Thread: Now That the Season is Over, Is it All About the 2011 Draft?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Now That the Season is Over, Is it All About the 2011 Draft?

I could start a thread criticizing other JIers starting threads how Sanchez is the worth thing to happen to the franchise, how Schotty must be fired, etc., ...

But what about the media?

On the back of the Daily News the headline is "Bust" as in the Jets went bust by losing to the Ravens under their "Super Bowl or Bust" mantra.

Gary Meyers even asked Rex in the press conference whether the team should stop talking about the SB as if it's impossible now.

The Post calls them "Stupor Men"

FoxSports said the Ravens "shut up" the Jets by winning 10-9 and layed the "smackdown" on the Jets.

Many in the media picked the Ravens to get to the SB and it's obvious the way the media & fans are portraying it is that the Jets simply couldn't compete last night. The Jets are at best an 8-8 team the fans are saying now after week 1.

I guess the 2010 season is already over before it began. Sucks considering how much we were looking forward to it. We can look forward to the draft and get another QB, I guess, if some fans are to be believed.

[B]J[/B]UST [B]E[/B]ND [B]T[/B]HE [B]S[/B]EASON?

Really???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3732570]...The Jets are at best an 8-8 team the fans are saying now after week 1.
    [/QUOTE]

The more intelligent ones have been saying that since training camp started. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't get how some people are saying the Ravens just abused the Jets because it felt so far from that.

Was just a bunch of 3rd and long penalties (some of which were complete garbage). And let's be honest, even when there are penalties, the refs rarely catch EACH AND EVERY ONE like they did against the Jets last night.

Jets dominated their offense, Ray Rice was garbage, and Flacco just chucked it up there a few times. Jets also dominated on special teams.

Jets offense just sucks.. I keep coming back to the fact that whoever you give Rex and Westhoff, they are going to overperform. Whoever you give Schotty, the offense under performs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ravens destroyed the Jets, that's what the spin story is today which is quite remarkable, JF.

The Jets' offensive problems were really self inflicted rather than what the Ravens were doing. The Jets have serious offensive issues and a lack of confidence in what they do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3732617]The Ravens destroyed the Jets, that's what the spin story is today which is quite remarkable, JF.

[B]The Jets' offensive problems were really self inflicted rather than what the Ravens were doing. The Jets have serious offensive issues and a lack of confidence in what they do[/B].[/QUOTE]

The one thing I can't understand is that when we brought in Braylon Edwards last year, the guy was a force even in a short week, against Miami. Now, he's an after thought.

Perhaps the CS was truly afraid of this Ravens team and altered the game plan accordingly, but there needs to be some happy medium of playing not lose and trying to win. There's no reason this team should be fined for having a "Jets West" Camp that involved our QB and WRs if he never even looks at them.

At this point, I don't really care who's fault it is (Schotty's or Sanchez), I just want to see a different approach next week. Hopefully yesterday was an aberration and the team isn't merely sitting around waiting for Holmes to come back. That would be disasterous and probably land us at 1-3.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3732696]The one thing I can't understand is that when we brought in Braylon Edwards last year, the guy was a force even in a short week, against Miami. Now, he's an after thought.

Perhaps the CS was truly afraid of this Ravens team and altered the game plan accordingly, but there needs to be some happy medium of playing not lose and trying to win. There's no reason this team should be fined for having a "Jets West" Camp that involved our QB and WRs if he never even looks at them.

At this point, I don't really care who's fault it is (Schotty's or Sanchez), I just want to see a different approach next week. Hopefully yesterday was an aberration and the team isn't merely sitting around waiting for Holmes to come back. That would be disasterous and probably land us at 1-3.[/QUOTE]

All true.

The ironic thing is that while last yr the Jets were 59:41 Run to Pass they were 50:50 this game, but Sanchez only targetted a WR 4 times. THAT is the main issue.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3732570]I could start a thread criticizing other JIers starting threads how Sanchez is the worth thing to happen to the franchise, how Schotty must be fired, etc., ...

But what about the media?

On the back of the Daily News the headline is "Bust" as in the Jets went bust by losing to the Ravens under their "Super Bowl or Bust" mantra.

Gary Meyers even asked Rex in the press conference whether the team should stop talking about the SB as if it's impossible now.

The Post calls them "Stupor Men"

FoxSports said the Ravens "shut up" the Jets by winning 10-9 and layed the "smackdown" on the Jets.

Many in the media picked the Ravens to get to the SB and it's obvious the way the media & fans are portraying it is that the Jets simply couldn't compete last night. The Jets are at best an 8-8 team the fans are saying now after week 1.

I guess the 2010 season is already over before it began. Sucks considering how much we were looking forward to it. We can look forward to the draft and get another QB, I guess, if some fans are to be believed.

Really???[/QUOTE]

I'm absolutely amazed by the tenor the media coverage is taking this morning. I never knew we played a 4 game season. Even worse are the smarmy midgit fans and (Shocker) the SOJers leading the parade to jump off the bridge. It may be a short week...but it's gonna be a LOOOOOONG 5 days to Sunday. I'm sick of the talk already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any can't miss QB's coming out in this years draft?------Ah, just kidding.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That was bound to happen given all the offseason cheest thumping by the HC, players and fans of this team when you go out on national TV at your home opener and have an offense that can't get out of it's own way.

Everyone expects the D to be elite. And while nobody expects the offense to be the Greatest Show on Turf, the display last night was embarrassing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3732778]That was bound to happen given all the offseason cheest thumping by the HC, players and fans of this team when you go out on national TV at your home opener and have an offense that can't get out of it's own way.

Everyone expects the D to be elite. And while nobody expects the offense to be the Greatest Show on Turf, the display last night was embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

The offensive showing was definitely embarrassing and the media backlash is expected, but pure misrepresentation of what actually happened.

The Jets were never going undefeated and they were 2 point favorites last night (home teams usually get 3 points), and they lost by 1 point so the outcome was pretty much expected. Nevertheless, the Jets are getting killed now by the fans and the media.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3732570]I

Really???[/QUOTE]

:D
    Rex just keeps showing his defense is scary for any team.....and if we sneak in the playoffs again:eek: we have a shot:yes: