Thread: Cant Braylon go after Francesa?

All League

Cant Braylon go after Francesa?

After listening to Fat ass yesterday have to wonder if Braylon could go after him with a defamation suit. There seemed to be numerous times fat ass stepped over the line with his personal attacks on him, now don't get me wrong if he wants to bash his playing thats one thing, but this is a "delicate" legal matter that will most likely have a impact on Braylons earning ability. Any lawyers out there ?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That's what pisses me off, he is entitled to his opinion but he has gone out of his way over the Jets and BE.

Rookie
    I loved it when he started carting out the wheel chair bound folks on the phone. I feel nothing but sympathy for them and their plight, but found his shameless leveraging of their situation to drive home his point despicable to the point of humor.

I think we have enough bullcrap lawsuits in this country.

A potential employer doesn't need Mike to tell them that Edwards is a time bomb waiting to explode.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LV2 View Post
    I think we have enough bullcrap lawsuits in this country.

A potential employer doesn't need Mike to tell them that Edwards is a time bomb waiting to explode.
    Now wait a minute I don't think this would be a "bull-crap lawsuit", Francesa is suppose to be a professional in his field and believe it or not there are a lot of people that listen to him and take what he says seriously.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    After listening to Fat ass yesterday have to wonder if Braylon could go after him with a defamation suit. There seemed to be numerous times fat ass stepped over the line with his personal attacks on him, now don't get me wrong if he wants to bash his playing thats one thing, but this is a "delicate" legal matter that will most likely have a impact on Braylons earning ability. Any lawyers out there ?
    Very difficult to prove.

Fatman merely has to show that his statements were either true or simply stated as opinion. Plus Edwards doesn't have the expectation of privacy that private citizens enjoy. Even if his statements were found to be false or he acted with actual malice, Edwards would still have to prove damages, maybe the most difficult thing to prove in defamation cases.