Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jets can be right back in the thick of things with a win against the Patriots.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets can be right back in the thick of things with a win against the Patriots.

I'm willing to move on from the loss against the Ravens. Yes, it really sucks that we lost Kris Jenkins, and it also hurts that our offense didn't move the ball, and put up points, after our defense (Minus the flags) played one hell of a game.

With all that said, we lost to the Ravens, a serious AFC contender by 1 point. We played those guys tough as nails. The Jets won't be going undefeated this season, we lost our 1st game, but teams such as the Colts, Chargers, Vikings, Cowboys and Bengals also lost - I'm pretty sure those teams won't roll over and play dead this season, all because of one loss. Those teams will all fight for playoff sports, and the Jets should do the same.

It's not easy to beat the Patriots, but then again, it's not an easy task to beat this Jets team either. We beat the Patriots week two of last season, and I feel we at least have a chance to do the same this season. I'll give the offense a fighting chance to at least move the ball and put up points against the Patriots defense, because I'm sorry, the Patriots defense is nothing like the Ravens or even the Jets.

A win on Sunday is all that matters as of right now. A win on Sunday will have the Jets back in the hunt for the AFC East. The Dolphins also go on the road, to play a tough Vikings team.

If the Jets beat the Patriots and the Vikings take care of the Dolphins, the standings will look like this:

Dolphins: 1-1 (1-0 AFC East record - 1-0 AFC record).
    Jets: 1-1 (1-0 AFC East record - 1-1 AFC record)
    Pats: 1-1 (0-1 AFC East record - 1-1 AFC record)
    Bills: 0-2 (They aren't beating the Packers, IN Green Bay).

Will the Jets beat the Patriots this Sunday? Only time will tell. But a win is what I'm focused on as of right now.

This season is not over because of one loss. Yes, 2-0 would have been amazing. If I could pick between the Jets losing to the Ravens and beating the Patriots or the Jets beating the Ravens and losing to the Patriots - It's obvious that I'll pick the Jets losing to the Ravens followed by a victory over the Patriots of the AFC East.

One game at a time, but after NE it's all about the Dolphins game!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if we don't? What if we don't beat the Patriots and fall to 0-2? Is the season still not over yet?

I am thinking we will head into the Bye Week at 3-3 with a long stretch of tough games ahead (except Cleveland and Detroit) between Halloween and January. If somehow we can beat New England, then of course the 3-3 prediction changes to 4-2. I think we'll lose to New England and either Miami or Minnesota, possibly both. Buffalo and Denver SHOULD be gimme wins, even though they're on the road.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care what anyone does. Right now, we need to win.

I have faith in Rex.

End thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed4TheGreen View Post
    DWC, what will it be about after the Dolphin game?

Btw, nice job in the Survivor pool pal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to beat the Pats like a red headed step son.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's either fight of flight next weekend. Will be very interesting to see how this team responds.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats won't be easy but we've done it before. Hopefully the D can put Brady on his back,,,,hey, at least he's used to it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets won't be going undefeated this season, we lost our 1st game
    Wtf....link?

This guy is a strange sort of a savant from the future of sports.

I need stats to back this up. Wrf.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets will be in the thick of things whether they beat NE or not...were beating both miami and buffalo bank on it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this clown is right back to the old gimmick, huh?

Awesome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm willing to move on from the loss against the Ravens. Yes, it really sucks that we lost Kris Jenkins, and it also hurts that our offense didn't move the ball, and put up points, after our defense (Minus the flags) played one hell of a game.

With all that said, we lost to the Ravens, a serious AFC contender by 1 point. We played those guys tough as nails. The Jets won't be going undefeated this season, we lost our 1st game, but teams such as the Colts, Chargers, Vikings, Cowboys and Bengals also lost - I'm pretty sure those teams won't roll over and play dead this season, all because of one loss. Those teams will all fight for playoff sports, and the Jets should do the same.

It's not easy to beat the Patriots, but then again, it's not an easy task to beat this Jets team either. We beat the Patriots week two of last season, and I feel we at least have a chance to do the same this season. I'll give the offense a fighting chance to at least move the ball and put up points against the Patriots defense, because I'm sorry, the Patriots defense is nothing like the Ravens or even the Jets.

A win on Sunday is all that matters as of right now. A win on Sunday will have the Jets back in the hunt for the AFC East. The Dolphins also go on the road, to play a tough Vikings team.

If the Jets beat the Patriots and the Vikings take care of the Dolphins, the standings will look like this:

Dolphins: 1-1 (1-0 AFC East record - 1-0 AFC record).
    Jets: 1-1 (1-0 AFC East record - 1-1 AFC record)
    Pats: 1-1 (0-1 AFC East record - 1-1 AFC record)
    Bills: 0-2 (They aren't beating the Packers, IN Green Bay).

Will the Jets beat the Patriots this Sunday? Only time will tell. But a win is what I'm focused on as of right now.

This season is not over because of one loss. Yes, 2-0 would have been amazing. If I could pick between the Jets losing to the Ravens and beating the Patriots or the Jets beating the Ravens and losing to the Patriots - It's obvious that I'll pick the Jets losing to the Ravens followed by a victory over the Patriots of the AFC East.

I've said in a couple of posts...if the NEP opened the season against the Ravens, and the Jets hosted the Bengals, both the game plans and the results for both teams would've been reversed. Jets would once again own Cincy...and the Ravens once again abuse Brady and the Pats.

Jets will definitely run a more balanced attack. Passing it more on 1st downs. And breaking off some big runs. We'll see how well the Pats play on the road. I'm still picking our Jets to win this one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're only 1,140 minutes away from the Superbowl.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't care what anyone does. Right now, we need to win.

I have faith in Rex.

End thread
    +1

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Jets just better come out sunday and just be intense and no more pu..y footing and bang the ball in the end zone. we need to score points...we know the D can do it we have yet to see the O play in a season and a half...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks DWC

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm willing to move on from the loss against the Ravens.
    What a relief.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this guy back?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL......right back in the thick of things!!!! you act like with 1 loss we are soooo far out of it. DBAKE told the board that Suckchize would $hit his pants against that Raven defense and that is exactly what he did. I knew that little sissy and his little fruit boyfriend schotty would crumble.......BUT i also said we would win 11 games this year and thats whats gonna happen. i am not giving this game the 100% nod but I could see boy blunder bouncing back and getting us the W. and at 1-1 hey we are right in the thick of things....GEEZ!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha beating the Pats. ...not gonna happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why should anyone care that YOU'RE willing to move on after this loss?

Are we all supposed to be relieved?

How does someone get permabanned twice just change names and start again?

_