Thread: Jets hangover

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets hangover

Welcome to the world of long suffering Jets fans !

Against a secondary that was missing two of it's starters Sanchez looked like a deer caught in the lights of an oncoming Hummer named Ray Lewis. Once again the Jet receivers could either not get open or Sanchez did not have the confidence to throw to them on a game plan that was more conservative than far right Republicans.

Schotty might have thought that by establishing the running game it would open up the passing game but the Ravens put 8 men in the box with a secondary of 2nd stringers essentially saying to the Jets "go ahead, we dare you to throw it".
    As for penalties? What do you expect from a head coach who doesn't even have the disapline to watch what he eats ?

The Jet's gambled that by signing a couple of players they could get to the SB but they forgot to look at the fact that last year they needed a lot of help from other teams to get to the playoffs.

While I am no saying that Schotty has to go as of yet it's obvious that someone needs to open the offensive faucet and let it flow and show take some of the pressure off Sanchez so he can also have fun and not have to shoulder the whole teams performance.

Next week the Pats are going to dare Sanchez to throw just as the Ravens did and Brady is going to be throwing a lot. The Jets and their fans know this but how they respond to adversity will show the fans if they are ready to become a better team or go to 0-2 while the ghosts of "same ol Jets" start to appear

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All you need to know about Sanchez

Was shown when he slid on that scramble in the 1st quarter, which led to the first FG I believe. He should have been a man and dove for the 1st down. The crowd would have lost their minds and it would have shown he was ready to be the man and win, both to the team and the fans. Please don't give me that injury bull**** either. This kid doesn't have the "it" factor to be an elite QB in the NFL.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;3732482]Was shown when he slid on that scramble in the 1st quarter, which led to the first FG I believe. He should have been a man and dove for the 1st down. The crowd would have lost their minds and it would have shown he was ready to be the man and win, both to the team and the fans. Please don't give me that injury bull**** either. This kid doesn't have the "it" factor to be an elite QB in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

As someone stated in the other thread, last year he dove head first all the time and caught hell from coaches, fans and media. In our current situation an injured Sanchez is worse than a healthy one. Geez.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I had a dream last night I was in a hotel lobby and saw Rex. It was today, the day after the debacle. I looked at Rex and said "I'm still pissed." He didn't say anything, just looked disgusted.

I can't believe I even dream about this stuff!!!! :(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we thought the wait to finally get to last nights game was long..this week is going to be the longest week ever..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh My!

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;3732431]Welcome to the world of long suffering Jets fans !

Against a secondary that was missing two of it's starters Sanchez looked like a deer caught in the lights of an oncoming Hummer named Ray Lewis. Once again the Jet receivers could either not get open or Sanchez did not have the confidence to throw to them on a game plan that was more conservative than far right Republicans.

Schotty might have thought that by establishing the running game it would open up the passing game but the Ravens put 8 men in the box with a secondary of 2nd stringers essentially saying to the Jets "go ahead, we dare you to throw it".
    As for penalties? What do you expect from a head coach who doesn't even have the disapline to watch what he eats ?

The Jet's gambled that by signing a couple of players they could get to the SB but they forgot to look at the fact that last year they needed a lot of help from other teams to get to the playoffs.

While I am no saying that Schotty has to go as of yet it's obvious that someone needs to open the offensive faucet and let it flow and show take some of the pressure off Sanchez so he can also have fun and not have to shoulder the whole teams performance.

Next week the Pats are going to dare Sanchez to throw just as the Ravens did and Brady is going to be throwing a lot. The Jets and their fans know this but how they respond to adversity will show the fans if they are ready to become a better team or go to 0-2 while the ghosts of "same ol Jets" start to appear[/QUOTE]

Jets had their 15 minutes of fame last season. See what happens next week! :yes: It's going to be a beat down, Tom Brady style ;)