Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium...Better Experience

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

New Stadium...Better Experience

I will say other than my seats being the first row on the 40 yard line, Ravens Side...There is nothing that makes it better...

Replay Boards - I am renaming them Advertising Boards cause that is all they show

Verizon is a sponsor of the stadium - Yet there is no Cell Service, do you think the Jets can charge me a little more so I can use my cell phone?

Walkways - It's amazing that enterence and steps aren't wide enough for two people to walk at the same time.

More Concession Stands for shorter lines - you can have more, but when the workers are spending more time talking to each other than serving people the lines form (not to mention the pricing on everything is ridiculous)

Good thing they thought this through and built a great new stadium...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed Green;3732315]IWalkways - It's amazing that enterence and steps aren't wide enough for two people to walk at the same time.

[/QUOTE]

Doubt that will be much of a problem from here on in.

:)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    - parking lots full

- take a leak, get a beer 1/2 hour

- one guy pouring beer in Verizon end zone (9.75 Brooklyn Lager no less)

- miss intros

- miss anthem

- miss kickoff

- walkway around Verizon area blocked after game

a whole new miserable experience, the only thing different about attending games here is it's a lot more expensive and my seats aren't as good as they were for 20+ years.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed Green;3732315]

Verizon is a sponsor of the stadium - Yet there is no Cell Service, do you think the Jets can charge me a little more so I can use my cell phone?

[/QUOTE]

What cell service did you have?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3732329]- parking lots full

- miss intros

- miss anthem

- miss kickoff

a whole new miserable experience, the only thing different about attending games here is it's a lot more expensive and my seats aren't as good as they were for 20+ years.[/QUOTE]

Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln...how was the play?

:eek:

;):D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3732331]Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln...how was the play?

:eek:

;):D[/QUOTE]
    lol...

Woody must hear these things

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3732329]- parking lots full

- miss intros

- miss anthem

- miss kickoff

a whole new miserable experience, the only thing different about attending games here is it's a lot more expensive and my seats aren't as good as they were for 20+ years.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion....an ATROCIOUS experience at the stadium, and im saying that even though I thought the view from Upper Prime was great.

The bathroom situation in the UD was awful....1000 times worse then the old stadium. Literally went back to my seat and just waited until the second half started.

Had to wait in line every time for beer....the people working those stands were very slow, and one of them couldnt be more then 19 years old, he was very overwhelmed.

Walking from the stadium to Parking Lot B was awful...going as far out of the way as possible, people crammed in, and ZERO organization by the stadium employees.

The stadium is very far from sold out...many people i spoke to in my section were not season ticket holders.

One thing for other fans though....we walked down the steps from the UD to get out of the stadium and it seemed like that was quicker then using the escalators.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does the team have a winning season?
    Does the team make the playoffs?
    Does the team win the SB?

Everything else who gives a $hit.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mezz B endzone seats on bud light corner. The concessions are a ghost town. Actually so uncrowded I was afraid the food I was buying would be old or stale, sitting around forever since NOBODY was down there. so that's a big positive.

Bathroom closet to our seats is tiny and only one door - no exit door. Brilliant design.

Exiting is a mess. Need to find a better way. We walked but by the time you get the 100 level people coming it's a crawl to get out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    While we're at it, how about the actual seats themselves? I have a MezzA seat. Much tighter than at Giants Stadium, and less leg room in front of you. I'm 6'0, 200 lbs, so I'm no fatty, and I felt like a sardine inside a can(seated between two other average guys). And come late fall and winter, when we'll be wearing heavier, bulkier and warmer clothing, it's going to be even worse. At Giants Stadium, I could leave my Upper Deck seat and walk down my row without anyone having to get up. For a $4000 PSL, I expected a lot more out of this. What I was given was a small, dirty bathroom, more expensive food and beer, and a less comfortable seat. And a crappy football game didn't help matters either.

Also, the escalators at the Pepsi Tower. Really? I have to get off at the lower concourse, walk through 3 concession stands before I can turn a corner to get the escalator to go upstairs, because you decide to gate off what looks like a direct walkway to the next escalator? Ugh.

One other bone of contention that I had. Opening day, and no gameday program? Was looking forward to buying one as a keepsake, and nada.

So, sadly, I do not like this stadium.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I liked:

-the rail service (first time using it and will do so again for any MNF game)
    -unlike other posters I found the bathroom much less crowded (Upper Level-340)
    -unlike Giant Stadium, the concessions were less crowded and had more choices (although I very rarely use the concessions)

What I didnt like:
    - The stadium did not illuminate green. The green lights outside gave off a dull green haze which you couldnt see as you distanced yourself from the stadium.
    - It looks like a generic stadium which gets dressed up for the current game (unlike the other new arenas Yankee Stadium, Citifield (to a lesser degree), Pru center where you know who the stadium was built for)
    - The huge screens show very little replays, mostly just ads
    - The scoreboard kept Sundays game posted with no updates on the Mets/Yankees games--I'm a Met fan and was irked with no updates on a huge Yankee game
    - only occassionally did they announce who made the defensive play, which was always done at GS, with a higher UL, they should announce the players involved on both sides of the ball.
    - On exiting, the escalators are excrutiatingly slow.
    - Its opening day, coming off an AFC Champ game in a brand new stadium and its filled with Ravens fans. This and next week are the high demand games of the year and so it should be nothing but green and white. I cant wait to see how many Raider/Cowboy/Steeler fans show up for a mid November game. Unless last night was an aberration, this is what happens when you price out your fan base.
    -Continuing on the above, despite the "help" of the Ravens fans, there were many empty seats in the Mezz level. If this is the case for such a high demand game, what happens if the Jets go 8-8 or worse. The place will be a ghosttown with PSL holders obligated to pay for overpriced tix.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was great.

[U]Huge[/U] upgrade over the old stadium.

Of course, I actually go to watch the game - not get beer, piss, and talk on my cell phone. So, my experience my have been different than yours.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3732623]I thought it was great.

[U]Huge[/U] upgrade over the old stadium.

Of course, I actually go to watch the game - not get beer, piss, and talk on my cell phone. So, my experience my have been different than yours.[/QUOTE]

So how was watching the game any better in this stadium than the old one? Because it looked pretty much the same inside and those big video screens show more adds than action.

Just more expensive.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So after reading multiple times about how exiting the stadium is brutal my question is this; How many games into the season will it be when we find the place is half empty five minutes into the fourth quarter? The more things change the more they stay the same.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3732636]So how was watching the game any better in this stadium than the old one? Because it looked pretty much the same inside and those big video screens show more adds than action.

Just more expensive.[/QUOTE]

I was very impressed with the new stadium.

- Very easy to get in and out. Coming from CT, arrived at 4:30 and hit no traffic coming or leaving. Was on 17N within 3 minutes of getting in the car after the game.

- Felt like a "real" home game. If I didn't know it was a shared stadium, it never would have occurred to me. Place was green and white all over. All Jets everywhere you looked. Screens are great. Ring of Honor looked great. We finally have a real home field.

- Crowd was loud. A lot of Raven fans (maybe 10% of the crowd), but I think that was a unique MNF thing.

- Concourses were much wider than old stadium. At 6:30 or so they weren't allowing anyone in the seats due to the storm, which meant you had 75,000 or so people in the concourse areas at the same time. At least where I was (148), it never got overly crowded, was orderly, you could move around - even get food with minimal wait.

- Not sure what you guys are talking about regarding replays. I saw every replay I wanted to see.

HUGE upgrade over the old place!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3732345]lol...

Woody must hear these things[/QUOTE]

People should email and call their Ticket Rep and let them know!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3732650]People should email and call their Ticket Rep and let them know!![/QUOTE]

All ticket reps have been laid off until spring. Haven't you notice the absence of the most prolific poster on this site today?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect112row36;3732600]- Its opening day, coming off an AFC Champ game in a brand new stadium and its filled with Ravens fans. This and next week are the high demand games of the year and so it should be nothing but green and white. I cant wait to see how many Raider/Cowboy/Steeler fans show up for a mid November game. Unless last night was an aberration, this is what happens when you price out your fan base.
    [/QUOTE]
    I'd be willing to bet this is only going to get worse. All of the PSL holders that sell their tickets on the open market have no idea which fan is buying them. With the days of the ticket broker apparently fading into the past and cheaper tickets available, this will become common at Jets and Giants games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect112row36;3732600]What I liked:

-the rail service (first time using it and will do so again for any MNF game)
    -unlike other posters I found the bathroom much less crowded (Upper Level-340)
    -unlike Giant Stadium, the concessions were less crowded and had more choices (although I very rarely use the concessions)

What I didnt like:
    [B]- The stadium did not illuminate green. The green lights outside gave off a dull green haze which you couldnt see as you distanced yourself from the stadium.
    - It looks like a generic stadium which gets dressed up for the current game (unlike the other new arenas Yankee Stadium, Citifield (to a lesser degree), Pru center where you know who the stadium was built for)[/B]
    - The huge screens show very little replays, mostly just ads
    - [B]The scoreboard kept Sundays game posted with no updates on the Mets/Yankees games--I'm a Met fan and was irked with no updates on a huge Yankee game[/B]
    - only occassionally did they announce who made the defensive play, which was always done at GS, with a higher UL, they should announce the players involved on both sides of the ball.
    - On exiting, the escalators are excrutiatingly slow.
    - Its opening day, coming off an AFC Champ game in a brand new stadium and its filled with Ravens fans. This and next week are the high demand games of the year and so it should be nothing but green and white. I cant wait to see how many Raider/Cowboy/Steeler fans show up for a mid November game. Unless last night was an aberration, this is what happens when you price out your fan base.
    -[B]Continuing on the above, despite the "help" of the Ravens fans, there were many empty seats in the Mezz level. If this is the case for such a high demand game, what happens if the Jets go 8-8 or worse. The place will be a ghosttown with PSL holders obligated to pay for overpriced tix[/B].[/QUOTE]

It illuminated green on TV..

It's supposed to be generic. It's being shared by two teams to customize it to each team's preference on gameday

You are at a football game. Hence football info and scores.

Giant fans were complaining about the same thing Sunday so it's not isolated to the Jets...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I donít like the stadium, but I hate the Jets employees!!!

We were denied at the gate and told we had to go to the ticket window. The three of us approached the window to find 5-6 employees lounging and chatting. I handed them my tickets and asked for help because I didnít want to miss the opening, but we couldnít hear what they were saying. Their mike was not working and the stadium announcement was directly over the window. I asked to speak face to face, but was denied. She said I didnít sign my PSL contract and that I couldnít get in to any game. I tried to tell them I signed it electronically and that I was already at both preseason games. Her reply ďI donít know what to tell youÖĒ I asked to speak to the person in charge and she told me that I they would say the same thing.

So my brother and I started taking pictures of everyone sitting around and asking for their names. They all of sudden starting moving and sent both the security team and the state troopers over. The security guy was really cool an tried to help us out by finding the manager. The trooper, typical NJ Trooper D*ck! He comes over and starts screaming on the three of us that he could look us up right now! Idiot didnít even realize he was talking to a copy (My cousin).

Long story short, we had to walk around the stadium to another gate where we were met with more attitudes. The guy at the window offered no explanation of what was going on after 15 minutes.

Long story short, after 45 minutes to an hour of BS, we are let in without an explanation of why were denied. The head ticket guy said sorry for the confusion you can go it. We missed the pre-game, opening kick-off and the first few plays. I really feel like I made a mistake buying these f-ing tickets.