Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Jets fans and Fatcessa/Bray issue

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets fans and Fatcessa/Bray issue

    Hey guys. Been a while since I posted here. Over at Jets Addicts we are taking a LOT of crap over our positions on Braylon and also Fatcessa's show yesterday. I posted this in response over there and was wondering if a) your geting the same treatment here and b) if you agree with my post. Sorry in advance for the typos...

    Seems as if some outsiders have come here and mistaken our anger at Fatcessa as somehow excusing what Braylon Edwards did. I think I speak for everyone here when I say nothing could be further from the truth. That said, I'd like tot state some things that I think EVERYONE here will agree to:

    1. NO ONE here is excusing Braylon Edwrads actions of the other day NOR are we minimizing them. What he did was assinine and inexcusable and he is very lucky he did not kill himself, his passengers or an innocent thrid party.

    2. We all agree that if convicted of DWI at .16, that he should be subject to whatever criminal punishment that he gets.

    3. By the same token, if he is convicted he should be subject to any team or league suspension (hopefully wihtout pay) for what what he did.

    4. Regardless of the rantings of some over weight radio hosts, there is only so much the Jets can do to the guy due to the CBA. They cant suspend him, they cant dock him any salary.

    OK, can we all agree on the above so far?? Now lets get to the issues:

    Fatcessa- Jets fans anger at him has basically NOTHING to do with his position against Braylon Edwards and has EVERYTHING to do with his hypocritical, double standard when it comes to the Jets. When Santoni Holmes got in trouble on that airplane for his ipod, before hearing ANY of the facts, Fatcessa buried the guy AND the Jets. Later, when it became apparant that the story was a gross exxaggeration, he said noting. A mere week later, Lawrence taylor is cuaght IN a hotel room where a 15 year old girl accussed him of raping her. Fatcessa's reaction? He downplays it saying "We need to wait and see when all the facts come out". Chris Simms gets busted driving while on pot wiht his preggo wife in the car...Fatcessa says nothin. Rex Ryan flips the bird to an overly aggressive fan at an MMA event and DESPITE Jay Glazer calling in to tell what happened (he was there), Fatcessa rails on Ryan for days. In 2008, Kareem McKenzie is busted for DUI and plays that week...Fatcessa says nohting. Jim Leyritz is in jail for killing someone while driving drunk...Fatcessa bearly mentions it. Braylon Edwrads is pulled over for DUI and Fatcessa goes balaistic for an entire show on both Edwards actions and the Jets decision to play him. And when anyone called to point out his prior positions on the subject, his answer was "today is not the day for that". Everyone see the pattern here? Fatcessa has a bias against the Jets both on and off the nfield and yesterday was just another example. THAT is what we railed agaist here.

    Braylon playing: I dont think anyone feels very GOOD here about Edwards playing v Miami but lets get a few things striaght. First, he hasnt been convicted of anything yet. Like it or not, he is innocent until proven guilty or pleas out. Second, by sitting him but still paying him (the must according to the CBA), who is that REALLY hurting? Certainly not Bray wh gets a little embarrassed but loses no money. No, it hurts the Jets and their chances of wiining, and it hurts the fans. Is sitting him v Miami REALLY going to teach him a lesson. Of course it isnt. All its going to do is hurt the jets..and of course they know this too. So they embarass him a little by not starting him. Now, IF they had the power to suspend and/or dock him salary and chose NOT to do that...that would be a different story. But they dont. All they can do is deactivate him for the game. But again, can i put a LITTLE perspective on this without being accussd of condoning his actions: he DIDN'T kill anyone!!! Now while many will say he was lucky to have not killed anyone (and I agree)...HE DIDN'T KILL OR HURT ANYONE!!!! Ray Lewis was involved (allegedly) in a MURDER before the SB...he played. Mike Vick KILLED dogs...some argued that he should not have even been suspended! Leonard Little KILLED someone drving drunk...he was back in the NFL. Braylon Edwards drove drunk...a STUPID, thoughtless, selfish act that COULD have done real damamge. But it didnt. The idea is to TEACH him a lesson so that he never does that again. Is sitting him and paying him this week going to do that? Of course it isnt. So he plays. Are Jets fans happy about that? As fans, perhaps. As people, not so much. But the idea that Braylon Edwards is the first player to (allegedly) commit a crime and play the following week is peropsterous and false. But since its the Jets (and saince their recent media exposure), all the Jet haters come out of the woodwork.

    We are not condoning what he did by ripping Fatcessa or saying were OK with him playing. We are merely exposing the hypocriscy of the situation and being honest as fans...a trait that IMO many of the outsiders who are coming here to rip us are lacking.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he lived by me he would be getting garbage thrown on his lawn at random, at the very least.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    675
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always thought that the most meaningful punishment for anyone convicted of DWI is that they be assigned to volunteer riding in the back of an ambulance, 20 to 30 hours a week for six months to a year. They don't need to learn much other than where things are on the rig so they can retrieve them when requested, how to handle a stretcher and how to stay out of the way. If anything is going to teach people about the realities of life, about actions and consequences this would do it. It also is meaningful community service.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    If he lived by me he would be getting garbage thrown on his lawn at random, at the very least.
    Francessa or Braylon?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon took a breathalyser and blew twice the legal limit....this is public record...not sure the innocent until proven guilty applies here.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    I have always thought that the most meaningful punishment for anyone convicted of DWI is that they be assigned to volunteer riding in the back of an ambulance, 20 to 30 hours a week for six months to a year. They don't need to learn much other than where things are on the rig so they can retrieve them when requested, how to handle a stretcher and how to stay out of the way. If anything is going to teach people about the realities of life, about actions and consequences this would do it. It also is meaningful community service.
    Not a bad idea.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Braylon took a breathalyser and blew twice the legal limit....this is public record...not sure the innocent until proven guilty applies here.

    of course it does. the machines calibrations can be questioned in COURT, as can the certifications of the officer administering the test.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Francessa or Braylon?
    The fat Phuck.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    I support Rex 100% whatever he feel's is best for the team on this issue.

  10. #10
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Hey guys. Been a while since I posted here. Over at Jets Addicts we are taking a LOT of crap over our positions on Braylon and also Fatcessa's show yesterday. I posted this in response over there and was wondering if a) your geting the same treatment here and b) if you agree with my post. Sorry in advance for the typos...

    Seems as if some outsiders have come here and mistaken our anger at Fatcessa as somehow excusing what Braylon Edwards did. I think I speak for everyone here when I say nothing could be further from the truth. That said, I'd like tot state some things that I think EVERYONE here will agree to:

    1. NO ONE here is excusing Braylon Edwrads actions of the other day NOR are we minimizing them. What he did was assinine and inexcusable and he is very lucky he did not kill himself, his passengers or an innocent thrid party.

    2. We all agree that if convicted of DWI at .16, that he should be subject to whatever criminal punishment that he gets.

    3. By the same token, if he is convicted he should be subject to any team or league suspension (hopefully wihtout pay) for what what he did.

    4. Regardless of the rantings of some over weight radio hosts, there is only so much the Jets can do to the guy due to the CBA. They cant suspend him, they cant dock him any salary.

    OK, can we all agree on the above so far?? Now lets get to the issues:

    Fatcessa- Jets fans anger at him has basically NOTHING to do with his position against Braylon Edwards and has EVERYTHING to do with his hypocritical, double standard when it comes to the Jets. When Santoni Holmes got in trouble on that airplane for his ipod, before hearing ANY of the facts, Fatcessa buried the guy AND the Jets. Later, when it became apparant that the story was a gross exxaggeration, he said noting. A mere week later, Lawrence taylor is cuaght IN a hotel room where a 15 year old girl accussed him of raping her. Fatcessa's reaction? He downplays it saying "We need to wait and see when all the facts come out". Chris Simms gets busted driving while on pot wiht his preggo wife in the car...Fatcessa says nothin. Rex Ryan flips the bird to an overly aggressive fan at an MMA event and DESPITE Jay Glazer calling in to tell what happened (he was there), Fatcessa rails on Ryan for days. In 2008, Kareem McKenzie is busted for DUI and plays that week...Fatcessa says nohting. Jim Leyritz is in jail for killing someone while driving drunk...Fatcessa bearly mentions it. Braylon Edwrads is pulled over for DUI and Fatcessa goes balaistic for an entire show on both Edwards actions and the Jets decision to play him. And when anyone called to point out his prior positions on the subject, his answer was "today is not the day for that". Everyone see the pattern here? Fatcessa has a bias against the Jets both on and off the nfield and yesterday was just another example. THAT is what we railed agaist here.

    Braylon playing: I dont think anyone feels very GOOD here about Edwards playing v Miami but lets get a few things striaght. First, he hasnt been convicted of anything yet. Like it or not, he is innocent until proven guilty or pleas out. Second, by sitting him but still paying him (the must according to the CBA), who is that REALLY hurting? Certainly not Bray wh gets a little embarrassed but loses no money. No, it hurts the Jets and their chances of wiining, and it hurts the fans. Is sitting him v Miami REALLY going to teach him a lesson. Of course it isnt. All its going to do is hurt the jets..and of course they know this too. So they embarass him a little by not starting him. Now, IF they had the power to suspend and/or dock him salary and chose NOT to do that...that would be a different story. But they dont. All they can do is deactivate him for the game. But again, can i put a LITTLE perspective on this without being accussd of condoning his actions: he DIDN'T kill anyone!!! Now while many will say he was lucky to have not killed anyone (and I agree)...HE DIDN'T KILL OR HURT ANYONE!!!! Ray Lewis was involved (allegedly) in a MURDER before the SB...he played. Mike Vick KILLED dogs...some argued that he should not have even been suspended! Leonard Little KILLED someone drving drunk...he was back in the NFL. Braylon Edwards drove drunk...a STUPID, thoughtless, selfish act that COULD have done real damamge. But it didnt. The idea is to TEACH him a lesson so that he never does that again. Is sitting him and paying him this week going to do that? Of course it isnt. So he plays. Are Jets fans happy about that? As fans, perhaps. As people, not so much. But the idea that Braylon Edwards is the first player to (allegedly) commit a crime and play the following week is peropsterous and false. But since its the Jets (and saince their recent media exposure), all the Jet haters come out of the woodwork.

    We are not condoning what he did by ripping Fatcessa or saying were OK with him playing. We are merely exposing the hypocriscy of the situation and being honest as fans...a trait that IMO many of the outsiders who are coming here to rip us are lacking.



    Well said now if we all stop listening to his show (i have already done this)
    His ratings will drop hopefully & then he can see if there are any employment opportunities for a fat know it all

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Woods in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would anyone listen? Do they also have a stange urge to multilate their bodies?

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reality is that after week 4, the Jets won't care. Expect him to receive official league/team punishment starting week 5.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSGold12 lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT View Post
    MSGold12 lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alive and still kicking! How ya been TT???? Miss you over at JA.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why was this thread moved????

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Why was this thread moved????
    Slikmojet made a phone call

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us