Thread: Time for...

Time for...

Sanchez to call his own plays. Schotty doesn't what he has in him. We saw through Hard Knocks how well Sanchez did when he called the plays vs Philly. It was so blah and predictable w/ Schotty last night, but watching them actually throw the ball around was exciting. It might have been preseason, but why can't we do that now?

:rotfl: This might actually work better than you think.

You can't have that but you do have to take the play calling duties away from Schotty.

He has no feel for a football game - I honestly think it would be irresponsible of Rex Ryan to allow Schotty to continue to call the plays.

[QUOTE=fidelioion;3732273]You can't have that but you do have to take the play calling duties away from Schotty.

He has no feel for a football game - I honestly think it would be irresponsible of Rex Ryan to allow Schotty to continue to call the plays.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Add to that that his system completely sucks and you have a winner! I actually had to explain to a buddy of mine last night that all the shifts and presnap movement was by design (he couldn't understand why you would move the entire play around instead of just reversing the play and leaving the players in place. This was also called out by the announcers).

My buddy has been coaching football for 13 years (I've been coaching for 8) and when I explained that all the BS movement was to try to confuse the defense he flat out said "That is the most retarded thing I've ever seen"!!!

His system is a gimmack and does not work!!

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3732282]Bingo! Add to that that his system completely sucks and you have a winner! I actually had to explain to a buddy of mine last night that all the shifts and presnap movement was by design (he couldn't understand why you would move the entire play around instead of just reversing the play and leaving the players in place. This was also called out by the announcers).

My buddy has been coaching football for 13 years (I've been coaching for 8) and when I explained that all the BS movement was to try to confuse the defense he flat out said "That is the most retarded thing I've ever seen"!!!

His system is a gimmack and does not work!![/QUOTE]

I've been saying this for years with this guy - Complicated doesn't mean better.

Sometimes less is more....

Practice Squad
    I wonder what the disagreement was between Sanchez and Shotty near the end of the game. Did Sanchez end up calling the play that Shotty wanted? Would Sanchez's idea have worked better?

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    it seemed that sanchez and shotty were not on the same page the whole game. did you notice sanchez looking at the sidelines with his hands up in the air like WTF?

All League
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3732420]it seemed that sanchez and shotty were not on the same page the whole game. [B]did you notice sanchez looking at the sidelines with his hands up in the air like WTF[/B]?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the headset crap in the helmet wasn't working, hence the WTF look.

I think the problem is they scared the shyt out of Snachez to even think of trying anything even remotely risky, hence all the dump offs. Almost looked like a Pennington-esque offense last night....

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=Big L;3732425]I was thinking the headset crap in the helmet wasn't working, hence the WTF look.

I think the problem is they scared the shyt out of Snachez to even think of trying anything even remotely risky, hence all the dump offs. Almost looked like a Pennington-esque offense last night....[/QUOTE]
    i think you are right. he definately wasnt taking any shots down field and all the dump offs werent converting 3 downs.