Thread: Can No Longer Blame Schotty

Can No Longer Blame Schotty

After this week I don't believe we can any longer blame Schotty - it's clear Schotty has no feel for a game. I believe it would be [B]irresponsible[/B] of Rex Ryan to allow Schotty to continue calling plays for the NY Jets.

Yes, it's a tough decisison but tough talkers like Rex need to make tough decisions. You don't necessarily have to fire the guy but he should no longer be calling the plays.

If he does going forward it's on Rex NOT Schotty...

You posted this in another thread and no one responded because it's a stupid point.

Rex is a defensive coach. The OC is going to call the offensive plays.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3732566]You posted this in another thread and no one responded because it's a stupid point.

Rex is a defensive coach. The OC is going to call the offensive plays.[/QUOTE]

at least you didn't tell him his family sucks...you are really growing

[QUOTE=fidelioion;3732559]After this week I don't believe we can any longer blame Schotty - it's clear Schotty has no feel for a game. I believe it would be [B]irresponsible[/B] of Rex Ryan to allow Schotty to continue calling plays for the NY Jets.

Yes, it's a tough decisison but tough talkers like Rex need to make tough decisions. You don't necessarily have to fire the guy but he should no longer be calling the plays.

If he does going forward it's on Rex NOT Schotty...[/QUOTE]

Callahan did a great job calling plays in Chucky's O.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3732572]at least you didn't tell him his family sucks...you are really growing[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

It's the medication. :P

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3732566]You posted this in another thread and no one responded because it's a stupid point.

Rex is a defensive coach. The OC is going to call the offensive plays.[/QUOTE=]

You're Wrong in multiple ways...

1 - I didn't necessarily say I wanted Rex Ryan to call the plays - but it can no longer be Schotty. It's a nice execuse for all the fans to blame the OC for the losses all the time or you can do something about it.

2 - It is absolutely the HC responsibitly to make sure the offense runs smoothly - it's his responsibility first. He's in charge of the ENTIRE team and when one part of the team isn't running smoothly something needs to be done about it.

Week one or not 6 first downs in ANY game against ANY team is enough for me to say a change is necessary...

Let either Callahan or Cavanaugh call the plays.

Schotty has no idea how to run an NFL offense.

Sanchez has talent, yet in Schotty's offense he looks like a deer in the headlights.

[QUOTE=fidelioion;3732588]
    You're Wrong in multiple ways...

1 - I didn't necessarily say I wanted Rex Ryan to call the plays - but it can no longer be Schotty. It's a nice execuse for all the fans to blame the OC for the losses all the time or you can do something about it.

2 - It is absolutely the HC responsibitly to make sure the offense runs smoothly - it's his responsibility first. He's in charge of the ENTIRE team and when one part of the team isn't running smoothly something needs to be done about it.

Week one or not 6 first downs in ANY game against ANY team is enough for me to say a change is necessary...[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just telling you that it's not going to happen.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3732597]I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just telling you that it's not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's going to happen either but what I'm saying is continuing to blame Schotty is like blaming a 5 year old for not understanding the theory of relativity. He's simply incapable of doing it.

You can't blame the child you have to blame the person asking it of the child!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rex is the head coach. It's his gameplan. If he feels the need for the Jets to open up the offense, then he tells Schottenheimer to open up the offense. But Rex is ground and pound. Blame Schotty if you want, fine. But Rex is equally if not more responsible.

Rookie
    It's beyond Rex... He is the second coach where the same exact thing has been said. It's amazing Schotty remains. It's also amazing that some people seem surprised by what we saw last night. Why/how would you expect anything different?