Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FatMan (Francesa)

The FatMan (Francesa)

Just finished listening to his rant. For how much I found him annoying he does bring up some good points.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by stagman View Post
    Just finished listening to his rant. For how much I found him annoying he does bring up some good points.
    Care to share any?

I don't even want to know. If I ever saw that fat ****, I'd break his jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by stagman View Post
    if you're going to start a thread about making good points it might be a good idea to post those points...

i agree 15000000% with EVERYTHING he just said. Unfortunately for Rex, this is football that is played on the field weith 11 offenseive players, 11 defensive, NOT ON PAPER AND NOT WITH A BIG MOUTH. I am so sick of hering from Rex Ryan about how good the NY Jets are.

GO OUT AND WIN FOOTBALL GAMES AND SHOW ME I DARE YOU!

Having said that, Bellichick and Brady must be laughing their asses off at the prospect of facing this team next week-Hell, I would if I were them..

i agree 15000000% with EVERYTHING Francessa just said. Unfortunately for Rex, this is football that is played on the field weith 11 offenseive players, 11 defensive, NOT ON PAPER AND NOT WITH A BIG MOUTH. I am so sick of hering from Rex Ryan about how good the NY Jets are.

Having said that, Bellichick and Brady must be laughing their asses off at the prospect of facing this team next week-Hell, I would if I were them..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

SOunded like his usual bitter anti- Jets rant, except the Jets seemed to go to lengths to prove him right last night. He couldnt have scripted this better.

-The Jets were undisiplined

-The offense has no confidence in Sanchez

-Sanchez has no confidence in himself

-Rex never changed the blitz on 3rd down, leaving Wilson 1-1

-The Jets don't have a LG and never replaced Jones and Fanaca

Oh Fatcessa, dum de dum de dum. He sings the same song over and over. Everyone KNEW he'd have a field day today

Never replaced Jones and Faneca?

LT is by far better than Jones and Slauson played better than Faneca yesterday by a mile with the exception of one play.

Francesa the Giants fan has to be happy though. He hates Rex and how much he talks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Care to share any?
    Third down blitzing too predictable, Sanchez checking down from his deep recievers immediately, How it was a farce that Rex said Cro and WIlson could cover for Revis if he was still out....Sanchez looking like he and Schotty are not on the same page/ not knowing where the down markers were a the end of thee game/ releasing Faneca and the crappiness of Slauson/ Ferguson...

All points made here and an element of truth to all of them.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Don't let anyone tell you differently, the majority of this loss is on the O. 1 for 11 on 3rd downs, fumble, TOP 40/20, 3's instead of 6's. If the O converts even half it's 3rd downs D is off the field, may they score. D and ST got no help from O, D wasn't perfect, but 40 min. of possession (some of that D's fault) they still held to 10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Never replaced Jones and Faneca?

LT is by far better than Jones and Slauson played better than Faneca yesterday by a mile with the exception of one play.

Francesa the Giants fan has to be happy though. He hates Rex and how much he talks.
    Exactly. Opened the show with how well the Giants did. Hey fatboy, way to not mention the opponents. The Jets D would have smoked Carolina and the Giants would have been lit up by Flacco, but whatever

He was mostly accurate but there were a few areas where he went too far.

1. He said that he was tired of hearing the question of whether Mark Sanchez will take the next step. He asked "when did he take the first step? Did I miss something?"

Clearly he must have missed the playoffs. Rookie QBs that go on the road in the playoffs and play well enough to win two games take a step forward in the development. Francessa knows this, and has said as much at other times. Here he is being unfair.

2. He gave no credit to the defense for their play last night. Did not manage to say one positive thing about their play. He went on to say not to look at the points allowed.

While I agree that the defense was sloppy at times, especially on 3rd down, and undisciplined, the truth is that the Jets defense did a lot of things well too. Francessa could not muster a postive comment about their play, even against the run.

3. Finally, Francessa said that he had no problem with any of the calls that went against the Jets last night.

Here again, Francessa goes too far. While the Jets were absolutely sloppy and reckless at times, even the ESPN commentators admitted that a few of the penalties were ticky-tac.

Here is the bottom line: Francessa is intelligent and knows the game. His analysis was pretty accurate. But he is biased against the Jets because he goes too far.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 09-14-2010 at 01:49 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    i agree 15000000% with EVERYTHING he just said. Unfortunately for Rex, this is football that is played on the field weith 11 offenseive players, 11 defensive, NOT ON PAPER AND NOT WITH A BIG MOUTH. I am so sick of hering from Rex Ryan about how good the NY Jets are.

The Ravens are much better than the Pats. (Remember the playoffs last year?) The Jets should be able to move the ball against the Pats. The Pats would be laughing at their peril.

He's being his usual asshat self, flip flopping his viewpoints to suit his rant.

Can someone send him the footballoutsiders metrics where Thomas Jones was one of the worst productive backs after contact despite having the best oline.

If your going to talk the talk, you have to walk the god dam walk. We desreve all the abuse we get. Lets hope we don't have to hear it 2 weeks in a row.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    They lost by 1 point, I don't care what anyone says, they, the O, were 1/11 on 3rd downs if converted the result of which would have been more TOP, more plays, more chances to score 6, rather than the 3's they scored. It also would have kept our D off the field and their O off as well. 1 point, When the O gets their $hit together this could result in 3,7, 14 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post

Are you kidding me? If I were Brady I would not look forward to playing this defense. They played great aside from a rookie's first game and Cromartie. Our line and linebackers are going to crush him. Sure he'll get a few plays in, but overall the game is going to be painful more than fun. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to a 2 minute drill style offense for a good part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Third down blitzing too predictable, Sanchez checking down from his deep recievers immediately, How it was a farce that Rex said Cro and WIlson could cover for Revis if he was still out....Sanchez looking like he and Schotty are not on the same page/ not knowing where the down markers were a the end of thee game/ releasing Faneca and the crappiness of Slauson/ Ferguson...

All points made here and an element of truth to all of them.
    Once Jenkins went down blitzing became ineffective because Ravens had OL to clog the blitzing lanes....

Jets should consider Haynesworth...