Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '10-'11 New Jersey Devils Thread***

Only following the game online because I'm in class, but it looks like the Devs are playing better tonight. Scoreless nearing the 2nd intermission and out-shooting the Sabres 25-14.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Only following the game online because I'm in class, but it looks like the Devs are playing better tonight. Scoreless nearing the 2nd intermission and out-shooting the Sabres 25-14.
    They played really solid Miller was up to the task until Kovy got him in OT.
    Team added Corrente, Josefson and Sestito from the minors with Rolston on IR for the next 20+ games. Also Fraser broke his hand is out for a month. Volchenkov probably won't be back this weekend and Hedberg will probably play saturday vs Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    They played really solid Miller was up to the task until Kovy got him in OT.
    Team added Corrente, Josefson and Sestito from the minors with Rolston on IR for the next 20+ games. Also Fraser broke his hand is out for a month. Volchenkov probably won't be back this weekend and Hedberg will probably play saturday vs Boston.
    Damn, catching the injury bug already. Fraser break his hand in the fight?

Damn, catching the injury bug already. Fraser break his hand in the fight?
    I think so

I think so
    Lou said it preceded the fight, for what it's worth...

Man, this team looks like **** right now. Certainly not the start I was expecting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Man, this team looks like **** right now. Certainly not the start I was expecting.
    How do you feel about Johnny Mac as a head coach?

2-6-1 through 9 games....this is usually the kind of record they put up going into the playoffs. I was at the game Saturday night. First time I left a game early since I got season tickets 3 years ago. The defense is putrid....I didn't think the Volchenkov injury would kill them this bad, but it has. 3 rookies on D is too much and top that off with Tallidner coughing the puck up the way he has it's just a mess. It looked like they were putting it together vs Montreal and then 2 more garbage games. Ugh I'm getting sick just thinking about the Buffalo game again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    How do you feel about Johnny Mac as a head coach?
    Supported the hiring and he certainly needs to be given plenty more time. Like crazyjetsman said, the rookies starting on D are proving to be very costly, but they need to right ship soon.

Devils in San Jose tonight, desperate for a win. Let's go Devs!

Ughhh....

This team is not playing well by any stretch, but they sure are catching some bad breaks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I would've plugged some other holes instead of signing Kovy. I always defer to Lou but looks like this time I'm right.

This team is not playing well by any stretch, but they sure are catching some bad breaks.
    The offense is a concern, they generate good chances and can't convert. They might want to go back to Kovy playing with Zach and Zajac. I'd rather have one strong line lead the offense right now.

The defense is more than a concern...it's a disaster. 3 Rooks and 3 vets and the vets outside of Greene have been terrible. Tallinder has been god awful. Add to that Marty mixing in a soft goal here and there and you have the worst start since 1983 (1-9). With any luck Volchenkov will be back in the lineup tomorrow.

4 games left in the road trip, would it be asking to much to see them go maybe 2-1-1 and build a little confidence. They are playing tight and a couple wins in a row could fix that, you could see yesterday after they were on the door step for the first goal of the game only to have score like 5 seconds after the power play ended. The air came out after letting in 1 goal.

Great...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...rise_to_u.html

Devils winger Zach Parise to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery

Rich Chere/The Star-Ledger Rich Chere/The Star-Ledger

VANCOUVER -- Devils winger Zach Parise will undergo exploratory arthroscopic knee surgery to determine the nature of a nagging injury that resulted in his being sent home from the Devils' current road trip.

Doctors say it is not related to cartilage or ligaments. Surgery will be performed as quickly as possible and there is no timetable on his return.

"It's not cartilage or ligaments. This is just to see what is bothering him," general manger Lou Lamoriello said. "The MRIs he;s had were nolt conclusive. There is no time frame for him."

Meanwhile, rookie center Jacob Josefson will be sidelined 6-8 weeks after having surgery on his right thumb to repair a torn and detached ligament.

Josefson suffered the injury last Wednesday night in San Jose. He was slashed on the hand and then feel awkwardly on his thumb.

Parise played the first two periods of the Devils' 3-1 loss to the Kings in Los Angeles Saturday night. He said he aggravated an injury he suffered while skating this past summer, which has bothered him all season and has gotten worse.

"It's something I hurt skating this summer and it hasn't gotten better," Parise said on Sunday. "Every game I feel like I'd hurt it more. It would just keep happening and I feel like I've been ineffective on the ice."

Defenseman Anton Volchenkov (broken nose, stiff neck) is skating with the Devils' minrt league team in Albany, N.Y. He is eligible to come off injured reserve immediately but won't play in Chicago Wednesday night. His first game back is likely to be at home Friday night against the Rangers.

Follow Rich Chere on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Ledger_NJDevils

****, this is really getting ugly...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5757601

Zach Parise out three months

Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. -- New Jersey Devils left wing Zach Parise is going to be sidelined three months with a knee injury.

The struggling Devils announced Tuesday evening that Parise underwent exploratory arthroscopic surgery on his right knee to repair a torn meniscus.

Parise hurt the knee skating in August and has been bothered by the injury all season. He had three goals and three assists in 12 games.

The Devils sent Parise home from Los Angeles after a game on Saturday to have his knee examined.

Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello did not immediately return a telephone call by The Associated Press seeking comment.

Parise has been the focal point of the Devils' offense the past four seasons with 31, 32, 45 and 38 goals.

In the gold medal game against Canada in the Olympics, the U.S. Olympian scored the game-tying goal with 24 seconds left in regulation. Canada won the gold on a goal by Sidney Crosby in overtime.

The announcement is the latest woe to befall the Devils this season.

New Jersey, which has made the playoffs the past 13 seasons, is off to its worst start in 27 years at 3-9-1. The Devils' seven points are the lowest in the NHL and one has to wonder how long Lamoriello is going to continue with rookie coach John MacLean.

Very little has gone right for New Jersey since it re-signed high-scoring left wing Ilya Kovalchuk to a 17-year, $102 million contract in the offseason.

The NHL ruled the deal circumvented its salary cap and it eventually fined the team $3 million and took away two high draft picks over the next four years, including a first-rounder. The Devils can pick which season they give up the choice.

The deal, which was later reworked and approved at $100 million over 15 years, forced the Devils to play a couple of games with less than 20 players on the bench because having more would have put them over the cap.

Since the season opener, New Jersey has struggled scoring and been beset by injuries to veteran forward Brian Rolston (sports hernia), young defensemen Mark Fraser and Matt Corrente (both with broken hands) and rookie center Jacob Josefson (detached ligament in the right hand.)

The Devils will finish a road trip on Wednesday with a game at Chicago.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Actually a good win tonight. On the road, against the defending champs, Brodeur leaves the game, and they scratch out a win. Well done. Pick up a win against the Rags at The Rock Friday night and I will start to feel a little better about this team. Let's go Devs!

Actually a good win tonight. On the road, against the defending champs, Brodeur leaves the game, and they scratch out a win. Well done. Pick up a win against the Rags at The Rock Friday night and I will start to feel a little better about this team. Let's go Devs!
    The team was very uptempo and aggressive. Maybe since Zach is gone they are inspired to pick up the slack.

Jets Insider VIP
    The team was very uptempo and aggressive. Maybe since Zach is gone they are inspired to pick up the slack.
    You can't stop Dubinsky...you can only hope to contain him.

Seriously though, Parise will be a big loss. However, they weren't playing all that well with him, at least not consistently, so I really don't know what's wrong with this team.

One obvious problem that is emerging IMO is the fact that they are relying on a 38 year old goalie as if he's still 27. What is their future in goal?

Devils actually with a nice comeback win tonight. Granted it was against the Oilers, but it's still a good win. Can't be too picky at this point in time. They need to start stringing some wins together. Next up is at Boston on Monday.