Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC Tornado's

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3738468]Hope everything turns out alright, 32.[/QUOTE]

Thx bro.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3738469]This is why I am so glad I don't commute into the city anymore.[/QUOTE]

Having to worry about you too... would have been too much for me to handle.

:D

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3738474]The subway to Jamaica is a loooooong ride so I'm sure I'll have plenty of quiet before I'm regaled with storm stories. And she's been in that friggin bar for over two hours now so those stories might be louder than normal. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Alright, she's off the subway... in Jamaica, supposedly jumping on an e/b train.

Crap, I gotta stop drinking and make dinner now.

:mad:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3738558]Thx bro.

Having to worry about you too... would have been too much for me to handle.

:D

Alright, she's off the subway... in Jamaica, supposedly jumping on an e/b train.

Crap, I gotta stop drinking and make dinner now.

:mad:[/QUOTE]
    I just got home from the Palm, blackening sky's as I parked, end of the world rain around 5:35 which I waited out about 20 minutes. After dinner into the car and hear about all the chaos, thank God your wife is ok I think someone died on the Grand Central.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys think its gonna be a ***** taking the E to forest hills from the city tomorrow?

Goddamn public accounting. This traveling out to middle of the nowhere queens sucks, almost got me killed today.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3738575]You guys think its gonna be a ***** taking the E to forest hills from the city tomorrow?

Goddamn public accounting. This traveling out to middle of the nowhere queens sucks, almost got me killed today.[/QUOTE]

Nah...the E is what got my wife from Penn to Jamaica.

Should be golden.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3738583]Nah...the E is what got my wife from Penn to Jamaica.

Should be golden.[/QUOTE]

Ya but im thinking if the lirr is still down tomorrow everyone and their mothers is gonna be on the E.

Taking the E out to queens in am rush hour is great because everyone is going the other way. I feel tomorrow its gonna suck:(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3738583]Nah...the E is what got my wife from Penn to Jamaica.

Should be golden.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3738588]Ya but im thinking if the lirr is still down tomorrow everyone and their mothers is gonna be on the E.

Taking the E out to queens in am rush hour is great because everyone is going the other way. I feel tomorrow its gonna suck:([/QUOTE]

My wife just got home. Took the E to Jamaica and got on a train, which made every local stop. Dinner was waiting for her. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    my whole neighborhood in Queens is a disaster area

many of the streets blocked off, including major thoroughfares

Tree on the sidewalk in front of my house not only fell, but was completely uprooted and took some of the sidewalk up with it.

My father had to walk home around 2 miles because no buses were running.

Our car was knocked out by a falling tree.

Storm hit around 5:30.

Devastating.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=yisman;3738720]my whole neighborhood in Queens is a disaster area

Tree on the sidewalk in front of my house not only fell, but was completely uprooted and took some of the sidewalk up with it.

Devastating.[/QUOTE]

thank God no one hurt

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The windows were open in my attic when it hit.

You should see what it did to the attic.

Slammed one window hard so shut I couldn't move it. The top was wedged in to the frame while the bottom was still open a little.

Another window remained functioning, but the screen was blown clear off and halfway across the room.

Everything in the area got soaked. That includes the TV and the table it sits on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the tornado hit 4 blocks from my apartment roughly around 8th st, up and down 3rd and 4th ave. in BK... my street is fine, that street is a wreck, trees down, cars are wrecked.. etc.. let's go jets!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3738727]thank God no one hurt[/QUOTE]

yeah, in my area I didn't hear about anyone getting hurt, but Daily News reported someone was killed and two were trapped in cars, and I'm sure there's more.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/16/2010-09-16_fastmoving_storm_packing_tornado_conditions_tears_across_new_york_city_with_wind.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The tornadoes are clearly out of their natural habitat. You guys should be safe in the long run. Without a big enough food supply of double wides and corn, tornadoes will usually migrate out of an area rather quickly. :yes:

[/science]

*edit: didn't read enough of the thread to see all the damage. Hope everyone stays safe.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs347.ash2/62692_588267749990_43906406_33762696_8329342_n.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=yisman;3738720]my whole neighborhood in Queens is a disaster area

Devastating.[/QUOTE]

What area in queens are you? I was taking the bus from Parsons Blvd to the Forest Hills E train which runs on Jewel ave. Sounds like the exact scene I witnessed. People were freaking out on the bus, we even had a pretty substantial limb fall on the bus, luckily it didn't do major damage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=yisman;3738736]yeah, in my area I didn't hear about anyone getting hurt, but Daily News reported someone was killed and two were trapped in cars, and I'm sure there's more.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/16/2010-09-16_fastmoving_storm_packing_tornado_conditions_tears_across_new_york_city_with_wind.html[/url][/QUOTE]

O crap. I was right were that person got killed:(

So sad, I think I saw the stretcher from the bus.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3738777]What area in queens are you? I was taking the bus from Parsons Blvd to the Forest Hills E train which runs on Jewel ave. Sounds like the exact scene I witnessed. People were freaking out on the bus, we even had a pretty substantial limb fall on the bus, luckily it didn't do major damage.[/QUOTE]

pretty close

flushing

main street in the 67-75 range

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=yisman;3738773][img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs347.ash2/62692_588267749990_43906406_33762696_8329342_n.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

thats GOT to be from a movie, no? like the stupid 2012 or something like that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    JFk was shut down for a bit yesterday. Lots of planes had to divert, not enough fuel to keep circling. I stink Obama was also in the area yesterday around that time, creating some temporary flight restriction zones.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEED JET GREEN;3738731]the tornado hit 4 blocks from my apartment roughly around 8th st, up and down 3rd and 4th ave. in BK... my street is fine, that street is a wreck, trees down, cars are wrecked.. etc.. let's go jets!!![/QUOTE]

Im on 8th and 16th st....hardly anything...but i drove down to 6th ave and from there to 4th ave it was just a mess. The McDonalds on 1st st had the fence ripped apart and that ended up about three blocks away....all the other streets, 3rd, 4th, had huge trees down and you couldn't get down most streets...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics, or it didn't happen.

Threadfail if a Twister hits New York, and no one in the tens of millions of yall had a camera.