Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All you need to know about Sanchez

All you need to know about Sanchez

Was shown when he slid on that scramble in the 1st quarter, which led to the first FG I believe. He should have been a man and dove for the 1st down. The crowd would have lost their minds and it would have shown he was ready to be the man and win, both to the team and the fans. Please don't give me that injury bull**** either. This kid doesn't have the "it" factor to be an elite QB in the NFL.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;3732485]Was shown when he slid on that scramble in the 1st quarter, which led to the first FG I believe. He should have been a man and dove for the 1st down. The crowd would have lost their minds and it would have shown he was ready to be the man and win, both to the team and the fans. Please don't give me that injury bull**** either. This kid doesn't have the "it" factor to be an elite QB in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because he injured his knee when he didn't and people were screaming when he did do that...not to mention that EVERY QB in the league is taught to do just that when you have three defenders running at you.

The one bad thing about a loss is it brings out every opinion, and that is not a good thing.

[QUOTE=GreenSpleen;3732485]Was shown when he slid on that scramble in the 1st quarter, which led to the first FG I believe. He should have been a man and dove for the 1st down. The crowd would have lost their minds and it would have shown he was ready to be the man and win, both to the team and the fans. Please don't give me that injury bull**** either. This kid doesn't have the "it" factor to be an elite QB in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

This quite frankly is an unfair point.

If you recall, he did that last year a few times and finally got injured in Buffalo. Rex and the coaching staff don't want him diving for first downs because of the injury factor.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Injury bull****? I guess you were not watching any games last year.

last year he routinely dove head first to get the 1st down.

he got killed for it by the media, the fans, and his coaches. the Jets even brought in Joe Girardi to teach him how to slide.

DUMP.

Going head first into Ray "The Bucher" Lewis? In a first quarter of the first game of the season? Now that will be the dumbest thing to do.

if sanchez dove, then the whole 45 minutes Joe Girardi spent with him last season teaching him how to slide would be wasted!

He did that all last year and the coaches/99% of this board chewed him out for it. Two big examples I recall were against the Raiders (TD scramble) and the Bills last year.

Hall Of Fame

sanchez did that last year and spent the rest of the season being criticized for his failure to slide...can't have it both ways

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez has been warped by the conservative offensive cloud that has fallen over this franchise since 2001.

Sanchez came in with Bravado and a gunslinger attitude. and sadly, he is no more then a checkdown chad at this point.

It is pathetic what we have done to this young man.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

There was exactly one play where it looked like the Jets had a competent passing offense - the pass to Keller at the 4 and that was negated by Edwards not being set.

Besides that, I didn't see one play where Sanchez looked downfield at all.

I agree, you generally want to see your franchise QB dive head-first into a defender 22 minutes into the first game of the season.

Face it ...Schitty and Shorty are a bad combination for this team. Schitty has no confidence in Shorty. And Shorty is scared schitless out there

That reasoning is why you guys are all chumps, accustomed to losing. If he does dive head first and gets the first down, then he SETS the tone for the offense in that game and tells the Ravens that he is there to win. Pussies.

[QUOTE=GreenSpleen;3732611]That reasoning is why you guys are all chumps, accustomed to losing. If he does dive head first and gets the first down, then he SETS the tone for the offense in that game and tells the Ravens that he is there to win. Pussies.[/QUOTE]

I remember my first beer...

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3732503]Sanchez has been warped by the conservative offensive cloud that has fallen over this franchise since 2001.

Sanchez came in with Bravado and a gunslinger attitude. and sadly, he is no more then a checkdown chad at this point.

It is pathetic what we have done to this young man.[/QUOTE]

That's such a great point.

They have coached the football player out of Mark Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    If fans are criticizing Sanchez for sliding when EVERYONE in the organization has told him to slide then it's obvious Sanchez will never get a fair shake here by the fans.

Jet fans are the worse in the league, bar none. Except for Philly fans, probably.

[QUOTE=GreenSpleen;3732611]That reasoning is why you guys are all chumps, accustomed to losing. If he does dive head first and gets the first down, then he SETS the tone for the offense in that game and tells the Ravens that he is there to win. Pussies.[/QUOTE]

Where the hell were you last year when everyone was telling him to slide?

I thought that whole thing was stupid then, because I do believe there are moments where you don't slide. For some dumb reason, fans went nuts and Rex listened. You definitely are better sliding during some times, but other times it's just worth taking the chance. Sanchez is a thickly built kid and can handle some impact.

Jets Insider VIP

Uhm, woulding Rex going for it on 4th down had set the tone for the offense as well?

Rex planned to go for it, called a time out and changed his mind.

Ray Lewis was waiting to take his head off on that play. He dives, our starting QB is on IR.