Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Safety's- get the conversation started...

FS and OLB should be our top 2 picks next year IMO. We can get DE/NT depth later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    FS and OLB should be our top 2 picks next year IMO. We can get DE/NT depth later.
    Who would you propose we start at NT then. We basically are relying on one 30+ NT and no depth (not counting Jenkins with a twice blown out knee). I'd love for us to go DL in the first two rounds, but then again i am huge DL fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Who would you propose we start at NT then. We basically are relying on one 30+ NT and no depth (not counting Jenkins with a twice blown out knee). I'd love for us to go DL in the first two rounds, but then again i am huge DL fan.
    This is a horrible draft for NT's. I'd go with Pouha (who is 31 I think, but started old), draft a NT in the 3rd or 4th, and get more depth via FA.

8 weeks into the season it is painfully obvious that CBNY's statement about a safety NEED is on-point.

There is another area that has become an even greater deficiency, and that is getting to the QB. After watching Pittsburgh vs New Orleans, where both teams were able to dial up pressure, it's more than frustrating that the Jets can't get even a trickle on any consistent basis. Part of it is scheme, but itis mostly talent.

Jason Taylor doesn't really have it anymore.
    Bryan Thomas isn't even in the game on obvious passing downs anymore.
    Calvin Pace has been a load of dog**** out there -- totally overrated in 1 on 1.
    Ellis on the line always starts the year strong and then dries up.
    Pouha/Devito, ahhh no.
    Pryce gets some pressure, but not enough.
    Harris and Scott up the middle can work sometimes, but not frequently enough.

It seems like our best pass-rushers come off CB and safety blitzes. And the major reason why there's so much drama on 3rd down for this team is bc we can't get to the QB.

I'd say OLB trumps S in team needs.

All Pro
    We need a true edge rusher and should add one in the draft. Jason Taylor was just a stop gap solution.

Here are a couple of names that could interest the Jets:

Justin Houston (Georgia, 6-3, 260)
    Jeremy Beal (Oklahoma, 6-3, 267)
    Kentrell Lockett (Ole Miss, 6-5, 260)
    Sam Acho (Texas, 6-3, 260)
    Von Miller (Texas A&M, 6-3, 245)
    Robert Quinn (North Carolina, 6-5, 265)
    Chris Walker (Tennessee, 6-3, 245)

I feel like Jim Leonhard is the most overrated player on the team. The guy does not make any plays and he is routinely getting picked on. Props to CBNY for being one of the first to call this need out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    We need a true edge rusher and should add one in the draft. Jason Taylor was just a stop gap solution.

Here are a couple of names that could interest the Jets:

Justin Houston (Georgia, 6-3, 260)
    Jeremy Beal (Oklahoma, 6-3, 267)
    Kentrell Lockett (Ole Miss, 6-5, 260)
    Sam Acho (Texas, 6-3, 260)
    Von Miller (Texas A&M, 6-3, 245)
    Robert Quinn (North Carolina, 6-5, 265)
    Chris Walker (Tennessee, 6-3, 245)
    Beal is an interesting player, he looks like he might be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I feel like Jim Leonhard is the most overrated player on the team. The guy does not make any plays and he is routinely getting picked on. Props to CBNY for being one of the first to call this need out.
    Yeah good thing he campaigned hard for months against the Jets drafting Taylor Mays who is now one of the best rookie Safeties. We could have easily traded up for him in rd 2.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

welcome back abilifyboy....hope you took extra meds on tuesday..

Quote Originally Posted by YanksJetsKnicks View Post
    Yeah good thing he campaigned hard for months against the Jets drafting Taylor Mays who is now one of the best rookie Safeties. We could have easily traded up for him in rd 2.
    good post- i mean because what the jets really need in the secondary is another run first safety who can only play in the box and can't make plays outside the numbers, like he's doing in SF right now and did a year ago at SC...

then again i should be flattered knowing my campaigning has such an effect on tannenbaum and the rest of the Jets war room...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-04-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    How would you know about CBTNY if you just joined on Halloween- unless you were a previously banned poster making a new user name, now who could this be....hmmmm.

All Pro
    You mean the guy who got beat deep left and right against the Broncos?! Come on...

Nate Allen is the rookie safety we could use.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I know I always bring up UB players (habit), but has anyone heard of davonte Shannon? I think he's predicted as a late round guy. Idk about his covering ability, but he's always around the ball and is a great tackler....UB is starting to turn out players a la Richard and Scott.
    liked Shannon a lot in '08 but he really hasn't developed...run first guy who seems tentative in coverage.......

thoughts on Rahim Moore out of UCLA?

currently the highest-ranked Safety according to Scouts Inc.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    thoughts on Rahim Moore out of UCLA?

currently the highest-ranked Safety according to Scouts Inc.
    overrated...looking at the stats you'd think he's a ball hawk but the tape tells a completely different story...

Gilchrist/Clemson, Johnson/Boise St, Hagg/Nebraska, maybe Williams/Washington and none should go before the middle of round three...

a real game changer huh......

And while the Seahawks are eager to put the past two games behind them ó itís hard to blame them considering they lost by a combined score of 74-10.....it has struggled over the past two games, allowing more than 1,000 yards of offense to the Raiders and Giants

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...ORTS/711109809

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    a real game changer huh......

And while the Seahawks are eager to put the past two games behind them ó itís hard to blame them considering they lost by a combined score of 74-10.....it has struggled over the past two games, allowing more than 1,000 yards of offense to the Raiders and Giants

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...ORTS/711109809
    You do know that Mays is on San Fran, right?

All Pro
    Yeah and Mays isnt playing any good there either...

All Pro
    Yeah and he isnt playing well there either...

LOL! Oops! My do I feel like a dope!

the more i watch... clemson... deandre mcdaniel could be the best of a bad crop...