Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAXES dept. : " New York, Hawaii Top Earners Face Highest Tax Under Obama . . . " ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

TAXES dept. : " New York, Hawaii Top Earners Face Highest Tax Under Obama . . . " ~ ~

> [url]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-22/new-york-hawaii-top-earners-face-highest-tax-under-obama-plan-study-says.html[/url]

Gotta bailout the public unions retirement funds. Another entitlement!

it's not "Obama's plan" to have 10 years of tax breaks expire.

the tax breaks were written in a certain way and here we are. Every senator and representative that voted for the tax break also voted for the expiration of those breaks.

in case you are wondering tax breaks cannot be introduced permanently without a decrease in spending to make up for the lost revenue. It's against the rules of congress to lower taxes indefinitely and not square the budget. These were temporary breaks and the time has passed.
    Last edited by bitonti; 09-23-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Obama’s proposal would allow the top marginal tax rates of 33 percent and 35 percent to revert to 36 percent and 39.6 percent next year. [/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="6"]OH MYGOD!!![/SIZE][/B]

Social-Marxist-Terrorist- AntiChrist Obama is going to raise taxes a WHOLE 3 - 4%?!?

[B][SIZE="7"]3-4%???[/SIZE][/B]

[B]ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! STOCK UP ON CANNED FOODS!! BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE COMING APOCALYPSE!!! ARRRGGG!![/B]

[QUOTE]IRS data shows 80 percent of those facing higher taxes under Obama earn between $200,000 and $500,000. An analysis by the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation in August concluded their taxes would increase on average by $532 a year.[/QUOTE]

Wait. What.

$532 bucks? Are you seriously f*cking kidding me?

There is only one word to describe the people b*tching about this.

Retarded.

All of this b*cthing and whining over an average of $532 bucks. Jesus H. Christ.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 09-23-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3749007][B][SIZE="6"]OH MYGOD!!![/SIZE][/B]

Social-Marxist-Terrorist- AntiChrist Obama is going to raise taxes a WHOLE 3 - 4%?!?

[B][SIZE="7"]3-4%???[/SIZE][/B]

[B]ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! STOCK UP ON CANNED FOODS!! BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE COMING APOCALYPSE!!! ARRRGGG!![/B]

Wait. What.

$532 bucks? Are you seriously f*cking kidding me?

There is only one word to describe the people b*tching about this.

Retarded.

All of this b*cthing and whining over an average of $532 bucks. Jesus H. Christ.[/QUOTE]

Bull$hit statistics.....

If you make $250K and 50K is now taxed at 4 percent higher...that is $2,000.

Check the "political" source of your data.

I assume you will be voluntarily sending money in this year?;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3749015]Check the "political" source of your data.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Kevin should read the whole article before posting it. Silly me for quoting it... :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3749015]Bull$hit statistics.....

Check the "political" source of your data.

I assume you will be voluntarily sending money in this year?;)[/QUOTE]

didn't you know- simple mathmatics is over ridden by the liberal agenda????

we heard this same crap before about the mortgage deduction from the left- until someone worked out the numbers for them...

Hall Of Fame
    fyi :

Tax Vote Delay
    by Jamie Dupree - Sept. 24, 2010

Your news today is that Congress will not tackle the question of extending the Bush tax cuts until after the elections, as Democrats are pushing that off to a Lame Duck session.The announcement from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's office came after a two hour closed door meeting of Senate Democrats, where Senators could not agree on the best course forward.That seemed very obvious when Democrats emerged, giving all kinds of non-answers to reporters about what would be next on the schedule.

"Talk to the Leader, I'm not the Leader," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), who shot reporters a look that you might get from your mother when you are stepping on her very last nerve.Most Democrats :eek: refused :eek: to give any details from inside the Senators-only meeting, leaving us grasping for any indication of what might have been happening."Blink your eyes twice if there is going to be a vote next week," one reporter said to a smiling Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), who kept his eyes open wide.The problem for Democrats was simple - they couldn't agree on what to do. And Republicans aren't going to help them by agreeing to a compromise right now."We cannot pass what needs to be passed," said Reid's top lieutenant, Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL).

The inability to act again raises the chance that nothing may get done on this subject this year, which would result in tax increases for all working Americans at the start of next year.Democrats had initially welcomed the idea of a pre-election fight, but the daily drumbeat of bad poll numbers and nightmarish election predictions seemed to weigh on lawmakers over the last week.But waiting until after the elections does not make it any easier for Democrats to find a solution, especially when there are as many as five Senate seats that could immediately switch after election day.Those five Senate special elections are in Colorado, Illinois, Delaware, West Virginia and New York. Even if the GOP wins only two of those five, that means Democrats will have two fewer votes on the tax issue.

Congress will be back next week, trying to hash out a stop gap budget to keep the government up and running when the new fiscal year begins on October 1.

The Lame Duck is on the way.

And so are the elections

> [url]http://wsbradio.com/blogs/jamie_dupree/2010/09/tax-vote-delay.html[/url]

Veteran
    Another reason why there needs to be term limits. They could be getting sh[COLOR="DarkRed"]i[/COLOR]t done right now, but they want to use it for their ****ing campaigns.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kelly;3750043]fyi :

Tax Vote Delay
    by Jamie Dupree - Sept. 24, 2010

Your news today is that Congress will not tackle the question of extending the Bush tax cuts until after the elections, as Democrats are pushing that off to a Lame Duck session.[B]The announcement from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's office came after a two hour closed door meeting of Senate Democrats, where Senators could not agree on the best course forward.[/B]That seemed very obvious when Democrats emerged, giving all kinds of non-answers to reporters about what would be next on the schedule.

"Talk to the Leader, I'm not the Leader," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), who shot reporters a look that you might get from your mother when you are stepping on her very last nerve.Most Democrats :eek: refused :eek: to give any details from inside the Senators-only meeting, leaving us grasping for any indication of what might have been happening."Blink your eyes twice if there is going to be a vote next week," one reporter said to a smiling Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), who kept his eyes open wide.The problem for Democrats was simple - they couldn't agree on what to do. And Republicans aren't going to help them by agreeing to a compromise right now."We cannot pass what needs to be passed," said Reid's top lieutenant, Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL).

The inability to act again raises the chance that nothing may get done on this subject this year, which would result in tax increases for all working Americans at the start of next year.Democrats had initially welcomed the idea of a pre-election fight, but the daily drumbeat of bad poll numbers and nightmarish election predictions seemed to weigh on lawmakers over the last week.But waiting until after the elections does not make it any easier for Democrats to find a solution, especially when there are as many as five Senate seats that could immediately switch after election day.Those five Senate special elections are in Colorado, Illinois, Delaware, West Virginia and New York. Even if the GOP wins only two of those five, that means Democrats will have two fewer votes on the tax issue.

Congress will be back next week, trying to hash out a stop gap budget to keep the government up and running when the new fiscal year begins on October 1.

The Lame Duck is on the way.

And so are the elections

> [url]http://wsbradio.com/blogs/jamie_dupree/2010/09/tax-vote-delay.html[/url][/QUOTE]

seems they did change the best course forward- for themselves that it....

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3749015]Bull$hit statistics.....

[/QUOTE]

OMG, $2,000 more in taxes for a single guy making 250K a year. Oh, the burden!

Plumber's right. An extra 4% is not a big deal to merit the level of b!tching about this. If you're making 250K and single, that extra 2K in taxes isn't a killer. And that 250K is AGI so single guy is probably making 275-300K gross.

Waiting for the lame duck to do this is more proof that Congress has no balls.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=dcJet;3751181]OMG, $2,000 more in taxes for a single guy making 250K a year. Oh, the burden!

Plumber's right. An extra 4% is not a big deal to merit the level of b!tching about this. If you're making 250K and single, that extra 2K in taxes isn't a killer. And that 250K is AGI so single guy is probably making 275-300K gross.[/QUOTE]

The tax burden is too high already. You are adding 4% to 35%. Add in state and local taxes, and over 50% of income goes to the government. To anyone, 125K out of 250K is a big chunk of change, and a burden.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dcJet;3751181]OMG, $2,000 more in taxes for a single guy making 250K a year. Oh, the burden!

Plumber's right. An extra 4% is not a big deal to merit the level of b!tching about this. If you're making 250K and single, that extra 2K in taxes isn't a killer. And that 250K is AGI so single guy is probably making 275-300K gross.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....easy to spend someone elses money. I wouldn't mind paying more tax but when after I earn say (hypothetical) 200K, I can only put away 25 to 30K in a pension plan, I am down to 170K, then pay for my own health care, dental, life ins etc......

For what????? So I can drive on the same road as PK who pays no tax???;)

I am poorer than many retired "civil servants" who have the equivalent of say 1.5 million saved, free health care etc...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3751293]Yeah....easy to spend someone elses money. I wouldn't mind paying more tax but when after I earn say (hypothetical) 200K, I can only put away 25 to 30K in a pension plan, I am down to 170K, then pay for my own health care, dental, life ins etc......

For what????? So I can drive on the same road as PK who pays no tax???;)

I am poorer than many retired "civil servants" who have the equivalent of say 1.5 million saved, free health care etc...[/QUOTE]

liberals- the great spenders of other people's money....

of course their plan/platform is one which is sustainable:

1) increase the taxes on those who pay the most and pay the highest rate of taxes...

2) let almost 50% of the nations workers pay 0% fed income tax...

3) continue to extend benefits such as welfare and unemployment to able bodied workers, who, in many instances, find it more lucrative to stay on gov't handouts rather than take an available job(s)...

4) legalize the illiegal immigrant day workers who are taking jobs and not paying taxes...

sounds like that'll help get the nation out of the hole....:rolleyes: of yeh- forgot....

5) spend, spend, spend, spend your way to prosperity and when you run out of money print some more...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dcJet;3751181]OMG, $2,000 more in taxes for a single guy making 250K a year. Oh, the burden![/QUOTE]

I've changed my mind on the subject.

It's really a terrible thing...these tax rates going back to the rates they were in the late 90's. That was one of the worst economic times in this nations history, Bush had entered the presidency with one of the highest deficits in history. If it were not for his tax cuts, all the jobs that have been created over the past 3-4 years would never have been created.

Sometimes, you just need to step back and get a better perspective, ya know?

Veteran
    If you guys are against "spending other people's money", then shouldn't there be no taxes at all?

All Pro
    way to kill a thread, "geniuses"

the tax burden falls quite disproportionately

[url]http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpstables/032010/perinc/new11_001.htm[/url]

once again, the last 4 years (D) have been making the laws and running the show - poorly

when B. Hussein Carter or (D) actually creates a new job get back to us

Hall Of Fame
    YOUR tax $'s at work ? :

> [url]http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/08/senate-office-host-health-fair-covered-staffers/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kelly;3774111]YOUR tax $'s at work ? :

> [url]http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/08/senate-office-host-health-fair-covered-staffers/[/url][/QUOTE]

Typical government....let's help the poor. First, let's make sure our cadillac benefits are fully utilized.