Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One miscalculation this year - Rex cannot control this team

One miscalculation this year - Rex cannot control this team

and this will be the team's undoing this year.

All League
    IBTL

I know Mangini was so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    and this will be the team's undoing this year.
    Great analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Great analysis.
    thank you. as a mathematician, i have much more but this is the summary.

All League
    I think it was all a misunderstanding. Braylon thought Rex said "Let's get a godamn shot"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Great analysis.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    I think it was all a misunderstanding. Braylon thought Rex said "Let's get a godamn shot"
    lol

Amazing that Braylon could even drink enough to get drunk. Apparently he dropped most of the drinks they gave him.

Braylon made a mistake, but he has always had problems follow him. This isnt like Rex letting the inmates run the asylum. Its one player who made a mistake. I know its a big mistake, but people forget he is a 20 some year old kid. As a fan you expect more and want the players to eat, drink, and breathe football 24/7 but how many of you, when you were younger, took your jobs so serious that you never went out during a weeknight? There is no excuse for the players to not have simply had a driver or taken a train back to Jersey, but I find it hard to believe that the team is so mad at Braylon for doing something that they all likely have done. Maybe they are mad at him being caught, but this behavior is par for the course for the age group and should not reflect on Rex at all.

Remember just a few years ago Ellis got busted for drug possession. He wasnt suspended by the team, I never heard any stories of how the team was terribly upset with him, and I didnt hear fans saying it was Manginis fault.

rex can't. he can't control them on the field from making dumb penalties, and he obviously can't control them off it. look at all the distractions even after hard knocks. sexual harrassment and DUI in only 1 week. and they've only played 2 regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol

Amazing that Braylon could even drink enough to get drunk. Apparently he dropped most of the drinks they gave him.
    Dbrick tried to block him from driving and Gholston went as far as trying to tackle him with keys in hands. Needless to say they both blew it.

Jets Insider VIP
    rex can't. he can't control them on the field from making dumb penalties, and he obviously can't control them off it. look at all the distractions even after hard knocks. sexual harrassment and DUI in only 1 week. and they've only played 2 regular season games.
    The Pats had more penalties and penalty yds than the Jets week 2. So the Jets did cut down on the penalties.

How about it's not Rex's job to babysit all 53 members of his team, and pro athletes are pretty much just grown children who have been coddled all their lives, and it's up to them to take responability for their own actions.

The good news is nobody got hurt.

And dude, cmon. Don't pretend like players getting DUI's is exclusive to us, otherwise you clearly haven't been paying attention to the NFL. There's a story like this every month.

It is what it is, Braylon will accept his punishment (Whatever that may be) and we'll move on to Miami, with or without him. Hopefully with.

"Logic says men are paid to do a job and will do that job because they are men who are paid to do that job" - John, Bergen Co. NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    How about it's not Rex's job to babysit all 53 members of his team, and pro athletes are pretty much just grown children who have been coddled all their lives, and it's up to them to take responability for their own actions.

The good news is nobody got hurt.

It is what it is, Braylon will accept his punishment (Whatever that may be) and we'll move on to Miami, with or without him.
    but the main reason provided for acquiring guys like braylon, cro and holmes was that rex would control them (as well as most everyone else). sure it's not rex's job to babysit these guys. but that's why cleveland got rid of him. they didn't want to do it either, so they were happy to let someone else do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    but the main reason provided for acquiring guys like braylon, cro and holmes was that rex would control them (as well as most everyone else). sure it's not rex's job to babysit these guys. but that's why cleveland got rid of him. they didn't want to do it either, so they were happy to let someone else do it.
    And Cleveland sucks.

No, the reason we got them is because they were superior talents who we could get on the cheap (relatively speaking), and they felt the reward outweighed the risk. And it probably still does.

The "Rex could control them" line was a media creation. Did Woody, Tanny, or Rex, or anybody well, important in the Jets organization ever say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    Braylon made a mistake, but he has always had problems follow him. This isnt like Rex letting the inmates run the asylum. Its one player who made a mistake. I know its a big mistake, but people forget he is a 20 some year old kid. As a fan you expect more and want the players to eat, drink, and breathe football 24/7 but how many of you, when you were younger, took your jobs so serious that you never went out during a weeknight? There is no excuse for the players to not have simply had a driver or taken a train back to Jersey, but I find it hard to believe that the team is so mad at Braylon for doing something that they all likely have done. Maybe they are mad at him being caught, but this behavior is par for the course for the age group and should not reflect on Rex at all.

Remember just a few years ago Ellis got busted for drug possession. He wasnt suspended by the team, I never heard any stories of how the team was terribly upset with him, and I didnt hear fans saying it was Manginis fault.

Agreed and nuff said....

I am 36 and I have certainly driven over the limit. Whats it take? Two drinks in Jersey to likely be over the .08 limit? Not sure how far gone Braylon was, but were I 26 or 28 and had boat loads of cash I would probably get nabbed for DUI's as well.

Rumor has it he was actually stopped cause his window tint was too dark. See.... thats youth. As a more mature black man, I have learned to know that window tint does nothing more than attract more attention especially from the police.

Not suggesting a means to get away with drinking and driving, but window tint will get you stopped way more often than no window tint.

He is young. Not excusing it. Not saying he should go unpunished. But... he shouldnt be banned from the league or whatever else.

Why because Edwards got a DWI like 70% of the league?

I guess Sparano cant control the fins because Ronnie Brown got a DWI

Tomlin cant control the Steelers either

And no mods can control this stupid thread.