Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Way Trade Chatter:SD, Skins, NYJ [False rumor from unreliable source]

Veteran

Exclamation 3 Way Trade Chatter:SD, Skins, NYJ [False rumor from unreliable source]

Vince Jackson to Skins, Haynesworth to Jets, don't know who we'd give up. Apparently Skins into Jets with the idea.

Came into my buddy's email, could someone verify please

FWIW: Possible 3-Way Trade w/ Skins & Chargers

http://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

*BREAKING NEWS* V.Jackson being pursued by Redskins-Skins have called Jets to garner interest they may have in Haynesworth in 3way deal
    *BREAKING NEWS* Sources indicate Skins have been the aggressor and Jets have not committed either way. Skins want Jackson bad they need Jets
    Sources are indicating that the Skins need Jets to ship picks to SD - Jackson goes to Skins - Haynesworth would go to Jets
    *BREAKING NEWS* This is not a done deal and nothing is imminent-Just some Buzz from last night-I repeat Jets have not showed their hand yet
    I happen to respect IB and he has been right way more times than he has been wrong. He's very generous with the info he gets and this seems a realistic trade.

Al Haynesworth has been talked about ad nasuem on this board but the he doesn't want to be a 3-4 NT argument is bogus. We all know that Rex would use him a lot of different looks and formations. He's an aggressive mofo as well and an anchor for this defense upfront.

If nothing else, just felt like passing along the info.

incarceratedbob
    *BREAKING NEWS* Washington Redskins have become front runners for Vincent Jackson but they want Jets involved in 3 way trade for Haynesworth

*BREAKING NEWS* Redskins have called Jets to see interest in a three way deal involving Vincent Jackson to Skins & Haynesworth to Jets

*BREAKING NEWS* Sources indicate Skins have been the aggressor and Jets have not committed either way. Skins want Jackson bad they need Jets

HERE WE GO.....Another IncarceratedBob breaking news source story.

Can't wait to see how fast this thread is gonna go downhill...

All League
    Charter JI Member

Oh boy....here we go again.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluis011 View Post
    HERE WE GO.....Another IncarceratedBob breaking news source story.

Can't wait to see how fast this thread is gonna go downhill...
    We have no idea who Incarcerated Bob is over here, but we do follow the Jets pretty closely. Also I am not trying to spread a rumor, notice I asked for verification. Obviously dump this if necessary, I could give a ****

All League
    Incarcerated Bob broke LeBron coming to the Knicks as well.

I don't see any Haynesworth deal being done.

Another thread was made at the same time, mods please merge.

Also, his latest tweet:

Nothing imminent yet - If Jets go 0-2 then maybe things heat up - Redskins want Jackson bad so they are trying everything

maybe but who would the jets give up to san diego? gholston? draft pick? and who is on the hook for hainsworth this season? the redskins?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'd flirt with Haynesworth for something non-important. If they are willing to move him for a 5th rounder, I'll jump. Perhaps even a 4th rounder.

Other than that, not worth the risk.

I felt dirty typing the first sentence though. After thinking about it for a minute or two, I'm not sure if I'd want him at all. Its not as if our defense suffered against the run even after KJ went out - and that was against a top notch Offense.

On second thought, pass. At least our soul will be intact.

The big question with a wild rumor like this is who would the Chargers want from the Jets? Where do the Jets have extra depth? One would think that the Chargers would like a WR. If Holmes was back from suspension one could see the Jets giving up one of their other WR's perhaps.

Now that all assumes that the Jets would want Haynesworth. I do not want that player, he plays hard when he feels like it and when there is a pay day in sight. I don't think he fits the scheme as an every down player.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The big question with a wild rumor like this is who would the Chargers want from the Jets? Where do the Jets have extra depth? One would think that the Chargers would like a WR. If Holmes was back from suspension one could see the Jets giving up one of their other WR's perhaps.

Now that all assumes that the Jets would want Haynesworth. I do not want that player, he plays hard when he feels like it and when there is a pay day in sight. I don't think he fits the scheme as an every down player.
    IB said earlier that:

Jets would most likely be trading 2 picks so Skins can add to package to ship for Jackson : Vikings are also hot for Jackson

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Prison Bob failed on the Rex-Schotty fight & the Jets signing Adalius Thomas.

Here we go again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I have no real faith in Inconstipated Bob, but if its being discussed as rumor, what's the harm in that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Just like we were going to sign Jarvis Green last week, Schottenheimer shoved Rex on Sunday, and Adalius Thomas signed with us yesterday. This guy just makes stuff up.

Veteran

Why I Would Not Want Haynesworth

We'd have to get Haynesworth for a song in order to even consider it, I mean low draft picks and Skins take a majority of the contract.

Pros are that Rex would run whatever D probably that would make Haynesowrth excel most.

Cons are contract, age, and he'd just be another misfit in the lockerroom.

Gut instinct feels a fail here, the Jets don't need this at all

We're not persuing him, according to multiple sources on both sides, official and otherwise, so nothing to worry about.

EDIT: Ugh, posted in this thread before reading the newest unverified rumour/speculation report thread.

All I can say is, I hope the Jets are smart on this. And smart IMO is avoiding Albert Plaguesworth.
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-17-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Just like we were going to sign Jarvis Green last week, Schottenheimer shoved Rex on Sunday, and Adalius Thomas signed with us yesterday. This guy just makes stuff up.
    Bingo!!!

His 15 minutes of attention are over...

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I have no real faith in Inconstipated Bob, but if its being discussed as rumor, what's the harm in that?
    no harm whatsoever.. in fact it's kind of entertaining to see Warfish squirm violently at the thought of getting fat Al.