Thread: I dont speak my mind much but....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont speak my mind much but....

There are many things that be taken away from that game. Some good some bad. Since there are less good things Ill start with them. Damn do we have a nasty defense! Cro and Wilson will get less interference calls then that in most games, a lot of them where kinda "micky mouse" calls. Byran Thomas was great. And Revis did good also.

Now to the bad....

The less obvious perhaps... why the hell, was Revis not manning up against Boldin? Why was he mostly up against Mason? After Boldin was burning Wilson we should have switched it up a little more. Should of had him shadow their number 1 more. Perhaps it was there way of letting him ease his way back, by putting him on the slower older Mason.

Those offsides calls, show a lack of preparation, and confusing, on the second play of the game for the Jets i remember seeing Dustin Keller running in and out of the huddle... Like come on guys! You don't even know who belongs on certain formation packages! This is basic stuff.

I wont go into to much of this because everyone already has but Scotty has all this motion, and communication on the line for a HB drive. It gets annoying and old.

We need to get Sanchez involved more, he or his receivers never get a chance to get into a real rhythm, and you can tell when they have to convert those third and long and they need to pass, and they drop the catch. Hell they are probably surprised that we are even passing ball.

Seriously when we had the ball with just over a few minutes left and I saw mark on the sidelines warming up and throwing the ball I was like, what the hell is the point of that, not like his going to even have a chance to throw the ball.

Anyway thats just me venting would love to know your opinions on it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering the same thing about Revis-Boldin. I have no idea why he wasnt on boldin on every single play.....

Schottys movement and formation changes are too complicated...not only for sanchez, but for the whole team, we had a too many men in the huddle penalty again yesterday. Seeing ben hartstock split out wide drives me insane every time I see it. He is trying to outsmart the defense, when he should worry about lining up and simply beating the defense.

We made excuses about chads arm strength, favre not knowing the plays, our lack of a tall WR, a rookie qb....at the end of the day Schotty is the one constant in our poor offense for the past 5 years.

Stop with your motion, reverses, and cute crap....line up, run the ball, and use play action to throw downfield, end of story!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3732511]I was wondering the same thing about Revis-Boldin. I have no idea why he wasnt on boldin on every single play.....

Schottys movement and formation changes are too complicated...not only for sanchez, but for the whole team, we had a too many men in the huddle penalty again yesterday. Seeing ben hartstock split out wide drives me insane every time I see it. He is trying to outsmart the defense, when he should worry about lining up and simply beating the defense.

We made excuses about chads arm strength, favre not knowing the plays, our lack of a tall WR, a rookie qb....at the end of the day Schotty is the one constant in our poor offense for the past 5 years.

Stop with your motion, reverses, and cute crap....line up, run the ball, and use play action to [B]throw downfield[/B], end of story![/QUOTE]

+1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3732511]I was wondering the same thing about Revis-Boldin. I have no idea why he wasnt on boldin on every single play.....

Stop with your motion, reverses, and cute crap....line up, run the ball, and use play action to throw downfield, end of story![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what was going on with Revis & Cromartie. It seemed like Revis just lined up on the left side on every play. I was wondering if it was because Cromartie was uncomfortable on that side or something. I hope that's not the case, because if it is it will obviously be very easy to exploit the Jets defense. In all honesty, I was watching Cromartie closely on most plays and he looked like a liability out there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "seeing Dustin Keller running in and out of the huddle... Like come on guys! You don't even know who belongs on certain formation packages! "

I saw this too and for a second thought we were actually trying to fool the ravens in the huddle. It looked that comical and Schotts offense is that ludicrous.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nclion;3732605]"seeing Dustin Keller running in and out of the huddle... Like come on guys! You don't even know who belongs on certain formation packages! "

I saw this too and for a second thought we were actually trying to fool the ravens in the huddle. It looked that comical and Schotts offense is that ludicrous.[/QUOTE]

I know it was cringe worthy.