Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ***Official '10-'11 New Jersey Devils Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    next 5 games vs Ottawa, @Atlanta, vs Islanders, vs Atlanta @ Ottawa

It would be amazing if they could rip off all 5 here, though it's probably not likely. 4-1 though would be pretty sweet. After this they have the Caps at home and a 4 game road trip that won't be easy. 8 points out now, if they can cut it to 4 with 10 games left they will have a very real shot at it.
    +1. With zero expectations after a disastrous start, I can live with whatever the outcome is...

Agreed. 4 points out with 10 to play would be great. And after the awful start, I'm just thrilled that we're in March watching games that mean something. I commend them for the effort regardless of how they finish.

6 points out as of right now, Buffalo plays today so it could change. This week they are home vs Atlanta, @Ottawa and home vs Washington(Retro jersey night) After the caps there will be 10 games left. Hopefully gap will be 4 or less going into it with a little help.

Important to note that this year the first tie breaker will be Regulation wins and OT wins with shootouts removed. As of right now the Devils have the lead in that category of all teams seeded 7-12 right now. So if they get enough wins to tie for 8th, they will more than likely break the tie vs anyone and get in. Nhl.com has the standings with the shootout numbers in case you wanted to check it out.

6 points out as of right now, Buffalo plays today so it could change. This week they are home vs Atlanta, @Ottawa and home vs Washington(Retro jersey night) After the caps there will be 10 games left. Hopefully gap will be 4 or less going into it with a little help.

Important to note that this year the first tie breaker will be Regulation wins and OT wins with shootouts removed. As of right now the Devils have the lead in that category of all teams seeded 7-12 right now. So if they get enough wins to tie for 8th, they will more than likely break the tie vs anyone and get in. Nhl.com has the standings with the shootout numbers in case you wanted to check it out.
    Good info on the tiebreakers.

No help from Ottawa tonight, Buffalo with the win.

Tomorrow night (well, tonight actually) is BIG for the Devs. Atlanta visits the Rock and a regulation win would jump them two spots up to the 10th seed, with the tiebreakers. Buffalo, Carolina, and the Rangers are all also in action. Buffalo and Carolina playing each other and the Rangers playing the Isles. Let's hope Sabres/Canes doesn't go to OT.

Another good outcome for us tonight, as Toronto beat Carolina in regulation. Moves Toronto back ahead of us, but we now have 2 games at hand on both and are only 2 points behind Toronto and 4 behind Carolina.

Next up for us, at Ottawa tomorrow night. Other games of interest are Philly/Atlanta and Toronto/Florida.

I don't believe in jinxes so I feel free to say it...

We're watching history being made. Yesterday's win convinced me. This team has more heart over the last 25+ games than I've seen a team have in professional sports for quite some time...

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I don't believe in jinxes so I feel free to say it...

We're watching history being made. Yesterday's win convinced me. This team has more heart over the last 25+ games than I've seen a team have in professional sports for quite some time...
    +1

This team just seems destined to make it. I feel like all the Devils haters that have been waiting and waiting for them to finally miss the playoffs were laughing in our faces the first half of the season, will be eating crow in a few weeks.

Just keep me away from the Rock. The Ottawa game last Tuesday was the only game I attended all season and it ends up being their only home regulation loss since early January.

Why is it this run so impossible. Because dopey losses against ottawa are the reason they are 6 points out instead of 2 right now. So pissed, maybe they can rally tomorrow at the rock for retro night. I will be there rocking the Chico jersey

Season over.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Season over.
    And I think tonight officially seals it. Good fight boys, you made a hell of a run. Looking forward to next season.

Only posting because I don't want to give up on the team. Pretty amazing that they're still mathematically alive after the first half that they had, with only 6 games remaining.

Officially eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Great second half boys, can't wait for next season.

Officially eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Great second half boys, can't wait for next season.
    They can take the Rangers with them if they win on Saturday and Carolina wins 1 of it's last 2

They can take the Rangers with them if they win on Saturday and Carolina wins 1 of it's last 2
    That would be awesome.

Also, nice to see Kovy get his 30th goal last night.

Carolina won big tonight. Let's go Devils tomorrow night. Take the Rangers out of the playoffs. They've got to be motivated to ruin the Rangers season.

What a brutal 2nd period...

Carolina won big tonight. Let's go Devils tomorrow night. Take the Rangers out of the playoffs. They've got to be motivated to ruin the Rangers season.

The Devils were as motivated as the Hurricanes were it seems.......Thanks for gettting the Blueshirts to the playoffs......

Seriously i give the Devils alot of credit for their performance after such an awful start......Losing Parise hurt big time in the beginning of the year........

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    The Devils were as motivated as the Hurricanes were it seems.......Thanks for gettting the Blueshirts to the playoffs......

Seriously i give the Devils alot of credit for their performance after such an awful start......Losing Parise hurt big time in the beginning of the year........
    Congrats. Yea, Devs have just been running on fumes the last couple weeks. That run just zapped all the energy out of them.

Congrats. Yea, Devs have just been running on fumes the last couple weeks. That run just zapped all the energy out of them.

Thanks....

I agree, almost impossible to keep up their torrid run but they gave it a great effort......The Devils are a tough minded well run organization.