tangible actions for the players. I'll reserve my panic for a little while yet...

[QUOTE=C Mart;3732817]Bingo!

[B]Penalties = Poor coaching.[/B]

Perhaps Dennis Thurman should have been paying more attention to his DBs instead of Ines Sainz[/QUOTE]

The CS does has to take the blame for this...and it starts with Rex.

Now...does Brady and the Pats send Gisele BŁndchen over to Jets practices to interview players and coaches;)

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3732884]The flag on Braylon hitting the kicker was BS. So was the one on Wilson in the end-zone. The rest were legit. Cromartie had three PI's I think? Can't have that. And D'Brick had two, a false start and a holding call.[/QUOTE]

The last holding call on Cro was the worst of the game IMO.