Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I really can't blame Sanchez

I really can't blame Sanchez

1. Aside from chucking it up to a single covered boldin a few times and drawing some questionable PIs, Flacco, with his "all-world" weapons (ray rice, todd heap, Q, Housh, and Mason) wasn't much better. The only time the Ravens got close to scoring a TD was after a complete crap penatly on a FG attempt. This was a defensive grudge match and no offense was going to play well.

2. We couldn't really run the ball effectively.

3. Pass protection was suspect at best. Even when the Ravens were dropping everything in coverage sanchez had very little time to stand in the pocket.

4. The Braylon motion penatly, the cotch drop, the non call PI on the cotch deep play, the green drop, the green fumble, there were so many plays from other players that killed any momentum the kid was tyring to build.

5. Dumb penalties by the offensive line. You can't blame it on audibles, these guys are pro bowlers who should not be making these mistakes. In a tough defensive game, these sort of penalties kill your rhythm and make it much more difficult on a run first team.

6. At least he didn't turn the ball over.

Our defense dominated and the offense struggled. The story was the same for both sides, except the Ravens got a few PI calls and a penalty on a FG attempt allowed them to score a TD. We lost by 1 point against what many think is the best team in the NFL. For some reason the Ravens are spectacular and the Jets are doomed?

I guess I'm alone here. :(

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Chupa;3732608]I guess I'm alone here. :([/QUOTE]
    nope, I agree...

Also anytime Sanchez dropped back it was a jail break. Ngata almost killed him on one play and he was in the backfield as if he had been shot out of a canon. Our OL has to play better the rest of the way or it will be a long season. Did we try to run outside of the tackles at all? Did we go downfield, aside from the great throw to keller that was brought back, did we even try a screen pass in the face of that rush? Screen passes should be no brainers with LT on the team. Get the ball in Braylon's hands at least until Holmes returns.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3732640]nope, I agree...

Also anytime Sanchez dropped back it was a jail break. Ngata almost killed him on one play and he was in the backfield as if he had been shot out of a canon. Our OL has to play better the rest of the way or it will be a long season. Did we try to run outside of the tackles at all? Did we go downfield, aside from the great throw to keller that was brought back, did we even try a screen pass in the face of that rush? Screen passes should be no brainers with LT on the team. Get the ball in Braylon's hands at least until Holmes returns.[/QUOTE]

I thought Sanchez had a fair amount of time to throw

Everyone had to know we were going to struggle running. To be honest, if you look at the numbers, we did far better than I could of imagined. The Ravens front 7 are just so loaded in terms of being able to stop the run.

Ravens did exactly what everyone should have figured and I said plenty. Just played 2 deep safeties and only 7 in the box. They were begging us to run with the way they were playing but their front 7 is so dominant that it really doesn't matter.

With 2 deep safeties constantly (and one of them shading heavily over towards Braylon) it was going to be tough to throw to the outside.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3732679]I thought Sanchez had a fair amount of time to throw[/QUOTE]
    IDK, seemed to me he had to move around a lot to stay on his feet, especially in crucial spots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Blame Sanchez.

Eli got 4 yrs to look like a competent QB; Sanchez has been given 20 games by the fans.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3732695]Everyone had to know we were going to struggle running. To be honest, if you look at the numbers, we did far better than I could of imagined. The Ravens front 7 are just so loaded in terms of being able to stop the run.

Ravens did exactly what everyone should have figured and I said plenty. Just played 2 deep safeties and only 7 in the box. They were begging us to run with the way they were playing but their front 7 is so dominant that it really doesn't matter.

With 2 deep safeties constantly (and one of them shading heavily over towards Braylon) it was going to be tough to throw to the outside.[/QUOTE]

the offense didn't look ready last night to attack any defense. it stunk in the preseason but many (including me) chalked it up to simply being the preseason.

rex came here last year, installed a defense and it was great. schotty has been here for years and yet his unit appears uninspired and unprepared. '

the penalties on the defense last night were stupid ones, mostly for being overzealous.

the penalties on the offense last night were b/c of mental errors, thinking too much.

that's the difference b/t these units. the defense is prepared. they lose jenks and still force punts. the offense shows no adaptability to changes in personnel or game circumstances.

I dont get why we dont play to sanchez's strenghts, like we did at indy/cinn last year.

He is very good rolling out and using play action, yet we never did that.

Schotty lets the Def know whats coming every time....i dont see how we couldnt 1 or 2 times use a play action fake to throw deep to braylon. I dont care if sanchez just heaved it out there, we have to take shots offensively.

Just because we want the qb not to force the ball, doesnt mean we have to shorten the field offensively so much.

Please...let's just fix it.

NO offense all of pre season and none last night.

Jeebus....

[QUOTE=augustiniak;3732718]the offense didn't look ready last night to attack any defense. it stunk in the preseason but many (including me) chalked it up to simply being the preseason.
    [/QUOTE]

the preseason is very important indicator for offense.

it's one thing if a bad team goes 4-0 in preseason. that's fool's gold.

but if an NFL offense looks crap in preseason it will look crap in regular season, bet on it.

besides the NYJ, dallas, chicago and carolina all struggled on O this preseason, and it carried forward.

[QUOTE=SMC;3732717]Blame Sanchez.

Eli got 4 yrs to look like a competent QB; Sanchez has been given 20 games by the fans.[/QUOTE]

So you agree then that it was a great blunder for the Jets to draft a rookie QB who would be 'ready' in four years when the rest of the team is in a win now mode?

[QUOTE=Chupa;3732469]1. Aside from chucking it up to a single covered boldin a few times and drawing some questionable PIs, Flacco, with his "all-world" weapons (ray rice, todd heap, Q, Housh, and Mason) wasn't much better. The only time the Ravens got close to scoring a TD was after a complete crap penatly on a FG attempt. This was a defensive grudge match and no offense was going to play well.

2. We couldn't really run the ball effectively.

3. Pass protection was suspect at best. Even when the Ravens were dropping everything in coverage sanchez had very little time to stand in the pocket.

4. The Braylon motion penatly, the cotch drop, the non call PI on the cotch deep play, the green drop, the green fumble, there were so many plays from other players that killed any momentum the kid was tyring to build.

5. Dumb penalties by the offensive line. You can't blame it on audibles, these guys are pro bowlers who should not be making these mistakes. In a tough defensive game, these sort of penalties kill your rhythm and make it much more difficult on a run first team.

6. At least he didn't turn the ball over.

Our defense dominated and the offense struggled. The story was the same for both sides, except the Ravens got a few PI calls and a penalty on a FG attempt allowed them to score a TD. We lost by 1 point against what many think is the best team in the NFL. For some reason the Ravens are spectacular and the Jets are doomed?[/QUOTE]

I agree on the Sanchez part but still take a very pessimistic view of the game. The OLine put up one of its worst performances in the last few years, and every single pass catcher had a game riddled with mental mistakes. The Keller OOB to end the game was microcosmic of the Jets offense.

[QUOTE=SMC;3732717]Blame Sanchez.

Eli got 4 yrs to look like a competent QB; Sanchez has been given 20 games by the fans.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez has been neutered. The only thing worse than a bad QB performance is a [I]scared[/I] QB performance. He needs to find his sac or we'll be talking about the draft by late October.

[QUOTE=Pac2566;3732747]Sanchez has been neutered. The only thing worse than a bad QB performance is a [I]scared[/I] QB performance. He needs to find his sac or we'll be talking about the draft by late October.[/QUOTE]

yes. they don't need a guy who can throw like sanchez if that's the gameplan. get chad back, and play herm ball.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;3732756]yes. they don't need a guy who can throw like sanchez if that's the gameplan. get chad back, and play herm ball.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez makes Chad look like Jeff George. :(

All Pro
    no no no no, Sanchez doesn't get a pass on this one. No way. I don't think it's all his fault, he didn't get a lot of help out there, but make no mistake, The Franchise Quarterback is supposed to pull your azz out of the fire and he blew it numerous times.

Something needs to change. His coaching, the OC's approach, gameplan... something.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Paradis;3732784]no no no no, Sanchez doesn't get a pass on this one. No way. I don't think it's all his fault, he didn't get a lot of help out there, but make no mistake, The Franchise Quarterback is supposed to pull your azz out of the fire and he blew it numerous times.

Something needs to change. His coaching, the OC's approach, gameplan... something.[/QUOTE]
    His throw to keller deep down the middle in the face of a big rush was a thing of beauty, however nullified by a penalty.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3732795]His throw to keller deep down the middle in the face of a big rush was a thing of beauty, however nullified by a penalty.[/QUOTE]

yet, they really didn't do it again. that pass was great. would have put the ravens on their heels. depsite the penalty could have kept them guessing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3732784]no no no no, Sanchez doesn't get a pass on this one. No way. I don't think it's all his fault, he didn't get a lot of help out there, but make no mistake, The Franchise Quarterback is supposed to pull your azz out of the fire and he blew it numerous times.

[B]Something needs to change[/B]. His coaching, the OC's approach, gameplan... something.[/QUOTE]

Something definitely needs to change and I think it's all 3 things you mention.