Thread: As BAD as we played last night....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

As BAD as we played last night....

We only lost by 1 point to "1 of the favorites to win the AFC"....only 1 game....the offense WILL be better and we WILL limit the penalties go forward....

BEAT THE PATSIES and it will all be forgotten....

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not we. The O was 1 for 11 on 3rd down conversions, could only score 3 instead of 6. D and ST worked to hold to 10, and give the O a short field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=terpjk;3732526]We only lost by 1 point to "1 of the favorites to win the AFC"....only 1 game....the offense WILL be better and we WILL limit the penalties go forward....

BEAT THE PATSIES and it will all be forgotten....[/QUOTE]

Baltimore played a VERY conservative game once they went up four pretty much knowing the Jets couldn't score a TD. If Baltimore needed to score more they likely could have.

Don't let the score fool you. The Jets were handily beat in this game.

I am very worried. it's not that they won't win some games it's if we're expecting them to be an elite team they are FAR off from that...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the game live, it was clear the Ravens were the better team. As a Jets fan, you were left just hoping the Jets would get a lucky bounce or a fluke play to win it. Regardless of the final score, the Ravens were in control the entire second half.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;3732542]Baltimore played a VERY conservative game once they went up four pretty much knowing the Jets couldn't score a TD. If Baltimore needed to score more they likely could have.

Don't let the score fool you. The Jets were handily beat in this game.

I am very worried. it's not that they won't win some games it's if we're expecting them to be an elite team they are FAR off from that...[/QUOTE]

wrong -- no NFL team stays content with only 10 points on the scoreboard. It's ok. You can give the defense a little credit.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3732558]Watching the game live, it was clear the Ravens were the better team. As a Jets fan, you were left just hoping the Jets would get a lucky bounce or a fluke play to win it. Regardless of the final score, the Ravens were in control the entire second half.[/QUOTE]

Much as I hate bumping this, QFT. The offense wasn't even college quality yesterday. The D/ST can only do so much, especially with the crap penalties called against them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather get blown out than lose the way we did last night.

Schotty is pathetic. I have no faith in this guy being able to conduct a decent offense. I don't trust him with our young QB's development either. The guy is a complete joke.

Pennington sucked in his offense, Clemens sucked in his offense...hell, even the legendary Brett Favre sucked in his offense. Seriously, Favre had one of the worst seasons of his career here, goes to Minnesota the very next year, and lights sh*t up to the tune of 4200 yards, 33 TD's and only 7 INT's.

Get this f*cking joker out of here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The good news is that I don't think we can get any worse on offense. I'll live with a Sanchez interception once a game if it means we'll throw the ball more than six times a game and score td's on offense, produce real opportunities to win games and not solely rely on the D. You can not change a QB's dna, Mark is a gun slinger and we'll have to live and die by it. Let the kid play with the formula that made him a professional. He can make all the throws, let him.

The penalties killed us, it's as simple as that. Fortunately, it is something that can be fixed. Rex said it on HK, football is simple, coaches make it complicated. I truly feel that if this continues with Schotty, it will be the biggest waste of the most talented D we've seen in a decade. We have monsters on D even without Jenkins and Pace.

I'm optimistic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    14 penalties for 125 yards, 21 minutes in TOP and only 44 plays on offense and we lose just 10-9. that's not bad. we'll be fine

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3732654]I'd rather get blown out than lose the way we did last night.

Schotty is pathetic. I have no faith in this guy being able to conduct a decent offense. I don't trust him with our young QB's development either. The guy is a complete joke.

Pennington sucked in his offense, Clemens sucked in his offense...hell, even the legendary Brett Favre sucked in his offense. Seriously, Favre had one of the worst seasons of his career here, goes to Minnesota the very next year, and lights sh*t up to the tune of 4200 yards, 33 TD's and only 7 INT's.

Get this f*cking joker out of here.[/QUOTE]

This.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very optimistic as well.

Yeah, last game was tough to watch but there were still alot of good things to take from that game believe it or not.

The Defense was LIGHTS OUT for the most part, I think Rex needs to be a little more creative on 3rd downs with his coverage and blitzing schemes, but other than that were good.

Special Teams were also excellent last night, made play after play to gain field position, solid tackling, Brad Smith was close to breaking a big KR and Leonhard had one hell of a PR as well, not to mention Lowery lit someone up on a punt coverage as well. Alot to like with Westhoffs boys here.

Now, the offense was rough to watch. In the begining they had momentum but a HUGE penalty us when Sanchez hit Keller on a beautiful pass where the DB had solid coverage down to the 4 yard line which was taken away because Braylon wasnt set. That would of been a big confidence boost and probably would of lead to a score for us.

Shonn Greene played horrible last night, however it is correctable. He needs better technique holding onto the ball, you can tell Rex basiclly benched him for the majority of the game after his 2nd fumble because he couldnt trust him out there.

I am looking for improvements through out the offense as the year goes on. Everyone knows that the 2nd year for a QB is usually the toughest, but I have FAITH in Sanchez and BELIEVE he will be a good one when its all said and done. That being said, he has ALOT of pressure on him this year, more than he probably should have, and will struggle at times, but I have NO DOUBT that he will turn it around and eventually be our Franchise Quarterback of the future.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;3732741]14 penalties for 125 yards, 21 minutes in TOP and only 44 plays on offense and we lose just 10-9. that's not bad. we'll be fine[/QUOTE]

This is what I dont understand. They lost by 1 point to Baltimore despite all those penatlies. Baltimore wouldn't have even scored a TD if it wasnt for that running into the kicker call. If the Jets played Baltimore in the playoffs would anyone really be that worried?

Had they lost 28-9 or something like that I might be worried. Or if they lost 10-9 to Buffalo or Cleveland I would be worried. Going into last nights game I think most people felt the game could go either way. Its the first game of the season people! The Pats lost to Buffalo 31-0 a few years ago and won the superbowl.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3732558]Watching the game live, it was clear the Ravens were the better team. As a Jets fan, you were left just hoping the Jets would get a lucky bounce or a fluke play to win it. Regardless of the final score, the Ravens were in control the entire second half.[/QUOTE]

They might be the better team but I dont think they really won the other night i mean they only beat us by one point.. I was listening to Boomer and Cartons analysis of the game and it was pretty dead on.. [url]http://video.msg.com/Home/Jets-Analysis-WFAN-s-Boomer-and-Carton-on-MSG[/url] The offense needs to step up their game!
    Last edited by helmuthed; 09-15-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in for being optimistic, especially with how the D played. It's only Week 1