Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ** Official '10-'11 NY Islanders Thread **

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    And to think that the Isles had Roberto Luongo and the idiot Millbury traded him and drafted DiPietro... Basically, killed the franchise...
    Aw man, please don't even mention Mildewbury. That %&*@ jackalope single handedly ruined this franchise for a decade or more. Ugh, I'd jsut rather forget that he was even here...

So what can this team do going forward? Probably should have drafted a Dman instead of a Swedish winger of the typical soft European style of play. DP certainly doesn't look like an answer, and Rolo's about at the end of the trail. Didn't they draft a goalie a year or two ago? What happened to taht kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Aw man, please don't even mention Mildewbury. That %&*@ jackalope single handedly ruined this franchise for a decade or more. Ugh, I'd jsut rather forget that he was even here...

So what can this team do going forward? Probably should have drafted a Dman instead of a Swedish winger of the typical soft European style of play. DP certainly doesn't look like an answer, and Rolo's about at the end of the trail. Didn't they draft a goalie a year or two ago? What happened to taht kid?
    From what i hear they have two goalies playing good in Bridgeport...but i think the problem lies with Wang and his man love with DP or his arrogance to sign him to a 1,000year contract and he forcing Gordon to play him...if they get some fresh blood between the pipes that might lit a little fire under their asses

All League
    I havent seen a long straight up losing streak in a couple years. They used to go through a December-January swoon damned near annually a few years back.

Odd thing is, they can lose 11 games in a row no problem, but I can't recall them winning 11 games in a row. Why is it easier to lose than to win? Basically have a 50/50 shot each night...

All League
    Isles fired Coach Gordon.

Was it the coaches or the players fault for this poor performance stretch?

All League
    "Roloson started over franchise goalie Rick DiPietro for the sixth consecutive game"

Is it time to cut bait with DP? Is DP the backup? Should send him to Bpt for "conditioning". Bring up a goalie from Bpt to give Rolo a break.

Hall Of Fame
    Well if there's any reason to be hopeful it's that the Islanders have played only 6 games at home while they've played 12 on the road. Any middle of the pack team would have a losing record at this point with the schedule the Isles have had. The fact that the record is this bad is a surprise however.

Between now and New Years day the Isles will have 12 home games and 7 on the road. So they have to get around 500 by then or it's over.
    Roilo can't play every night though, so it's hard to bee too optomistic.

And what the hell is with the Moulson one year contract, I hope that wasn't the Isles idea, because he will have a lot of suitors and probably won't re-sign unless the team improves, even if they offer him the biggest contract. It's going to be Ryan Smyth all over again.

All League
    Now, if they just win 14 in a row, all will be forgiven.

All League
    Wow, this team is AWFUL.

All League
    Ricky D on IR, yes? Out for the year?

Waterboy
    Ricky D on IR, yes? Out for the year?
    He is off IR and starting tonight. He backed up Roloson on Monday night.

http://twitter.com/#!/NYIslanders/st...53760881844224

Hall Of Fame
    What a weird team. They start off the season 4-1, they are now 5-1, but the middle of the season was like 1-15.

DP was good tonight but there seems to be a pattern developing. JUst when you think he's finally out of their plans, he plays a brilliant game. Look for him to let in 5 goals a game for a while.

great job on NYE vs the Red Wings.....are the Isles legit?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    What a weird team. They start off the season 4-1, they are now 5-1, but the middle of the season was like 1-15.

DP was good tonight but there seems to be a pattern developing. JUst when you think he's finally out of their plans, he plays a brilliant game. Look for him to let in 5 goals a game for a while.
    Was more like 1-22....

DP went out last night with an injury..... Surprise, surprise... I'm not sure if calling him the Tin Man is even accurate. Remember Chris Chandler, played on the falcons? Nicknamed Crystal Chandelier? Kinda like DP....

Jets Insider VIP
    Was more like 1-22....

DP went out last night with an injury..... Surprise, surprise... I'm not sure if calling him the Tin Man is even accurate. Remember Chris Chandler, played on the falcons? Nicknamed Crystal Chandelier? Kinda like DP....
    A groin injury for a goalie is never a minor injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Good news. Matt Moulson was just extended three years for 9.4 million. This leads to two questions

How did a guy who is on target for 28-30 goals get such a small contract? He only has one less goal than Tavares.

and

Why on earth would a soon to be free agent sign with the Islanders?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Good news. Matt Moulson was just extended three years for 9.4 million. This leads to two questions

How did a guy who is on target for 28-30 goals get such a small contract? He only has one less goal than Tavares.

and

Why on earth would a soon to be free agent sign with the Islanders?
    No idea.

Probably exactly why Nabakov wouldn't report. I don't think I would, either.

Veteran
    How about DiPietro last night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8IXx4tsus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5sdOh7Bcvs

I wonder what Al Montoya thinks of Johnson holding back after Ricky hit the ice...

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    that wasnt much of a goalie fight...

To bad cindy was doing his best Eric Lindros impression last night, woulda been a blast watching him get his ass kicked during that, street fight...I mean hockey game.
    Last edited by GeorgeJetson80; 02-12-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson80 View Post
    To bad cindy was doing his best Eric Lindros impression last nast, woulda been a blast watching him get his ass kicked during that, street fight...I mean hockey game.
    Was at the game, wow! Great crowd, great beatdown. And the Islanders gave up two separate 5 minute power plays to Pittsburgh. Haley is a crazy man. I am sure a suspension is coming, though.