Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire - Steve Buscemi

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    Have always loved Steve Buscemi. My prediction is that Nucky and Capone blow away Gyp and the NY Italian godfather. Watching the previews it looks like Nucky's wife gets blown away too. Probably because Nucky is pissed that she got knocked up by his late bodyguard.

I like Boardwalk Empire but Homeland is a far better show.
    homeland is awesome but in a totally different way, hate to compare.

They are my only 2 "must see" shows every weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post

I like Boardwalk Empire but Homeland is a far better show.

I like Homeland but Boardwalk Empire is a far better show.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

They are my only 2 "must see" shows every weak.
    Besides Charlie Moore Outdoors, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler
    and the NY Italian godfather.

Partial spoiler...

You're talking about a non-fictional character in the show...

With Luciano's arrest, specifically the timing ('23), they are clearly staying the course as best they can for those guys...

Homeland and Boardwalk really make up for that fact Dexter has turned into utter garbage. Show should of ended 2-3 seasons ago.

Oh and where is Pheonixx hope he's well...

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Besides Charlie Moore Outdoors, of course.
    LOLz, Charlie Moore!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Anyone watching this season? Best yet, IMO. Too bad only one episode left. Should be a good one.
    I can't wait till Harrow starts shooting everything walking on two legs... All the cray spins the show has had this season is terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I can't wait till Harrow starts shooting everything walking on two legs... All the cray spins the show has had this season is terrific.
    Ditto, although his arc is clearly at an end... Hopefully more Capone, Van Alden, Meyer and Lucky make up for it next season...

Also, I'm a huge Wire fan, so Chalky playing a bigger role next season would be great too... Looks like its shaping up that way.

Too much of his wife this season in Boardwalk, want more Chalky, he is a very good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Ditto, although his arc is clearly at an end... Hopefully more Capone, Van Alden, Meyer and Lucky make up for it next season...
    Probably right, unfortunately. He has been my favorite character on the show. The episode where he spends the day in the woods is extremely poignant and well-done.

All Pro
    Probably right, unfortunately. He has been my favorite character on the show. The episode where he spends the day in the woods is extremely poignant and well-done.
    By far.

And while I love Homeland, it is not in BWE's league, really. The plot holes and suspension of disbelief, just in the last episode alone, are the difference.

That episode exactly was what drew me to Harrow as well. I hope he stays at least another season.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    Too much of his wife this season in Boardwalk, want more Chalky, he is a very good actor.
    Agreed, I remember seeing previews to this season and Kelly Mc.D said her character was going to show a stronger side but honestly I think the more you really see her personality the less I'm enchanted.
    Chalky on the other hand ever since last season I've wanted them to show more of him. That scene when his daughter invites her BF to dinner, or the prison scene when he sits still he keeps taking the dude's sh1t, even when he's insulting his woman, but as soon as he touches his book everyone starts beating the crap out of him.
    Last edited by Gata; 11-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    By far.

And while I love Homeland, it is not in BWE's league, really. The plot holes and suspension of disbelief, just in the last episode alone, are the difference.
    Not to ghey up the thread with Homeland talk but I get what you're saying...

Season 1 was amazing... Season 2 is '24 light'...

I'd have been so incredibly proud of the writers if they didn't give Brody the cop out of Dana's phone call...

Need more episodes comparable to last week's and less time spent on Margaret.

More Capone please, criminally underused.

A show with Lucky Luciano, Bugsy Siegel, Meyer Lanksy, Al Capone, and even the fictional characters Harrow, Chalky and Van Alden should automatically be the greatest show currently on television.

I actually started to like Gyp's character and how out of control he is, freaking awesome.

Even Nucky's driver Kessler has grown on me to the point where I don't want him to die.

Enough of Margaret who is easily the worst character on the show, have Gyp blow up the hospital while she's in it with the doctor.

Give me more Katie ( Owen's girl).

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Not to ghey up the thread with Homeland talk but I get what you're saying...

Season 1 was amazing... Season 2 is '24 light'...

I'd have been so incredibly proud of the writers if they didn't give Brody the cop out of Dana's phone call...
    Good way to put it. Not to mention, the whole hit-and-run subplot was probably the worst I have seen on any TV show in the last decade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    Been trying to figure out who is the scarier character portrayed on the show, Chalky, his bodyguard or Gyp. It's close.

This season has been excellent. Loved the line by Capone at the end:

Weve been on the road for 18 hours, says Capone, grinning with lethal intent. I need a bed, a bath and you and me need to sit down and talk about who dies.

Good stuff!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Good way to put it. Not to mention, the whole hit-and-run subplot was probably the worst I have seen on any TV show in the last decade.
    My wife and I took to referring to it as "Kim and the mountain lion redux".

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    My wife and I took to referring to it as "Kim and the mountain lion redux".
    Great call -- that is really the standard by which all terrible subplots should be judged.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

Weve been on the road for 18 hours, says Capone, grinning with lethal intent. I need a bed, a bath and you and me need to sit down and talk about who dies.

Good stuff!!!
    Definitely the best line.

Can't wait for the season finale. Maybe it'll be two hours. Last few episodes have been great.